Mystery in a real club scenario

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » The Pick Up Artist on VH1 with Mystery

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:04 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I know he's a PUA and all but would a normal "club chick" really want to go out with a guy wearing an eyeliner and goggles to a club? or even a fuzzy hat ? I just dont think girls in the club scene would find that style attractive. He might have the moves but appearance are still the no. 1 thing for most girls in the club scene.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:07 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

I had a friend who was very similar to mystery in appearance and he used to destroy, he wasn't even that great a looking guy he just had character and seemed interesting. Even as a guy I would be looking over his clothes like oh cool check that out etc.

It would work well but maybe not on all girls, although if a girl went over to ask him why he was dressed weirdly, he would probably manage to swing it in his favor quite easily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:36 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

His style is developed to attract attention and to make himself stand out from the crowd of AFCs in a club ?
Girls see his distinctiveness as a DHV and positive frame that he can wear a furry hat and black nails. 8)
Openers/tools like a feather boa or a hat which a girl can ask to have/try on, how many people look when a flash from a camera goes off in a club and then try to get in the picture cos its fun.
What do YOU wear/have to make yourself different from the other guys hitting on the girls ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:29 pm 
Moderator Emeritus

Peacocking is a response amplifier. Dressed like that, one second supporting the wall with a drink against his chest and he blows out the entire venue. But Mys doesn't do that. He shows preselection, gets an amplified response and... well, no need to blow more sunshine up that particular figurative ass.

here-vp88758.html#88758
here-vp102701.html#102701

On we plough.

Love,

Ace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:39 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Yea i totally agree with radicalhabit. I reallly dont see how mystery's style could help him. Sure he stands out, but that means that every AMOG is goin to give him shit the entire nite. I would imagine he would be asked if he were gay at least a dozen times. And i dont really see how the googles and eyeliner are a DHV or how it would make him more desirable then others. Remember high school, the goth kids were gettin mad laid were they? Who knows. His game is tight as shit, but his style is a litte loopy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:49 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
His style is developed to attract attention and to make himself stand out from the crowd of AFCs in a club ?
Girls see his distinctiveness as a DHV and positive frame that he can wear a furry hat and black nails. 8)
Openers/tools like a feather boa or a hat which a girl can ask to have/try on, how many people look when a flash from a camera goes off in a club and then try to get in the picture cos its fun.
What do YOU wear/have to make yourself different from the other guys hitting on the girls ?
That pritty much summed it up perfectly!!!

HE STANDS OUT!! people see him with 3 HBS sorrounding him and think "wow he must be intresting! looks how he dresses he has pritty girls around him i wana now that guy!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:02 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Being the fashion enthusiast that I am Mystery regularly makes me cringe. Any guy with a furry hat, goggles, guy liner, black nails, and a throwback shirt from the 1700's WITHOUT Mystery's mPUA skills would bomb horribly. He is so successful because he stands out so much but as soon as he starts talking to a women his game makes them forget what hes wearing, and if not makes it exciting because this is not her normal type of guy. Anyone with less swagger would look like a fool. Mystery takes peacocking to the extreme so newbies be warned, this is not something that can be pulled off by everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:54 am 
Dedicated Member

On a video on youtube somewhere he mentions one of his comebacks for amogs about his goggles that goes a little like this.
Guy: "Whats with the goggles douchebag?"
Mystery: *Pulls down goggles over eyes* "Incase of spit..." *Stares unreactively*

To be fair if I was the random guy I don't think there is anything I could say to that.
Btw I don't understand why you guys are making a big deal over the eyeliner, it isn't really that uncommon nowdays for guys to wear eyeliner (not that I'd ever do it myself mind you).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:10 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Let's talk shit about Michael Jordan next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:49 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I think comparing the greatest basketball player of all time to Mystery is a little strong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:55 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Did you see the Stylelife episode where David Faustino ("Bud" from married w/children) wore a dildo strapped to his head?

Peacocking works! haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:15 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Yall need to realize who your talking about. Mystery im willing to bet could put anyone in this forum to shame when it comes to pick up. Im not saying that dressing like Mystery is the only way to pick up chics but i will say Mystery knows what the hell he's doing. I personally dont peacock as much as mystery (not anywhere close) but this is the guy who made this art form what it is today, and if hes doin something im sure he has a really f***ing good reason for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:27 pm 

Quote:
On a video on youtube somewhere he mentions one of his comebacks for amogs about his goggles that goes a little like this.
Guy: "Whats with the goggles douchebag?"
Mystery: *Pulls down goggles over eyes* "Incase of spit..." *Stares unreactively*

To be fair if I was the random guy I don't think there is anything I could say to that.
Btw I don't understand why you guys are making a big deal over the eyeliner, it isn't really that uncommon nowdays for guys to wear eyeliner (not that I'd ever do it myself mind you).
I liked that video. Mystery has proven he can do pickup in jeans and a t-shirt as easy as with all his peacocking gear. He has an image of a magician and now a TV icon. He can get away with this pretty easily!

As it was previously said it's not a big deal for guys to wear eyeliner and other things like this.

If it works for him then great! Mystery himself doesn't even advocate wearing that much stuff. He says "Wear one interesting item."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:46 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

I peacock pretty dramatically and it definately works for me. It's the social proof, the swagger; I get opened SO fucking much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:24 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

It only works if he looks and acts comfortable wearing it and really helps if he works multiple sets like he knows them.

I have a friend who also wears a mix of unusual things but since he has a very bubbly personality you kind of look past it and find it endearing lol.