How to stop giving a shit about what people think?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:58 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

I have a huge problem with worrying about what other people think about me. I don't know if it is based off some insecurity in the past or the way I was brought up. Sometimes it's so bad it makes my forehead sweat and internally freak out. This may have to do with approval seeking

What's the best way to stop giving a fuck what people think ? Xanxax works wonders, but fuck drugs I'm doing this naturally. I KNOW IT IS POSSIBLE!

Can anybody give me some steady field exercises to work on everyday, week, or month?

I'm going to tackle this.

Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:15 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

You seem to have the right attitude.

Here is my method:

I also suffer from this till this day, but I can confidently state that I have improved.

First things first: meditate.

There is no scape from meditation, the point behind meditation is ( besides all the other beneficial effects that comes from shutting your brain down for a while), that you are more AWARE.

Awareness is everything in this world we live. So next time you are seeking approval, be aware of the reason why you did what you did.
The next time after that you might surprise yourself realizing BEFORE you do any action, that you are about to do it to seek approval from others.

Example: Hey sis! What do you think about this new shirt I just bought?
Sis: blah blah.

The proper way: Imma ask my sis about this new shirt I boug... Aww shit! I wont ask anything. I bought it, I like it. Fuck what others think of it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:02 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Visualisation techniques are the best thing to start with. PM me and I'll give you access to my audio for free on this.

You should read psychocybernetics. The work by Max Maltz is the basis for most formulas for success adopted by the rich and famous and all your sports stars. He explains why you give a shit and how not to, basically.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:34 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Create your own world.
You have things you, specifically, want in your life, now don't you?
Worry about those instead of the people that don't get 2 shits about you or your life. I mean, if you dance, you'll see it doesn't matter what people think anyways, it won't make you a worse dancer.

Do what you love to do. Say what you want to say. Talk how you want to talk. This world is yours.
Let people see what your reality is like. How you go with ease and no worries.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:59 am 
New to MPUA Forum

To be honest, reading books, listening to audio courses or even meditating won't help much with social anxiety. Believe me, I've been there, and what really got me going is simply doing crazy weird stuff.
About four years ago I took an aspiring pick-up artist under my wing. You can't imagine how shy he was. He was afraid to look me in the eyes, let alone girls. So, we started doing crazy things like going into the city only in our underpants, wearing jackets made of newspaper or giving roses to random girls on the street. Basicaly, doing anything that would put us in uncomfortable and awkward situations. After the summer, the guy completely changed, he eliminated all social anxiety and just started communicating without caring what other people think. Seriously, social anxiety (or any other personal trait for that matter) is just like working out. You may read hundreds of books on fitness but it won't make you fit. Nothing can substitute going out there and actually dealing with your social anxiety.