Help advice on clothing, hairstyle etc (young looking guy)



Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress




Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:10 am 
Offline
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:40 am
Posts: 54
Hi guys I'm struggling a bit with my image SPAM.

Image

This is me currently. I want to start off by saying I don't think I'm an ugly fellow however I look way too young for my age (I'm 24 believe it or not!) and I think my lack of masculinity is a bit off-putting for girls. It seems to work quite well for LTR and the kind of girls that are looking for that but I have gone most of my adult life going from one LTR to another and want to change that (even if just for a bit!)

Has anyone got any advice for clothing, hair style etc to emphasise more masculine features and look more my age? I'm currently growing the facial hair and aim to keep it as long as possible while groomed to keep it fairly clean but other than that I'm pretty stuck.

Thanks in advance! :)


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:08 pm 
Offline
English Muffin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:40 pm
Posts: 5689
Defo grow the facial stubble, will make you more manly

You groom well and you're not ugly

However, you dress too youthful and so generic that I can tell you pretty much that you shop too much at Topman/river island

Try to dress classier and mature:

A quick google example:
Image

I don't know you, so you need to ask yourself, what type of girl you would like to attract and how you can optimise your look for that type of girl which also keeps you congruent to your job/career

Also, a cooler hair cut would suit your new look, defo get a classic, example:
http://www.gq.com/fashion-shows/blogs/f ... g-2014.jpg

_________________
USER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR REPEATEDLY IGNORING MOD WARNINGS AND MULTIPLE RULE VIOLATIONS


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:41 pm 
Offline
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:40 am
Posts: 54
Thankyou so much! This is great advice I suppose I should have given some background to my lifestyle!

I'm a musician, (composing as well as technical side of stuff) if I'm out it will usually be around the sort of places where other musicians, producers, DJ's hang out however the style of clothing usually worn at these is very casual (hooded tops and tee shirts)

I suppose what I need is to find something that as well as giving a more 'classic' mature look is still casual enough for me to not stick out a great deal. (Maybe short sleeve shirts that sort of thing?)


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:04 pm 
Offline
New to MPUA Forum

Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:13 pm
Posts: 3
Hi, I am new here but alot of girls/guys think I am well dressed.


My dad told me once that when you are over the age of 14, you should NEVER wear hoodies anymore. They make guys look so much younger and almost like a kid.

Also, I try to avoid white/black shirts/tops, only when you have a decent tan, you look better in it (especially white). But when you have a normal tan, it can makes you look even more white and almost looking 'sick'.


Goodluck!


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:13 am 
Offline
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:40 am
Posts: 54
Nice one!

Yes I think that's right with the hoodies they are now relegated to wearing to the gym / other sports activities.

Slowly working out what works dress-wise but have found a few nice shirts already :)


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:45 am 
Offline
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:18 am
Posts: 72
Hi I'm a girl here. Asian, 23, currently living in Melbourne, Australia. I go for guys that are interesting but not attention seeking. My advice to you based on what I find attractive:

Stop pulling cutesy faces and using girly camera angles. Cutesy faces are fine, but only if you're being cutesy with a girl/guy you like. It's not very manly when it's a picture posted on a forum. Other than the face you're pulling, you look easily mid 20s.

Shave. I find guys to be much better looking when they don't have facial hair.

If you have poor eyesight, wear dark coloured thick plastic rectangular frames. They look damn hot. But don't wear them if you don't need them. People that wear glasses without prescriptions or without lenses look stupid.

Hair length - not super long, but I like looking at guys whose heads don't look like coconuts. Especially guys that have soft natural curls.

For clothing, hoodies are fine but if you're really fussy (and often some bars and pubs are as well) invest in a nice looking coat. Thick, black, smart casual styled, and well fitted. Most importantly, short lengthed if you have a nice ass. Oh, and I personally prefer buttons on the side, but I don't know how many other women share that same preference.

Hope it helps.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:04 am 
Offline
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:40 am
Posts: 54
Quote:
Hi I'm a girl here. Asian, 23, currently living in Melbourne, Australia. I go for guys that are interesting but not attention seeking. My advice to you based on what I find attractive:

Stop pulling cutesy faces and using girly camera angles. Cutesy faces are fine, but only if you're being cutesy with a girl/guy you like. It's not very manly when it's a picture posted on a forum. Other than the face you're pulling, you look easily mid 20s.

Shave. I find guys to be much better looking when they don't have facial hair.

If you have poor eyesight, wear dark coloured thick plastic rectangular frames. They look damn hot. But don't wear them if you don't need them. People that wear glasses without prescriptions or without lenses look stupid.

Hair length - not super long, but I like looking at guys whose heads don't look like coconuts. Especially guys that have soft natural curls.

For clothing, hoodies are fine but if you're really fussy (and often some bars and pubs are as well) invest in a nice looking coat. Thick, black, smart casual styled, and well fitted. Most importantly, short lengthed if you have a nice ass. Oh, and I personally prefer buttons on the side, but I don't know how many other women share that same preference.

Hope it helps.
Hahaha it was actually a pic for someone I like/d but I do totally see where you're coming from! will try to avoid it for social media etc etc

Hair length is something I'm working on I need to speak with my hairdresser and see if there's a way to style it without going as short as I'm used to (a change is always nice!)

