How do I build a strong sense of masculinity and confidence?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:17 am 
New to MPUA Forum

How do I build a strong sense of masculinity and power? I have bad social anxiety due to past problems..anyway,I need a huge boost in confidence and assertiveness.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:19 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Also I have an on and off depression and anger. It gets pretty bad sometimes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:19 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Define to yourself what masculinity and power actually are. You might want to do a lot of reading on this as it is complicated. Set your own personal values and boundaries by those definitions and start living your life by them. Set tiny goals, minute things and build up from them. E.g Don't put of doing the dishes, keep you flat/house tidy all the way up to running across the room and opening the HB10 in front of a hundred people because she is what you desire. Every little thing you maintain your discipline, courage, authenticity and honesty (or whatever your own values as a man are) you grow as a man. Man the fuck up and push through the hard stuff :x

You also need to work on a strong positive perception. If you see things through a negative filter you will never become confident. 10 Day positivity challenge is good for this

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:40 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Masculinity is not something you do, it's something you are. There are certain traits that make a man really masculine and assertive. The main trait is 'freedom from outcome'. Focus on this the most and everything will automatically come along with it. Freedom from outcome means that you concentrate on your actions and not the reactions. Let me explain. When most guys approach girls, they look for some result. In some cases it's to get laid, in others to get a kiss etc... This is not masculine at all because these guys have a certain fear that if things don't go their way they will feel bad and therefore they pressure themselves to try to get some kind of result. Girls feel this subconsciously. A masculine man on the other hand approaches a girl to get laid but doesn't give a fuck if the girl rejects him. Meaning he's prepared to get rejected and is only concentrated on his actions. He is only concerned about things in his control. Girls really respond positively to this because they know in the back of their head that they can't control this guy or manipulate him no matter what they do, in other words this guy is a BOSS. The same with other aspects of life.

So in short, don't base anything on outcome, instead base everything on your actions. Be fearless of outcome just understand there is am outcome and don't care about it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:03 am 
New to MPUA Forum

push through the pain huh. I will definitely put it to action. Thanks for the motivation guys

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:30 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Look, I'm a total newbie myself and this is like my second post so you don't have to take my advice. But I know a guy who went like 2 months without masturbating even once and he claimed that his confidence skyrocketed. He was just walking up to girls and saying things he never would have dared to before. I guess all the pent up sperm and no release just made him really, really, horny, which overcame his anxiety?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:47 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Masturbating alot creates laziness. I should know.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:49 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Define to yourself what masculinity and power actually are. (snip)
I like this a lot, once you know what something is its easier to actually get there.

My two scents is to get used to meeting a lot of attractive women and expressing your sexuality with them in some way, flirt, sexy eye contact, etc. The rest seems to fall into place once you get this going.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:01 am 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
How do I build a strong sense of masculinity and power? I have bad social anxiety due to past problems..anyway,I need a huge boost in confidence and assertiveness.
I started seeking out role models for success. People like Micheal Jordan, Seal, Dwayne Johnson. I am noticing the power of vocals and tonality. Things like positive affirmations and taking up space. Dwayne Johnson is a master at that. He found success only after tasting failure many times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?client=mv- ... nomobile=1

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:15 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 4SL_QEmVVI

enjoy