Gamblers - The Natural Art of Seduction

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:54 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Just bought this book. It looks good from what I have seen and heard. I think the book was also featured in UK version of Dragon's Den, when Gambler appeared on there.

Has anyone read it? :?
Got any opinions on it? :?:

Thanks 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:41 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

AOL: ask
I'm part of the way through it. It's a very easy read and seems pretty honest, from what I can tell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:23 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

It's good, some good basics and a great place to start. Worthly read if you've only read The Game (which is bit out dated now)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:22 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

It is the WORST book ever, EVER!!!
A complete copy of theories from the Game, and riddled with loose tales of how amazing a pick up artist he is, to sell courses.
There is no information in there that you cant find in the game, or mystery method, its complete dirge.
When i first read the Game i wanted to read everything, which is where his market is, newly informed AFC's
Stay as far away as possible

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:32 pm 
Master PUA

Hey guys, thanks for the comments. Cowboy, this is something I hear a lot so I should address it publicly: I understand why you might think that the book is a marketing tool for selling events. The truth is that the book contains everything I knew and taught at the time I wrote it (March 2007). I didn't think about marketing, and it contains very few mentions of bootcamps etc. Check out Tim Feriss, 4 hour workweek for an example of a book that constantly pushes people back to the website, etc. I didn't even think about people reading it (as stupid as that sounds), and now my mum, girlfriends, and all kinds of people have read it and honestly if I actually considered it at the time, I would have censored it a little - especially the sex stories.

My PUA exploits don't make me sound like a super PUA at all, I write about my failures just as much as my successes. And looking back, i've evolved a lot as a trainer, pua, and as a guy generally.

My take on the content is that it is heavily influenced by other PUAs and is a synthesis of all the existing knowledge with my own spin on it and my own theories in certain areas eg conversation and connection.

Since the book was written, I've developed stuff like Stealth which is nothing like anything you'd see in The Game or David Deangelo. People say that as a manual with usable techniques, the book is better than The Game, but not as well written.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:44 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Quote:
Hey guys, thanks for the comments. Cowboy, this is something I hear a lot so I should address it publicly: I understand why you might think that the book is a marketing tool for selling events. The truth is that the book contains everything I knew and taught at the time I wrote it (March 2007). I didn't think about marketing, and it contains very few mentions of bootcamps etc. Check out Tim Feriss, 4 hour workweek for an example of a book that constantly pushes people back to the website, etc. I didn't even think about people reading it (as stupid as that sounds), and now my mum, girlfriends, and all kinds of people have read it and honestly if I actually considered it at the time, I would have censored it a little - especially the sex stories.

My PUA exploits don't make me sound like a super PUA at all, I write about my failures just as much as my successes. And looking back, i've evolved a lot as a trainer, pua, and as a guy generally.

My take on the content is that it is heavily influenced by other PUAs and is a synthesis of all the existing knowledge with my own spin on it and my own theories in certain areas eg conversation and connection.

Since the book was written, I've developed stuff like Stealth which is nothing like anything you'd see in The Game or David Deangelo. People say that as a manual with usable techniques, the book is better than The Game, but not as well written.

Look Tony, there is some great pick up material out there, but avoid the cliche's.
Ask yourself. What kind of a supposed Pick Up Artist has his own photo covering both the front and back of his book? The body language between Richard and Paris shows that she holds all of the status in that pic, something a pua would not publish, unless they simply wanted to be seen with Paris Hilton.

How much does someone care about his art that he tries to sell it as a formulated brand on national television.

Kezia - Spends more time half dressed on facebook than doing normal PUA things like blogging, speaking at conferences, or actually being in field ( If thats possible ) and still claims to have a singing career.

Adam Lyons - Spends more time bumping up his media image than practising, and doesnt even open sets any more. And his so called "Best pick up artist in the world " status is just a title given him to by Thundercat, who is one of his friends. I have read all of his work and still can not find one example of him seducing a woman without using social proof. A good networker yes, a seducer, no.

Mcdonalds are the most popular hamburger in the world but they taste like utter shit. Talk to some real PUA's , who do this as a life choice and self improvement exercise and don't wish to profit or boost their reputation from it, and you will save yourself a lot of time.

As for someone comparing Stealth attraction to the Game. They are both books, they both have letters in, thats about as far as it goes.
You arent going to find the NEXT BIG THING IN PUA, or THE STUFF THE GURUS DONT WANT YOU TO KNOW.
Its bullshit. So stop reading everything and go out and practise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:03 am 
Master PUA

Hi Cowboy,

Just to clear up a couple things:
The book publisher chooses the cover and jacket design, and even the title. If you publish a book or know about the publishing world, you'll see that authors don't have very much control at all once the text is handed over.

I want to reach as many guys as possible so would never turn down a TV job. If it's free advice helping guys or introducing them to this area, then it's good work. Plus it's a great personal challenge to do live TV - something that I would have been petrified of a few years ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:03 am 

Damn I fucking love how this forum isn't censored for marketing purposes like every other PUA forum out there lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:57 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Hello Richard. :-)

I would be very very happy if you asked me a question, when you have time.

