Post subject: When Girl DHVs
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:57 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

So I have been trying to find online about how to handle it when a girl DHVs, but all I found was one person suggesting negs. It seemed off to me a girl is trying to impress you and then you neg her. How have you guys handled girls DHVing? Usually I qualify. Keep in mind I come in direct, so I don't think it'd be congruent to neg.

Post subject: Re: When Girl DHVs
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:05 pm 
English Muffin

A girl DHVing is seeking approval because she likes you. Don't see it as a you vs her dynamic, do you think she would tell this stuff to a tramp begging for change?

However in certain contexts I guess, when girls are really proud to mention to you that they are a model, i guess you have to be unfazed and not intimidated. Don't make a deal about it is the best way in my opinion instead of negging her "for what? page 3 or something?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:52 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Thanks pebble.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:58 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

I agree with Pebble for the most part, that she is seeking approval. The way I handle it is by not reacting and I'll say something like "that's great" without much enthusiasm. I've heard that you, being the Alpha, is the one who approves or disapproves. So even if you give her "props" for an accomplishment or something she is seeking approval for, she still doesn't know if you like her or not.

What would be bad is if you're like "Oh, that's awesome!! I wish I did something like that."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:15 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
What would be bad is if you're like "Oh, that's awesome!! I wish I did something like that."
Exactly. The MOMENT you do that you've devalued yourself beyond repair in most cases. Trust me I've been there myself. Never again.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:40 pm 

Don't neg.

Just say "oh wow, that's something" and start talking about something else... without looking the least bit impressed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:37 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I'm a model!

Awww nice one i used to do hand modelling back in my hay day.

i tend to try make a joke out of everything and not let her phase me and break my frame of mind.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:29 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Only neg if she's on her high horse looking down on you or others around her(Even if she's not be condescending to you). DHVing is different to being a prick or a bitch. It's more a way to show value to those around you for validation and to try carve your place in a group as someone important.

The absolute best way to handle DHV is to act like whatever they're part of is the most normal thing in the world and when you should be impressed just feign interest. Being able to feign interest without being a dick is hard enough to do... You basically have to come across as bored with what they're talking about, say the absolute obvious of things in relation to something someone's trying to impress everyone with, smile and then move the conversation onto something totally different.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:46 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Thanks guys. This was helpful.