Post subject: Interesting Situation
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:15 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hello,

I know that what I'm about to describe might not be the best or brightest idea but just go along with it for the sake of the advice I need.

There is a girl at work that sits next to me that I've been hinting I like. I've known her for a few years now but we've never hung out outside of work until recently when we went out for some coffee. There was a bit of kino escalation that she didn't seem to mind.

I have a g/f who my friend at work knows and is aware of although my friend is loyal to me. Things with my g/f haven't been the greatest lately.

This past Friday we had a company party which both my g/f and my friend attended. The plan was that my friend and I would go to a movie after the party (just her and I). My friend got drunk off her ass and befriended half the people at the party while mostly ignoring her direct coworkers including me. I was also doing my own thing. Our ride back was supposed to leave at a specific time time and my other coworkers tried telling my friend it was time to go but she didn't want to leave. I worried about her since she was drunk and didn't want anything happening to her. I texted her if she was staying, really? And didn't get a reply so I went to find her along with this other male coworker and we pretty much had to convince her/drag her out. Venuse didn't literally drag her out, but she was stubborn and finally decided on her own to leave. On the ride back, she kept talking to all her new friends and again mostly ignoring her direct coworkers. She was showing her new friends random ass pictures on her phone of her family and stuff. It was around this time that I got a text back saying "Shut up" to my earlier text of her staying. I ignored it and really ignored her too until we got back to our office. Earlier before the party the plan was for me to get her an Uber back home and then pick her up later on for the movie, she had also asked me to watch her drinking so she didn't over do it. During the way back she called her cousin to come and pick her up and that's when I knew there would be no movie that night. When we got off the ride I told her I would wait until her cousin picked her up. Again, she was talking to her new friends, her cousin came and they even picked up one of her new female friends to drop off as well. She didn't say bye to me.

The next morning, Saturday, I got a text from her saying sorry that the shut up wasn't written by her and was meant for somebody else, then I got another text from her thanking me for looking out for her. I ignored both text and that's where we are now. I'm going to see her tomorrow morning as she will be literally next to me and I don't know what I should do. Should I freeze her out? Should I act normal? I'm sure she will bring up Friday, what do I do, say? Should I wait for her to ask me out?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:28 am 
The Grand Puba

Why would you freeze her out? Was it because she was drunk and wasn't paying you the attention that you wanted? A simple "you can make it up to me later" response was all you needed to do.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:37 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Yeah, part of that, but also we were supposed to go out that night.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:57 am 
The Grand Puba

Here's a lesson that you need to learn. Freeze outs are passive aggressive tactics and are usually temporary solutions that work a few times before the girl catches on because you keep coming back. If you don't like things that a girl does, either walk or be bold enough to tell her that you don't deal with that type of behavior and if she does it again you don't deal with her anymore.

Thing is, alcohol and parties tend to fuck with plans. Lots of guys come across their "sure things" and end up losing them to being drunk. This was the same thing. You have to relax and let some things slide.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:10 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I understand. So as for tomorrow, just act normal? I can just make something up as to why I didn't reply.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:09 am 
Ask a mod for a custom title

Why would you bring your gf to a company party with the girl you're trying to cheat with?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:21 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I didn't bring her per se. Employees only.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:47 am 

Oh ok. Well you shouldve relaxed and not held onto her so hard. You had plans, when you realized she was too drunk, shouldve realized then the plans were over. Try to make sure she's ok, if she's resisting, walk away. Yeah you may say you stuck there to take care of her; but you were just keeping her close for your movie plans. No need to freeze her out and just act normal. Chick got drunk and tbh, movie after a party with drinking, where she has to uber home, then you pick her up to go to the movie...plans like that with all those variables are often destined for a no go.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:02 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I knew the movie plans were over as soon as I had to drag her out the party, I did stay with her to make sure she was ok

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:34 am 

Quote:
I did stay with her to make sure she was ok
Why? what'd she do to earn that of you?
I think that was a bit of a white knight move on your end.

Regardless, like Jack and neo said, some things you gotta let slide.

My in depth texting & dating guide.
There's no such thing as shit-tests.
How to keep a girl.