How do I make conversation interesting?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:29 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I have to say that when it comes to conversation, I think I drop the ball a lot. I really need tips and pointers on how to keep a conversation interesting. I've always been on the quiet side. Most of the times I don't talk to girls unless they talk to me first, which is getting infrequent the older I get, and at that I usually won't give chicks that are ugly a chance to take it any further than talking. Whenever the good looking girls talk to me I'm all game, but I usually wait to be opened. Sometimes I score with conversation (with girls) sometimes not.

So how do I keep a conversation going, and keep it interesting? Are there certain topics I should stick to and certain topics I should avoid? Also, I tend to talk about what I know, Which is music and stuff (The technical side, and my experiences with bands and shit), but I don't know if that sounds like I'm bragging or anything. If I can I like to talk about philosophy and science, but most of hte population is too fucking ignorant to like that shit.

Also, I can start a conversation with very minimal anxiety(If it's a less than attractive chick, or just a random stranger). I do have a hard time approaching good looking women (8-10's) Because, let's face it, I'm not interested in anything less.

I also have problems coming up with shit to say on the fly. (Comebacks, retorts, etc) Any suggestions to work that muscle?

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:45 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I'm still pretty new at this, so take it with a grain:

Biggest thing I can suggest is get out of your head and into your body. People are fucking stupid.
Direct your mind to putting out a good friendly and masculine tone of voice, relaxed frame of body (leaning back not forward, good posture and welcoming body language). If you disagree or think hard about something, don't show on your face anything that they can construe to be a judgment. People hate being judged. Seek out conversation partners you think you will enjoy, you're not here to please anybody and you don't need everyone to like you.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:19 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

If you like talking about music, talk about music. You should talk about whatever you want and whatever interests you, and talk about it with confidence and real interest in the subject. The girls will feel the interest and they'll become interested too. You should be the one leading the conversation so talk about what interests you. You can talk about science and philosophy as long as you don't make it sound boring.

But above all remember that it's not what you say, it's what you communicate. Like watabi said, focus mainly on your body language/sub-communication.

Hope that helps

LimitlessAlpha.com

If you're one of those guys who reads countless pick-up material yet still has some trouble meeting and seducing women, because of AA or fear of rejection or whatever, this'll fix you up.