REVIEWS OF PUA Season 2

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » The Pick Up Artist on VH1 with Mystery

Post subject: REVIEWS OF PUA Season 2
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:13 am 
New to MPUA Forum

VH1 Leaked the new pickup artist season so having watched it, I'll post my thoughts.

Run-down on contestants:

I'll start with Kevin Feng first having met the guy personally in SF-

Kevin Feng: You make guys like us looked bad. Buddy, why are you even on this show?! You seemed amazingly confident the last time I met you, unless the Kevin from before is terrible.
Todd- This shows me why you gotta break rapport. He's got great befriending skills, all he has to do is break rapport, cause he looks good anyway.
Rian- Are you serious? Why is this guy even on this show. He needs life counselling before even getting into pickup. For me, he's odds-on favorite to get eliminated this episode.
Alex- BLING BLING. Nice bling but that doesnt change who you are. Terrible makeover afterwards into some preppy hybrid weirdo.
Simeon- First word pops into my mind "HAIRY"! This guy needs HAIR removal badly, as he does during his makeover. Not quite Osama for me because I have Arab friends and he looks like an Arab-wannabe.
Matt- Dude hairychest. NOT Cool.
Karl- Awwwwww. Poor guy heartbroken. Been there buddy, although I've never had a girl cheat on me back in my AFC days. Hell I wouldnt even stick with her, wouldve slept with 20 girls to get back on her.....wait, nah I dont want herpes.
Greg- CUT YO Hair. Thank God for the makeover. Are you sure you are not a virgin?
Brian Ly- Looks like some guys I know in cities like Tokyo. Dude I dig a fro on an Asian. But the similarities with those guys end there. All the guys I know were crazy players, while this guy is a virgin...yikes. Please only wear a fro if you're a player.

EPISODE 1

WOOOHOOO NO MORE "Hey guys quick question" openers by Mystery&co! Thank God. All contestants were sent in as cliche as it is to embarass themselves into laughing stocks and create laughter for us on national TV. To be honest, some of the things these guys say will actually work, I use situational shit all the time. The problem isnt with what they say, but how they conveyed it. If they looked like they were having fun and not acting like a creep, as well as figurinng out how to hook the set. This is why Mystery and Matador did so well, they were having fun, being cool guys and knew how to hook. I do miss J-Dog though, why did VH1 take him off instead of Matador!
However, I am a bit skeptical already after knowing the accusations of last season. I'm sure a lot of things are probably staged. How the girls dont know who Mystery is a bit surprising. He's already somewhat a celebrity now.

I'll update this review more when the premiere comes along because I'm unsure if this online version is a trim-down one or one that is only missing the ending.

This episode actually motivates me more to go out and approach more before girls get sick by a whole new batch of PUA2wannabes.

(Watch this space as new episodes are aired!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:46 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

AOL: average220
reviews-of-pua-season-2-vt29708.html?highlight=

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:14 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Very interesting. The show has matured a great deal since last year.

Mystery seems in control as always. I thought it was a slick move for Mystery and Matador to enter the club after the contestants to show being controlled versus being in control. Matador looked like a lion pacing around sheep when he entered the club--just phenomenal. He's not here to fuck around this season.

I predicted the first round cut--the fat kid seemed depressed and like he didn't care. Rian they kept on because people empathize with him but he'll be cut soon.

The contestants seem a lot more sincere than last year's crop. My money is on the hyper guy versus the guy with the former gaptooth versus the asian with the fro. I think the asian kid's energy is just fucking phenomenal. Gaptooth is an attractive guy, and I think with his teeth fixed he'll start projecting that phenomenal nimbus of inner state. Hyper guy just needs to calm down and learn the rhythm of interaction. Also made me think that my facial scruff isn't as effective as I've assumed. Definitely gonna get more serious about working out based on Matador's rejuvenation--he's just fucking glowing with energy in the club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:50 am 
New to MPUA Forum

[quote="value81"]I thought it was a slick move for Mystery and Matador to enter the club after the contestants to show being controlled versus being in control. quote]

Absolutly. These two guys dominated the environment when they were in the club. Not only was is slick bro, it was good tv. We never saw them in the field on season 1. Great gambit for the first tv show.

I think we should start taking bets on whos going home next. I deff think its going to be rian. My money for whos going to win it is the dude who got his right upper pierced with a bar. I think he's the smoothest of them all, with natural ability.

pc

-Lib

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:11 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

i personally think the hyperactive guy will do well..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:10 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
i personally think the hyperactive guy will do well..

i bet he wins it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:06 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I just watched the second episode of series 2 and I have to say – it was shocking! It was cringe worthy.

Mystery has the chumps using old school openers from series 1 ie. ‘would you date a guy called Herman’ and given that half of the world has watched that show, the result was MASSIVE BLOWOUTS!!!

Ie. ‘get the f&ck away from me!’

It was really embarrassing. What the hell is Mystery doing? Surely he has some up with some new material by now???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:23 pm 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
Surely he has some up with some new material by now???
I bet he has, and I think it is good of him to keep them out of the public view for his future students etc. After the last series all those openers were deemed pretty much dead right, so what happens if he does new ones this season? Those openers are dead, and the season after (if there will be one) and so on so forth. Remember the game Mystery uses and teaches is for the most part as we know, canned material. If it was ALL splashed across TV's around the world then he is pretty much screwed, so he is just teaching the basic openers that have been used a million times before to protect the rest of his teachings from having to go out the window.

