James Franco to play MYSTERY in The Game Movie!!!

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » The Pick Up Artist on VH1 with Mystery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:09 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

If its successful it will probably tell a story along the lines of: PUA kinda of works, there are some cool thing to learn from it, but its largely creepy, look how interesting this messed up character mystery is. At the end of the day, its just about being yourself and an honest person.

Then the if the film is popular, it will make everyone have a media distorted shallow glimpse of the PUA community, meaning we will have thousands, and maybe millions more who know about the community but think its for super-routined fake guys. The game is written by a journalist may i remind you, so it's already distorted for dramatic effect, ontop of that the director and writers will change it even more, also the game focuses on some of the PUA with the worst mental state, and at a time when the community was in its infancy with project Hollywood, lots of things have changed since then, the community has moved on, specifically further towards natural and inner game, and less creepier outer game. It would be very bad for us if this movie was made and did well, unless the very rare situation that the director and writers are PUA members or sympathizers, in which case we could get an ok movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:33 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

The article only states that Franco is "in talks" to star in the movie. This could mean anything. Maybe he is friends with someone connected to the movie and wants to get some free publicity. Maybe Francos' agents are trying to get the word out about another one of their clients. Maybe they can not come to terms on money or timing and Franco passes. I could go on but you get the idea.

Read the article, every studio in town has picked up the rights to "The Game" and then done nothing with the book. This may happen but lets not get too excited about it one way or the other until they are actually filming this thing. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:52 am 
New to MPUA Forum

This rumour have been doing the rounds since 2008. I don't think its happening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:26 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
This rumour have been doing the rounds since 2008. I don't think its happening.
sure hope so, this society is supposed to be a secret...

this movie would tank anyway. horrible idea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:21 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

why the fuck don't they just cast mystery as mystery and neil strauss as neil strauss. the movie isn't based off fictional characters, deceased or really old. WTF -.- it's like casting someone to play eminem in a eminem movie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:03 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Remember everyone its a movie. So long as we as a community dont use the old lines from the game and maybe a few new ones we are safe. people will bee on the prowl for people using the game. if you have inner game or natural game your fine. think about how much can be fit into a movie. not much since there are people who have been learning for years. and on top of that there is the story of an AFC becoming a PUA and leaving. think about the end of the book. Everyone sees how bad PUA is and leave the house to try and live normaly. thats what going to get across. They wont make a manual how to movie. would be to creepy. no guy could be seen walking into it, but romantic they can get away with. The movie I hope rocks. You could use lines from the movie to pick up girls. I got a date once asking if a girl knew how to spell rohipnal (no i cant spell it) she said no i responded want to go on a date.
Its a line from a comedian. and it worked cause she knew that. If she didn't I would have just been asking her know hoe to spell date rape? thats not cool.
but thats just my opinion and would love to hear everyone opinion on this.

From the Mind of Naithiz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:33 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Not an issue at all. Canned routines and lines are really to get someone to break out of their shell. Chances are initially some girls have heard it...but I doubt they can fit the whole book into a 1 hour film anyways. It's going to be like any book to film remake - not as detailed. It doesn't matter.

Lets all be honest, girls KNOW this community exists, most girls know about "pickup lines" this film changes ABSOLUTELY nothing. It's more about the energy, the manliness, the confidence. They made like dozens of films about it...but hollywood is hollywood. They don't portray real life well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:58 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I have to agree. Im actually excited for this movie b/c well im excited for every movie that is based on a book ive read, but that also means ill probably be disappointed.

If anything tons of guys will try to get into the community, some may get good, most will fail and forget about it, and those of us that actually have game will continue to come up will new tactics and techniques. So its really not gonna be a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:01 am 
New to MPUA Forum

At most I think what the movie will do is something that probably happens in some PUA heavy areas anyway, which is it will eliminate certain openers or negs from being used against certain women (namely those who watch the film).

In any case everyone interested will have at least 2 years to come up with new stuff while the film is being made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:02 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Well I have to say i am happy and un happy for the movie to be made.
I like the fact that Professional Pickup Artists are getting the recognition, the props and the thank you's for all they have done.
but on the other hand, and being new to the game I am not sure if I want everyone to know about this because it will create more competition, and for us PUA's we will have to possibly change our games strategies .
though from what I am reading is this movie has been a couple years in progress. so i dont know if it will happen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:32 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I actually think The Game has really fantastic potential to be a great film. It's got lots of cinematic qualities to it, I could see it being a sort of "social network" kind of film.

Whtehr or not making a movie about it is a good idea though Idunno...

Post subject: Apocalypse, now?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:31 am 
New to MPUA Forum

If James Franco stars in it, it will very likely be a great movie and go mainstream. However, I dont think it will ruin the community. It might change it a bit, but not ruin it.

Pick-up becoming mainstream was actually my first fear when I joined to community. I was afraid that someone would recognize the lines and call me on it. As my understanding of the venusian arts grew, I started to realize that this community has no expiration date. The society is changing, but so are we.

Those majorly relying on standard canned material might run into some problems, but most of us will be just fine. The infamous quote from VH1’s The Pickup Artist, “this is building a life!” actually has some sense to it. Getting into to get pickup business should do much more for you than just give you a set of lines. It should make you a better person.

The most important aspects will survive the apocalypse.
Well sure, some girls might become more bitchy and aware of us. So what? Bigger bitch-shields call for harsher negs.

/tecs
Quote:
..book to film adaptions usually turn out to be shit
quote]
Are you serious? The Shawshank Redemption, No Country for Old Men, Shutter Island, The Lord of the Rings, Memento, The Silence of the Lambs, just to name a few.
And a new TV-show some of you might have heard of called Game of Thrones?

I think I made my point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:28 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

it doesnt matter if this film comes out at all, the attraction switches dont chance just because people know them. Plus it doesnt matter how many people see it, the skills wont work if people dont try them, and for that you need confidence, not everyone has the balls to have a go

Carl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:16 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

The advertisement line will probably be 'Wedding Crashers meets Fight Club'.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:23 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

awsome!