PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:47 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Friday night I went out with a buddy of mine who is my neighbor. He is really an AFC, but I figured I could use him as social proof for a night on the town. I wanted to pull to HBs back to our apartment complex, take them to the pool deck after hours, then back to one of our apartments to close. That was the plan, but unfortunately it didn't even get off the ground.

We went to Westport in downtown KC. I wore gray slacks, black shoes, and a black and gray shirt of a very loud pattern (peacocking). I also wore a neck chain for additional peacocking. We showed up, went to the first bar, and I approached a one set. He watched me, then came up to the set with me, just standing there and sucking life out of the conversation. We eventually parted ways with the girl, and that was the only set I did in that bar. Later I approached a 4 set at a different bar and opened with "Hey", which is not exactly PUA mastery. The funny thing is that none of them even looked at me. Then I stood there a second, one turned to me, and I started raddleing off some shit I don't even remember. We talked for a second, I didn't kino, and then I felt "the big cane pull me off the stage". We sat at the back of the bar at a table. This guy I was with wouldn't talk, he wasn't interesting, and really added to my anxiety more than anything. We eventually left, totally defeated. Apparently he didn't think it was a big deal; I thought it was a major loss.

The lesson I learned from this is to select a wingman that is actually fun to be around, or go out with a group of people that will keep you laughing and talking. The guy didn't approach a single set the entire night, so it probably helps to be around a guy that's better than me.

If you're interested in winging me, let me know. Criticism welcome, this is my first field report.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:17 am 
Dedicated Member

Ideally you want to be with wings around your level or higher but you can still have fun with somebody slightly below your level and they have a lot of enthusiasm and they approach. In fact, if a guy is new to game and may not be that great, but is able to approach and fun to hang out with, then I'll wing with him. Check out the wingman thread or pua facebook groups/lairs.