Peacocking the right way. (With pics)

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » PUA Lounge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:35 pm 

I'm tired of going out at night and seeing weird guys in fishnet shirts and platform shoes. Pics are worth a million words so instead of typing here an example of the wrong way to peacock:

Here is another example of the wrong way to do it:

And finally a third example:

If you want to have women take you seriously (and have them ride your meat stick) then DO NOT dress like those idiots above.

Here are some examples of good ways to "peacock" :

Take notice of the hair and how its different than the boring hair cut most guys have. It adds some edge to him and make shim stand out in a good way. The sun glasses are good and go with his face shape. The shirt's colors are great and go with his skin tone and is the right size. Most guys wear their shirts to damn big. Take notice of the stylish (but not overdone) bracelets on his right arm and the nice watch on his left. Women will take notice of his "look" and be impressed. What you wear, and how you wear it, tells a woman a lot about you.

Another good example:

I personally love the whole jeans, vest, and slim fit dress shirt look. I wear this look a lot and women really take notice and seem to love it. Its the perfect combo of formal and casual and is an easy way to look very stylish. I'm not a huge fan of the hat but it works on him.

And another one:

Two main things here I want you to pay attention too... His hair and his body. Yet again he has a hair cut with some "edge" to it. Its different than the normal, boring, and safe haircut most guys have. Second, notice how he has a good body? Even if you dont have a handsome face like his you can still get his body type. He wears a very simple shirt (tho yet again, it fits very well) that doesn't distract from his body. Here its his body thats doing the peacocking.

The rest of the pics I wont describe and I'll leave it up to you to look at the pics and decide what it is that makes the pic a good example of how to dress.

Submit some pics to go along with this thread if you wish.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:56 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

fashion is very localized and crowd specific. I like what you've posted, but at the end of the day, guys need to balance fashion with the kind of crowd they want to attract.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:16 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

All those guys look like fags

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:17 pm 
Dedicated Member

This post is useful, at least for the book-reading freaks who try to over do every single detail while they are picking up women and who tend to wear really funny outfits thinking that they are "peacocking".

I personally don't over do stuff. I just wear any colored pants/jeans, a casual shirt, normal but clean boots (sometimes converse, other times formal, depending on the occasion), a silver watch and a colored bracelet matching the outfit and I have some decent success most of the nights. Add raybans if it's during daytime.

Sometimes, even tucking in my shirt with the right belt can looking amazing.

Just dress what fits you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:50 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

I used to wear bow ties.

I recommend against it, generally (though it can get attention sometimes - girls remember you as bow tie guy).

Now I do a very subtle peacock. Bright colored shirts, complementary color sweaters, nice jeans, faux hawk. I'm dressed in business casual with the same coloration as the school colors of a girl I am going on a date with tonight. I'll see how well that works. My guess is well, since it's amusing, noticeable, and not over the top.

I love that vest/light blue shirt combo. Will definitely be adding that to my combinations list.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:07 pm 
Dedicated Member

I don't think the third example of bad peacocking is all that bad to be fair. A bit rocky/metal type crowd, but nothing too ridiculous there (unless I've missed something obvious in the photo)!

I would agree with most of the points you make, but be careful not to confuse peacocking with just dressing well. Dressing well is fine. But you can still subtly peacock. For instance, the penultimate picture (black henley over plaid) isn't peacocking. The three outfits with the black mannequins aren't really peacocking. The one above it (grey/beige jumper, jeans, plaid shirt underneath) isn't peacocking. Adam Levine one, not really peacocking. These outfits are all well put together and look good - like stylish, and many of them look attractive dressing. But it's not peacocking and to be honest, whilst they look good, they're not really "stand out".

Peacocking is about showing off slightly, and making yourself stand out. So in all of the other pictures, there is a hat, or a scarf, or a necklace, or a key chain or something - quite subtle, it goes in with the rest of the outfit but it's not the same as every other guy is wearing. There is an item which girls would notice and see this guy is a bit different.

You don't always need to peacock. Just dressing stylish will often get you above most guys. And you should always tone your peacocking to the situation you're in - at a black tie event, you might just stick to a fancy watch or maybe, at a push, a colourful pocket square. Whereas in the street on a Saturday afternoon in town, you might be a little bit more adventurous.

So whilst I would agree with the general notion of not dressing stupidly like in the first couple of photos, I would say you firstly want to dress well. Then when you're comfortable dressing in this new fashionable way, you should start to bring in a peacocking item - a hat, a scarf, a colourful watch, a bright tie, whatever. Something fairly subtle, but which still makes you stand out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:31 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Everything I see in the good examples is just traditional mens clothing

Jeans, slacks, polos, buttondowns, sportcoats.....everything in natural wools, leather, and cottons....everything tailored and well put together.

All those images could have been from any of the past 80 decades from any 1st world country.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:41 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

YES!!

And don't forget to hit the gym, b/c when you have a nice body that's peacocking in itself!

Once you achieve a nice body, you won't want to rock a vest with a dress shirt... and wear any more clothing than necessary. You are going to want to show off that aesthetic body of yours that you acquired through aesthetic training!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00NvCbhNjZg[/youtube]

Fuark!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:46 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Quote:
fashion is very localized and crowd specific. I like what you've posted, but at the end of the day, guys need to balance fashion with the kind of crowd they want to attract.
TheFury knows what's up... sort of.
It seems like part of his game is investing into subculture. Like, if you want to fuck black metal type chicks then of course you'll don a pair or raggedy black jeans and band t-shirt with some macabre imagery and font on it.