Thanks for your input on clothing as well I'll be looking for a proper coat when it starts getting colder here so will be aiming for something a bit smarter (my last jacket I liked but it was still quite sporty so am aiming for something a little more 'classy' now)

Finally with the facial hair I'm gonna keep with it for now, it's the first time I've been able to grow it out (that pic was about 2 weeks ago and it's been growing since!) so will keep with it but am very on top of it grooming wise. I suppose eventually it will have to go but I'm getting a lot of good feedback SPAM so it won't be anytime soon! :)


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:57 pm 
Offline
English Muffin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:40 pm
Posts: 5689
A pea coat looks amazing and never goes out of style

_________________
USER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR REPEATEDLY IGNORING MOD WARNINGS AND MULTIPLE RULE VIOLATIONS


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:03 pm 
Offline
Dedicated Member

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:03 am
Posts: 582
From the neck-up I really have no comment. You look spot on for 24 to me. I wouldn't say you look young at all. But if you're going for older then the stubble helps. I like the haircut on you, but it's not something that makes you look mature if that's your goal. I'm no specialist but a hairstylist would know. But I like the look, especially for a musician.

Clothing, obviously the hoodie thing is out. You've gotten alot of great advice about the whole coat look and it's good advice but I live in louisiana, where most of the time if I was out and about in a coat I'd be dying. So I invest in nice slim fitting button up shirts, well fitting, not baggy jeans and slacks, nice shoes (a few pairs of driving moc's, I almost always wear leather shoes, tennis shoes are strictly gym and around the house attire, not for going out). If you are up for it, and I think it would look great on you, learn to rock a vest. A well fitting shirt with a vest and some taylor'd pants can be an amazing look and will give you the mature look you're going for. The best piece of advice though is to never go baggy. Baggy looks unkempt and like you're a kid.

Example: Image

Works best with darker wash jeans, looks good with the current hairstyle you've got going on.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:43 am 
Offline
New to MPUA Forum

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:48 pm
Posts: 10
Alright you look fine. Just a lil touch up here and there.. For example forget hoodies. Wear them for running or working out (Which I hope you do). Replace hoodies for anything you see in the first post with the pictures of the guys that look like mediterranean rich bastards. Invest in dress shirts, go to Zara for some slim fit good looking ones. T-shirts are good for when youre home doing jack shit. When you go out you wanna look your best, so replace t-shirts for polos. Get yourself a nice polo that fits you. CLOTHES MUST FIT, this is not 1996 so anything baggy is out of the question. You want brand names? Get RL Polo, Calvin Klein has some nice fit polos too, but if you have money $ then definitly forget those two and get HUGO BOSS polos instead. Cut back on jeans, get classy pants instead, go to Zara again. Sneakers are for sports, so dont walk around in Nikes or Jordans. Invest in a nice pair of Hugo Boss black or green label casual shoes or get Lacoste instead. Its cheaper but looks just as good. If you cant grow a full beard, shave. Your hair? grow it longer on top only, go to your barber and tell him you want an undercut. Get a skin fade on the side and slick the top backwards or style it with a hairdryer for a modern but chique look. Learn to use a hairdryer lol. Dont forget to manscape and invest in two types of cologne, one for everyday use and one for going out. You want brand names simply ask me ill provide a list of good stuff here. Gluck and thank me later.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:19 am 
Offline
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:40 am
Posts: 54
Quote:
Alright you look fine. Just a lil touch up here and there.. For example forget hoodies. Wear them for running or working out (Which I hope you do). Replace hoodies for anything you see in the first post with the pictures of the guys that look like mediterranean rich bastards. Invest in dress shirts, go to Zara for some slim fit good looking ones. T-shirts are good for when youre home doing jack shit. When you go out you wanna look your best, so replace t-shirts for polos. Get yourself a nice polo that fits you. CLOTHES MUST FIT, this is not 1996 so anything baggy is out of the question. You want brand names? Get RL Polo, Calvin Klein has some nice fit polos too, but if you have money $ then definitly forget those two and get HUGO BOSS polos instead. Cut back on jeans, get classy pants instead, go to Zara again. Sneakers are for sports, so dont walk around in Nikes or Jordans. Invest in a nice pair of Hugo Boss black or green label casual shoes or get Lacoste instead. Its cheaper but looks just as good. If you cant grow a full beard, shave. Your hair? grow it longer on top only, go to your barber and tell him you want an undercut. Get a skin fade on the side and slick the top backwards or style it with a hairdryer for a modern but chique look. Learn to use a hairdryer lol. Dont forget to manscape and invest in two types of cologne, one for everyday use and one for going out. You want brand names simply ask me ill provide a list of good stuff here. Gluck and thank me later.
Thanks for the most recent replies. I'm off to the hairdressers on Tues with the aim to be take off the sides while leaving length on top and removing weight (not quite an undercut but will be a change in the right direction hopefully!) and will check those brands mentioned as well thank you!


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:27 am 
Offline
English Muffin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:40 pm
Posts: 5689
You don't need the brands though. You can get quality stuff without a stupid logo. Up to you though. I'm still the best dressed guy in most places

Make sure you post a pic of your new look

Also a pic if your burning your Primark hoody

_________________
USER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR REPEATEDLY IGNORING MOD WARNINGS AND MULTIPLE RULE VIOLATIONS


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:15 pm 
Offline
MPUA Forum Zealot

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:14 pm
Posts: 310
I know this is not very helpful, but I have to get it off my chest... What the hell man, you look exactly like Jesse Pinkman! That's awesome!

_________________
404 game not found


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:52 pm 
Offline
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:40 am
Posts: 54
Quote:
I know this is not very helpful, but I have to get it off my chest... What the hell man, you look exactly like Jesse Pinkman! That's awesome!
Hahaha thanks man! it's actually the 2nd time I've heard that in the last few weeks funnily enough hehe. I'm hoping not jesse in full junkie mode!


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:37 pm 
Offline
English Muffin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:40 pm
Posts: 5689
post up your new look Sonic- you should of changed your style by now ;)

_________________
USER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR REPEATEDLY IGNORING MOD WARNINGS AND MULTIPLE RULE VIOLATIONS


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Can we be honest?

We want your email address. Let me send you the best seduction techniques ever devised... because they are really good.
close-link