Your book, "Natural Game", and Adam Lyon's "The principles of Attraction" made me understand that in both fast seduction (you approach a girl in a night club then seduce her in a few hours) and slow seduction (you know a girl and want to conquer her in more than one day) it is usually important to follw these steps in order:

1. Creating comfort (in your book this stage is done by Mr. Fun sociable guy and Mr. Comfort);

2. Breaking rapport and qualification (in your book this stage is done by Mr. Comfort);

3. Escalation (in your book this stage is done by Mr. Seducer).

The above stages are valid in both slow and fast seduction: the only difference is that in fast seduction you should be a very good Don Giovanni and concentrate the entire steps in a few hours or minutes. Do you agree with these considerations?

I have also understood (by reading your book and Adam's "The principles of attraction") that there are cases in which we can begin the interaction with a different phase (Braking rapport + qualification or Escalation).

My question is:

If I am on a bus and I have continue eye contact with a girl (it seems she likes me, she has a smile on her face...), what kind of step should I begin with?

Should I begin with Mr. Seducer? What about beginning with Mr. Comfort? Is it a mistake or does it depend on the girl's character?

And if I start with Mr. Seducer, should I first establish rapport (by making assumptions, being original, connecting with her interests...), or should I escalate physically avoiding rapport?
Thank you very much and sorry for my Italian-English.

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:24 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I would like to say another thing:

Richard, I really appreciate your book and I trust you, because under your success with women there is a lot of study and practice: you have been studying PNL, Yoga and so on for years.

I trust people who gain success after studying a lot of theory: nothing is possible without theory.
And theory is nothing without practice.

I don't know if it is possible in Italy having a one night lay (when our girls are in their country, they aren't sexually confident and have a lot of male friends surrounding them).

However I feel improvements in my life thanks to your "Natural Game" and I hope you' ll write another book (probably about slow seduction and relationship): I am Italian, so I can understand written English better than DVDs.

By.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:38 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

You know, if i wasnt so trusting of this community i would say that a mysterious NEW forum poster coming on here with detailed knowledge of both Richard, and Adams books, with tales of Gambler changing his life, was complete crock!!

It was bad enough writing your own fake book reviews on Amazon, this is just horrible.

Look guys. All of this stuff, Richards stuff with NO infield proof of picking up anyone. Adam giving bootcamps when he doesnt open sets. ( His stuff is 80% wrong by the way ) Mysterys 7 hour rule, they are all theories by ONE person and are not right.

If you go out and do MM for a year i will guarantee you will hit your head against a wall. Every time u make a mistake u think its because u didnt follow phase 2 or whatever other bullshit it tells you. ITs not that, its YOU. U could have probably fucked the girl after 10 minutes, but u missed that by following ur script.

Stop reading stuff and go out and hit on women. Flirt with them, get confidence yourself. Reading this garbage does not help. PUA's do not pick up all of the time and i know that a majority of them are very very poor at game.

Richard, maybe a DVD of you actually opening sets would prove more than theories that may sound like they would work , to someone who hasnt had any experience with this. But if you went out and tried this stuff, i guarantee it doesnt work.

Here is a good opener for you
"Hey "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:43 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Its funny how you say that stuff about Adam. As for PUA Training in general. I have spent some time with Andy/Yad and can most definately say they are very gifted. You claim that everything posted is bullshit but have no proof yourself to back up that claim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:10 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Quote:
Its funny how you say that stuff about Adam. As for PUA Training in general. I have spent some time with Andy/Yad and can most definately say they are very gifted. You claim that everything posted is bullshit but have no proof yourself to back up that claim.
Having read all of Adam and Richards stuff i can not put my finger on anything they are teaching that has not already been taught, or would actually work in field.
Adams idea of having 3 rooms with different lights on, and a playlist that slows down as the room dims.
To a person who knew NOTHING about game, that would sound like a great idea.
To anyone else, if a girl is back at ur place, the last thing you would be doing it that, they are there to fuck.
Until Adam or Richard actually post anything of them infield, i will continue to think that they are both bogus.
Yes, adam had 30 second kiss close......with a drunk girl at 2am
And anyone who knows this stuff will know that one of the last things you should do, if you want to fuck the girl that night, is start kissing her in the club.
It just shows that you have little experience and arent discreet.

They may be able to train people to do what they dont have the balls to do, but PUA's they are not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:01 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

cowboy i'm not really sure why you are slagging off these PUA's.. i'm learning it myself, and listening to Richard's stuff has made me more confidant in talking to random people, and i know it's working aswell... so it makes little difference if we see richard out in the feild, when i can just go test it myself...

plus i love his book... ive never read "the game" so i dont care about it, but the book is a pretty cool read

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:52 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

It's a pretty good book, and very cheap. He gives good advice on building deep rapport. It's definately helped me to improve my conversation skills.