Maybe what I've said above is complete nonsense but if I'm right then I think that would kinda make sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:55 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Yeah I see where you are coming from.

He is almost making his old material so obsolete that it will force people to sign up for the new stuff.

If nothing else, the guy is a marketing genius.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:17 pm 

First of all, I have to agree that the openers are over used and I'm not much on the book style canned material anymore. On occassion I still use Dental Floss, Jealous Girlfriend, and Who Lies More without any problem and those are used more than anything!

With that being said though it's not so much about the words you speak but how you speak them. It's been proven time and time in field that what you say doesn't matter as much as the HOW you open them ie. Energy Level, Body Language, etc. Hell, some of us have walked up to sets and said dumb stuff like, "Frozen Turkey" and walked away with results, others have walked up and said nothing.

Thinking back to Episode 2, Brian (Skinny dude with the fro) did a good job with a good energy using canned material and had fun in the sets. It was obvious that he was having fun, and enjoying himself. The girls fed off of that vibe.

Simeon, (dude who looks like AJ from Backstreet boys) the guy who got blown out hardcore had bad body language. One girl he kind of approached from behind, he was leaning in, and other things. Remember in the trailer Mystery's first reaction was "OHHH, that girl was a bitch." or something similar. Then in the elimination round he said he was creeping the girls out. I had to go back and watch but he was making lots of body language mistakes and stuff.

That's just my opinion on it. I don't think that the openers is what screwed him up. The opener plays a very little part of the interaction compared to the other aspects at play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:09 am 
New to MPUA Forum

If you're talking about episode 2, Simeon was getting blown out spectacularly because he was WAY too high-energy. Think about it, if some guy comes up to your set and runs bad game but hangs around, it's okay as long as he's quiet - he'll eventually get the hint and leave. However, in Simeon's case, he was annoying the shit out of everyone, but he wasn't leaving when he blew the set, he hung around and kept annoying everyone. I think that guy who told him, "Fuck off", may have actually been justified.

As for Kevin, it wasn't the opener that killed him, it was the fact that he was swearing CONSTANTLY. Swearing occasionally is okay, in fact, it actually helps you break rapport here and there. But swearing all the time gives off negative vibes (as soon as he said his first swear word, one of the girls turned away) and conveys some bitterness.

Besides, if they recognized the openers, they would have blown the guys out right away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:19 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
Surely he has some up with some new material by now???
I bet he has, and I think it is good of him to keep them out of the public view for his future students etc. After the last series all those openers were deemed pretty much dead right, so what happens if he does new ones this season? Those openers are dead, and the season after (if there will be one) and so on so forth. Remember the game Mystery uses and teaches is for the most part as we know, canned material. If it was ALL splashed across TV's around the world then he is pretty much screwed, so he is just teaching the basic openers that have been used a million times before to protect the rest of his teachings from having to go out the window.

Maybe what I've said above is complete nonsense but if I'm right then I think that would kinda make sense.
Completely dissagree. It's not hard to make up openers. Hell, I pretty much use any all interesting male/females stories from my life/friends/parents/relatives, etc, and they almost always work, and I've only been doing this for a little over 2 years now. I'm not Mystery w/ DECADES of experiences or stories here.

I just remember watching that espisode and counting down the minutes until it was over. I mean, absolutely NO ONE learned anything, and you saw the results. Sheet man, they might have used "so what's your sign" and did just as good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:29 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
If you're talking about episode 2, Simeon was getting blown out spectacularly because he was WAY too high-energy. Think about it, if some guy comes up to your set and runs bad game but hangs around, it's okay as long as he's quiet - he'll eventually get the hint and leave. However, in Simeon's case, he was annoying the shit out of everyone, but he wasn't leaving when he blew the set, he hung around and kept annoying everyone. I think that guy who told him, "Fuck off", may have actually been justified.

As for Kevin, it wasn't the opener that killed him, it was the fact that he was swearing CONSTANTLY. Swearing occasionally is okay, in fact, it actually helps you break rapport here and there. But swearing all the time gives off negative vibes (as soon as he said his first swear word, one of the girls turned away) and conveys some bitterness.

Besides, if they recognized the openers, they would have blown the guys out right away.
FWIW, Simon's problem is all body language--it screams "I'm desperate and I'm here to hit on you." I know, I use to be the saw way. All he needs to do is get comfortable w/ the material to the point where is auto-pilot, and just pay attention to his body language. Once we realizes what he's doing, everything will click, and it's domination time.

As for Kevin, that's honestly something us Midwesterners only learn when we leave the region. I remember the first time was down south, and I had a flawless 3 set completely walk out of the bar on me after I opened, and I had no clue why since none of them even gave off a whiff of being a stuck up bitch. Luckily, the bartender was listening and I asked him what when wrong there, and he pointed out my language.

Swearing is just absolutely no big deal w/ us, and we never even think about it. That's why I thought kicking him off was absolutely rediculous. It's something we can easily fix whenever, but never even think it actually offends people. Hell, you should listen to our women :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:41 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:

We never saw them in the field on season 1.

-Lib
I think we did towards the end, well Matador, but he was only winging, and not being that much help if I remember XD.

Oh, for those of us outside YANKILAND-LAND OF THE YANKS (XD)
http://www.blacklabelseduction.com/the- ... e-1-video/
http://www.blacklabelseduction.com/the- ... e-2-video/
http://www.blacklabelseduction.com/the- ... e-3-video/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:42 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Am I the only one that finds the show a bit boring. I'm somewhat disappointed. It's not terrible or anything, but I just had pretty high expectations for some reason.