Your advice to get into shape and to dress better will surely help. And as for opening and sexually escalating, yes definately. But there are more components to this than you are willing to admit.
If one gets into shape and then approaches a bunch of women and sexually escalates with them all, the chance of him going home with one is pretty high. That said, I agree that there is much more to seduction than just looking good, approaching and escalating. However, those three things give newbies 80% of their success and should be focused on more. Then when they start getting the other 20% down thats when their numbers will improve.
As I have said before, PU is not the same for everyone. People have different sets of strengths and weaknesses.
If you were to take pickup advice from Brad Pitt, he would say, the only thing that is important is if you pick her among the crowd of 1000 horny girls or not, just point her out and she is yours.
Kinda unrelated story here but in an interview once, Brad Pitt admitted that he couldn't pick up women in LA clubs until he got famous because he was afraid to make a move. You mentioned Brad Pitt and made me think of this.
If you got your game down and the only sticking point you have is that you are fat, or that your game got better when you lost weight, that will be the only thing you think is important because that is what you have had problems with. Other people have other problems, maybe inner game, maybe not having stuff to talk about.
Not sure this really has anything to do with the main point of my post.
I agree to an extent, it is not rocket science, people did get laid before the game was invented. However, not everyone got laid. Look at a wolfpack, the alpha male is the only one mating. Same with a lion pride. On this forum we are not trying to get the alpha male laid, because he already is. We are trying to take the whimpy little betamale and train him to be able to get some action too.
The community REALLY needs to ditch the whole idea of the "alpha male." The community has turned the "alpha male" into one big joke, nothing more than a cartoonish version of what the original meaning was.
Alpha? Beta? Omega? .... Fuck that shit. There is "You" and thats all that matters. People need to forget the silly labels.
Anyways, as for getting the "wimpy beta male" laid, I agree. The best way to do this is to focus on the fundamentals (the 80%). This will let them meet a lot of women really fast (important) and will get them laid realitivly fast as well (also important). From there they cna start working on the other parts of seduction (the 20%) and add "finesse" to their game so they can improve their numbers.
This is not a forum purely for people who already have got game, this is mainly for people who dont have any game at all and wanna change that. People starting from zero.