I am writing this post because I know how terrible it is to suffer from social anxiety!
This is how I overcome social anxiety and completely changed my life for ever, in a hugely positive and way.
I used to have a severe form of social anxiety, even to the point where I never left my house, but let me tell you first and foremost its completely curable!
Keep reading and you will understand!
I remember how I used to think that I would be stuck like this forever.
Now I have a very outgoing life, with lots of friends. I'm comfortable with myself and talkative in every situation. I give lots of speeches for work. I even dated several beautiful women and never fear to approach beautiful girls walking on the street. So it’s completely possible to get rid of this disorder, I am living proof!
First, let me explain my background so you can understand me and relate to me. Around 4 years ago, my SA was so bad I was a mess, I never went out, I couldn’t even make eye contact, my only friends were online through video games. I felt everyone was judging me. It was a horrible way to live.
One day I saw the Facebook of an old friend living a super happy life with a beautiful girlfriend, job, and friends. And I knew I would do whatever it takes to change.
I'm going to give you my whole process to recovery, which worked for me.
First I told my mother and father about my situation. It helped me remove guilt and pressure. It was the best first step, I started doing exercises in my garage. It was hard but after a while, I felt great. Then I started lifting weights in odd hours where few people went. But after about a month I gained courage and went there daytime and I realized that it wasn't that bad. I still felt a little anxious though. Exercises for sure helped the way my body felt and my self-esteem and gave me something else to think rather than negative thoughts & Video games.
I continued to search for answers on how to cure this thing all over the internet. I came across a really cool Article on Social anxiety and using behavioral changes to get cured. The guy was just like me a normal guy that cured himself. That program changed my life, you cannot imagine how amazing it was when I applied all the techniques. Here’s the program if you are curious: socialanxietycure.space It's under products it’s called: The Shyness and Social Anxiety System
Then I got a job offer from New York. Decided to take the risk and leave. I used the techniques in the program and slowly fought my way to deal with the job, then even felt nothing, started doing small group presentation, every step was hard, but I got over it and got better.
I listened to that mp3 every morning before I went to work. It helped a lot, even though I was still Socially anxious. One thing you should is to challenge yourself every day, I know it’s hard but after you have done it, it will be well worth it.
The thing about social phobia is that it puts a label on you. And you keep telling yourself there is something wrong with you. But that only makes you feel you have a “problem” which you don’t it’s all behavioral. It’s all bullshit! There is nothing wrong with you except how you think!!!!!
There's nothing wrong with your brain. It's just the way you think, and trust me. You can change the way you think.
Here's a list that I've put together that will help you feel better and help you with your social phobia and just life in general:
1. Start focusing on Positive things
- When you focus on the negative thing and things you think you cannot accomplish you will get more of negativity in your life. When you focus on what you want and positive things, you will get more of that. It's pretty simple. Never be hard on yourself. I will do you no good what so ever.
2. Push Yourself
-Do things that scare you, start small and work your way up. You will find that the things aren't that bad as you thought and you will grow as a person. And even if they are bad, you will gain some confidence just because of the fact that you didn't like it but went for it anyway! "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"
-It sounds very "new age" But breathing really is important. When you feel anxious or nervous, breathe calmly and deeply, with your stomach. A lot of people actually don't know how to breathe properly. You want to breathe the way you did when you were a child. When you breathe in your stomach should expand and not the other way around. Take a deep breath trough your nose, hold it in for a couple of seconds then breathe out through your mouth, it'll make you calm and relaxed. And you should always breathe through your stomach.
4. Shower and shave daily, always look your best.
- It'll help with your confidence
5. Eat healthy food & do Exercise
- It's just one of those things that make you feel better with no real effort at all
6. If you drink coffee or caffeinated beverages, stop.
- Caffeine is not healthy, especially if you have anxiety problems. Caffeine increases the chemicals in your brain that causes anxiety. So stop drinking it, at least until you've dealt with this problem.
7. Have your place clean
-It'll help you keep your head straight when everything is not a mess in your house/apartment
- Wear clothes that look cool and good on you. It might sound shallow, but it is one of those little things that will help you feel better because reinforced self-esteem helps.
9. Consider career changes
- If you hate your job, then quit and start working somewhere else. You'll get a fresh start, and you really shouldn't work somewhere that makes you feel like shit. No excuses, if you hate it, quit. Period.
- Improve your posture and the way you carry yourself. You want to have a straight back, shoulder back and dropped free of tension, chest out, lift your ribs up. And just carry yourself in a more confident manner, don't look down, don't put your hands in your pocket. You should only have to look down once when you enter a new place, just to make sure there's nothing in the way. The thing is, even if you feel low on confidence - when you carry yourself confidently you will automatically feel more confident.
Now, finally, I'm going to recommend a couple of things that have really helped me in my life and gained the new perspective on things.
First: WORK HARD!
In this program, you'll learn how to eliminate ANY type of psychological problem you might have. Anxiety, anger, bad thinking patterns, how you react to certain situations etc. and a lot more. It's a really good program! http://bit.ly/socialanxietyfreedom1
Also, I want to recommend a book called "love yourself like your life depends on it” And - Really great book. I would describe it as a guide on how to live a wonderful, joyful life. Some really invaluable tips in that book.
And for dating get the books “Tao of Bad Ass” which helped me land some beautiful women including my amazing girlfriend. http://bit.ly/Taoofbadass1