I only go clubbing in my town these days and so not a big city, but here are my observations:
- Don't wear shorts
- Don't wear trainers (although you can occasionally slip past them if you are wearing non-white trainers)
- Some clubs won't let in people in fancy dress
- Most clubs won't let in people who've got their face covered
- Generic club dress
- Work shoes (or the shoes they used to wear to school if they don't wear smart shoes for work)
- Jeans in a subtle colour (dark blue/black)
- Darkly coloured button up shirt with a collar
Wear exactly that and you'll be indistinguishable from everyone else at almost every club.
- Type of club affects what you wear. If it's a indie club then leather jackets, t-shirts, necklaces, wrist bands are the order of the day. If it's a student place, wear the generic kit, but with a polo instead of a normal shirt. Go into a club for older people and you'll see more suit jackets.
That's the basics. You learn that the hard way after about a year of clubbing in this country when at least one member of the group will get turned away; "What? These are smart trainers".
I got bored of doing the normal thing shortly after reading the game. I now stand out not because I'm garish, but because I mix it up a little. Some examples include:
- long sleeve t-shirt with buttons 50% down the centre, waistcoat over the top
- basic short sleeve t-shirt with blazer over the top
- For days when I don't want to put any effort into my appearance, I put a pea coat over the top of anything so the bouncers don't see what I'm wearing at the door so I get in problem free. I also wear some deck shoes (never had any problems with them in any club I've tried to get into).
Great work. Add a jumpsuits for list.