Wearing a suit to the pub?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:21 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Does anyone do this? What kind of reactions do you get?

The main reason I'm hesitating on this is because my friends know I don't do stuff like that, so if I all of a sudden wear a suit around they'll make a big deal out of it.

I do look pretty good in the suit though. And the jacket alone cost $350.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:44 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Why change your normal routine for the sake of game? Dont change who you are or do somthing socially unnacceptable just for the sake of doing it.

If anything this could make you find some new places to wear your new suit. Expand your horizons

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:49 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

The main motivation was actually to just have a suit because I thought it'd look good on me. Which it does until I realize I still have moderate acne all over and don't want to go out (it's an on and off condition depending on my lifestyle). But yeah I was thinking of taking it around the shopping centre. Not sure how direct game in public works on girls my age (19) and younger (18/17).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:22 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

AOL: Adelaide
Hey!
I did this last night, it's great fun, all eyes are on you. A few things to consider though when wearing a suit to a casual pub is:

Alibi - You don't want to seem like you're seeking attention. I said we just came from a wedding, throughout the night i added to this wedding story (for shits and giggles) as i got more and more drunk... eventually i was saying we crashed the wedding and dirty danced with Auntie Sue then got up in front of the whole crowd to rock out some karaoke.

Wing man in suit - Another brain is always handy when picking up, it makes it more fun and that fun vibe is contagious.

Be comfortable and confident (you look good who cares)

Talk to as many people as possible, more social you are the more people will accept you and your over-dressing.

Walk in with some of your (pretty) girl-friends. You look like the man haha.

Some girls were saying to us that "we first thought you guys were gossip girl try-hards but you're actually cool..." At the end of the night we were invited to 2 after-parties and both got lucky. So big tick for suit, i'm definitely doing it again.

SUIT UP MAAAN! If i haven't convinced you, Youtube "Barney Stinson suit up" haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:30 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

I would never wear a complete suit aka tuxedo when I'm out in a club.

Unless I have a strong alibi or I have other people dressed up with me.

People look really try hard to me when they go to clubs with a suit.

If you want to feel sharp just wear a nice shirt, a skinny tie and a nice pair of jeans. That'll do the trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:40 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
I would never wear a complete suit aka tuxedo when I'm out in a club.

Unless I have a strong alibi or I have other people dressed up with me.

People look really try hard to me when they go to clubs with a suit.

If you want to feel sharp just wear a nice shirt, a skinny tie and a nice pair of jeans. That'll do the trick.
Damn shit, I fucking hate the look you just mentioned, but I believe it works.

What about slacks and a pair of nice pants, dress shoes, and a leather jacket. I think that looks hot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:28 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

If you feel like wearing a suite do it.. What do you care about the opinion of your friends..My friends sometimes try to make fun of me ,just do it back to them,that's were friends are for right 8) say something sarcastic like: do i detect a bit of jalousie in your voice.. don't worry i will leave some chicks for you. Girls like a man in a suite, just make sure you don't look to serious Good hunting;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:12 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Tone it down with jeans, scarf and a tee, wear it more like a blazer or any other jacket than a 'serious-business' suit.

It'll work all over, from day-to-day life on to nights out, just vary it, keep your stuff clean and dry-cleaned. (Dry cleaning jackets becomes a bitch real fast) Stick with it though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:28 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

I think you answered your own question by saying how your friends would react, this would only make you feel more insecure.

Still find somewhere to wear the suit and also plenty of acne SPAM as well as it usually disapearing around your age or shortly after :)

Is PU any good in your pub anway?

"Do I look like a gentleman to you in this shirt and these pants?"

"I know you from some place."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:15 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Unless you went to an event that required one, or work required it, I would not even wear one.

Wearing a suit should be a reflection of your status and career so when you come into a pub they know you just gotten off work especially when the regulars seen you in casual wear.

I would stick to something more toned down. Sportscoat at the very most (if in college) but I think with your age a nice shirt/tshirt is the most you would want and really need with some minor accessories.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:18 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I wear all sorts of different outfits in the pub, all depends on my mood, or whatever.

I wore a suit and a creme scarf last friday at a most casual pub ever. The girls like it, the boys might try to AMOG you. Do it with style, and like its just a natural thing and most girls will give you attention..

Im sort of short 175 ish, and it's not like the tens are approaching me. They did on friday, even smiled and giggled, so it works. Something they might say is "I love it when guys makes an effort"

Just don't wear a black suit and white shirt, that shiet belongs in funerals and more formal settings.

I like grey, navy blue (not blue with stripes, stripes is sort of meh)

Put in a hanky

If you are wearing a navy blue suit, get rid of black colours in general. Use brown boots/shoes, red brown or w/e hanky and maybe a tie.

As others said: Should be somewhat career orientated..

W I N

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:59 am 
Dedicated Member

I think that dressing for your audience is very important. It's like chatting to a girl - you don't want to change your entire personality, but you do want to adapt slightly to suit the vibe/energy etc.

If you go to a pub that is full of young professionals, then turning up in a suit will look like you've come after work for a few drinks and you will look fine. If you go to a little country pub where there's you, two mates and a few 70 year old blokes playing dominos in a corner, then a suit would probably look a bit ridiculous.

If you want to wear a suit, I'd try and make it look 'dressed down' - I'm a student but have to wear a suit for various different things, so when I go to the pub straight after, I take the tie off as a bare minimum.

As for going to a slightly more lively pub/club type scene, I tend to find that a full suit probably isn't the best thing to wear. During the day, a suit makes you look powerful, wealthy and businessman like. So it's always a good idea to wear one in a location you can even possibly get away with it. However, in the evening, why would you need to wear a suit? Suits are formal and wearing a full suit to a club/pub/somewhere that is about enjoying yourself, it will probably come across as a bit too try hard and up your self.

That's not to say you should look scruffy, but don't wear the full suit. Jacket, causal (not work) shirt, slacks and shoes would look ok in pretty much any situation that isn't uber-casual or uber-formal, but ditch the tie, the formal shirt, the waist coat etc.