PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:11 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I would love to see Mystery teach pick up to high school boys. I think they should do a spin off like this because this is the age where a lot of problems with girls start and often they don't go away after high school. So many guys at that age need this kind of training and help and many of them don't even know it exists. They could have them to malls and underage night clubs and other spots where teenage girls hang out. For the hired gun challenge they could have them pick up a cheerleader and the final challenge could be for them to get a homecoming date. I'm surprised thier hasn't been a bigger movement to market this stuff to the high school crowd. What do you guys think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:26 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
I would love to see Mystery teach pick up to high school boys
That would be bad for his image.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:49 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

how so? the people who already dislike our community aren't going to like or hate us anymore. My point is that most guys around the age need it the most because that's when the problems start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:34 am 
Dedicated Member

Most people who get into this community are people who have already experienced the harsh realities to getting good with girls. Personally I think the reason why people don't get into this between the ages you suggested is because guys that age havent had the neccersary learning experiences to guide into finding this community. Of course I'd rather no1 have those experiences and all the "good guys" in the world had the girl of their dreams by their side the whole time, but this is not the world we live in, this is not reality. generally in this field the earliest you know you have a problem is around 18-21 ish, on average you know (lucky for me im 19 so I'm finding out early). So in my opinion teaching guys who are 14 wouldn't mean much because although they will most likely need help in future, really they need to experience the problems first and then be guided through the things we ourselves are learning, otherwise they may not appreciate it as much, and also whos to say for instance you son isn't just a genuine natural, it's better to let him find this out on his own rather than saying from the start "you have lower value than a hot girl, so do this, this and this" when they are going for a girl but they see her originally as nothing more than a human being they are attracted to.

Basically the moral I'm trying to get down to is that, in the short time I've been in this communitry, I've noticed it tends to over-complicate things allot. And starting that from an early age can make it even more complicated because they most likely don't even know what the problem is yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:51 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
I would love to see Mystery teach pick up to high school boys
That would be bad for his image.
I totally agree with that statement. I mean, as much as high schoolers are getting into this game right now, I'm just not sure it would go over so well. Not only would high school parents think that its controversial, but teachers and principals would look down on it as well. I mean, I went through some shitty times back in high school when it came to women, but having a Pick Up Artist season where they teach this stuff to high schoolers just isn't the answer. They pretty much need to go through trial and error before they can practice this stuff. I mean, Mystery has had a lot of controversy in the past and I don't think he needs a show for high schoolers added to that list. So its a good idea, but probably one that wouldn't work so well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:03 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Who cares if it's controversial, that will just get more people to watch it. It is true that most people in the community need to see the harsh realities first hand but chances are if in grammar school you were the shy loner kid or the one who got picked on a lot, those are usually the ones who struggle in high school with girls. They enter high school with low self esteem and no confidence which ultimately screws them over. Mystery should at least open up a summer boot camp for the high school crowd though. A lot more guys around that age are getting into the game but they are the ones who need it most because usually the problems don't go away. The adults who would complain about this maybe need an introduction to Todd the 26 year old guy who never had a girlfriend or Brian who's 21 and hasn't kissed a girl. That's what you get when high school boys don't get this training.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:09 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Picking up high school girls and girls 19 and over is a whole different game.
I dont think mystery is a professional at picking up high school girls.
They think and act differently. (I'm seventeen so i know both sides)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:48 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

there's a lot of different viewpoints on this topic...
i agree with all of them...uh somewhat

i think they should teach high school guys about this. i'm in high school and it really does help.
on the other hand, you do have to experience girls a little before you can appreciate PU.
but if more high school guys learned this, then there would be more competition and the girls will call you out on using PU.

also, high school girls are slightly different from grown women, i have noticed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:02 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I'm sure that Mystery would be down with teaching this, but I doubt VH1 would pick it up. Despite the appealing-to-lowest-common-denominator antics that VH1 is now famous for, promoting underage sex is probably not something they'd be keen on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:34 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm sure that Mystery would be down with teaching this, but I doubt VH1 would pick it up. Despite the appealing-to-lowest-common-denominator antics that VH1 is now famous for, promoting underage sex is probably not something they'd be keen on.
Maybe Mystery could do a bootcamp for high school boys or something. I could definitely see that happening instead of a VH1 show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:11 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Yo sorin I'm in high school right now and I'm actually planning when I get back from break to be pulling MM pickup on a lot of girls (5-set science class!)

What have you noticed that is different about high-school girls then grown women? Only thing I have thought about is you need to DHV more and neg a little less.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:20 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
Quote:
Maybe Mystery could do a bootcamp for high school boys or something. I could definitely see that happening instead of a VH1 show.
I know that certain PUA companies teach special day game programs for dudes under 21. I'm not sure if any of them go below 18, though.

The hypocrisy of VH1's likely unwillingness to do this kind of show is irritating, but not necessarily surprising. MTV (or whoever) has already had dating shows with under-18 kids (I think they do this on Next every once in a while).

But yeah, teenagers need love too. They have to get ready for college. It's times like this that I wish I would have gotten into pickup back in college... although if I had, it would have been at the time that NLP was the in-thing and widespread analysis of natural game was still in its infancy. And I do likes me my natural game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:54 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

AOL: latergator83
Stormy when did you go to college? Also, I have the odd feeling that you know what the acronym ATHF stands for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:59 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
Stormy when did you go to college? Also, I have the odd feeling that you know what the acronym ATHF stands for.
I went to college from 2000 to 2004. And yes, I know what ATHF stands for. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:19 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Aqua Teen Hunger Force? Stormy is your avatar pic from ATHF?