With that being said, we can all learn something from this post:

-Wear Clothes that fit. If you're an ectomorph or a fit mesomorph you can wear shirts and pants that are a little tighter. If you're an endomorph maybe go with some regular cut clothes.

-Wear Colors that match your skin tone. Here's a make-up guide that talks about types of skin tone. http://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-advi ... categories
If your skin looks bluish or pinkish, try for cool colors. If you have yellow or red undertones, stick with warm colors. Of course, there's also a psychology to colors. Black is more solemn, red is more sexual, blue is more relaxed, purple relates to royalty and flamboyancy, etc.

-Pay some attention to fashion Trends. Me and my girlfriend passed by an Urban Outfitters on the street the other day and we were confused by how tacky that stuff can be: http://images.urbanoutfitters.com/is/im ... _a?$beauty$
DISCLAIMER: Only wear that sort of uniform if you want to bang chicks who are balls deep in said subculture. Other chicks will think you're a dweeb.

Anyways, what I'm saying is that one should Just look at some fashion blogs once in a while to get some inspiration:

If you wanna look like a NYC hipster:
tommyton.tumblr.com

Or a dweeb with panache:
nerdboyfriend.tumblr.com

Or a preppy WASP
http://www.unabashedlyprep.com/

But always remember that you gotta stay true to yourself. If you feel uncomfortable wearing tight, cherry red jeans then just don't wear them.

The ultimate lesson of psychoanalysis is that human life is never "just life": we are possessed by the strange drive to enjoy life in excess, attached to a surplus which derails the ordinary run of things.
-Slavoj Zizek

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:18 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Yo Warped... I'm thinking about adding this to my haircut

See that line on the side of Drake's forehead?

I'm peacocking with my haircut now!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:04 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

I agree with Fury, peacocking is very crowd specific. Warpedmindless's peacocking advice has got a lot of good general advice like

1. Don't dress like a fool
2. Wear hip, good fitting clothes and accentuate with subtle peacocks.
3. Take fashion tips from GOOD fashion media that's related to the subculture you're targeting

However if Warped was saying "dress like these pictures this as a rule" (which actually, I'm not sure he is saying that - he might just be trying to point out generalities) then I'd disagree.

I think when peacocking the absolute FIRST consideration is the crowd of women you're targeting. Personally I like strange subculture chicks (like, hipster/metal/punk/burner chicks) and go to a lot of underground and alt lifestyle events, so often I'll have an artist paint my face and body interestingly, put on more punk style clothes with a pike bracelet or necklace and head out - works like a charm and generates probably 100s of looks in a night.

Mystery's style for instance is well suited for picking up women at burning man or at a metal show, but not at your typical whitebread dance club.

However, that same look would look pretty stupid at a dance club with a lot of women in tight red dresses, and I wouldn't wear out to that same venue. In that case Warped's style guide would be far better.

The style is very dependent on your crowd, but I think Warped's general tips stand regardless of the crowd.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:17 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

All

Fags

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:54 pm 

vicpark83.... not really useful addition to this thread... No trolling.

Style is a form of peacocking guys.... Peacocking theory is based on the male peacock... Peacocking correlates with the first phase of courtship: gaining the attention of the potential mate. Now if you look like a clown you might get attention but it won't be as a potential mate so that's doing it incorrectly. Hence incorrect peacocking.

Correct peacocking has at most 3 things that stand out... TOO MUCH OF ANYTHING IS BAD.

An example is: Nice watch, Nice Coat, Nice necklace....

Or: Nice Shoes, Nice shirt with good color, and tie...

Don't: Wear 5 rings, 8 bracelets, 2 necklaces and a bright shirt.... that's too much.111

More than 3 it starts looking ridiculous...

Culture is very important to deciding what type of women you go after, but it's also very important that you figure that out regardless.... don't dress hip hop and go try and pick up country chicks... you might do alright but you'd do much better if you fit the scheme of the place.

IMO the best ways to peacock are really associated with good color scheme and style... Color attracts attention with ease and it doesn't have to be crazy....

Some basics (some already stated):

1. Wear the correct size clothing.
2. Always have nice shoes, yes women judge you by your shoes.
3. Button ups are almost always better that t-shirts.
4. Color scheme is important: look at your eyes, skin tone, hair color, build, etc. for deciding on a good closet.
5. LESS IS MORE.
6. Go easy on the jewelry, be selective don't select everything.
7. Dress your age... if you're over the age of 25 I think a cleaner "man" style is better than the bull shit t-shirts. I actually think everyone should dress cleaner but that is jsut mean (since I switched).

Peace and Love,

Vic

Blogging again living life: http://www.Scienceofnaturalgame.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:07 am 
PUA Forum Leader

I'm not trolling im actually being serious. If you dressed like these guys you'd get hit on by more men than women. I dunno about anywhere else but in Australia if you dressed like that most women will think you're gay.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:19 pm 

Quote:
All

Fags
What value did that add... I enjoy your usual additions but this has not added any value... literally all it could be conceivably seen as is trolling, flaming, or both. Style is very cultural, that may not work in Australia but it does work in many areas around the states and Europe (not all). Calling everyone that does that gay ex-nays shit loads of other countries where that is considered quite fashionable and the norm.
Quote:
I'm not trolling im actually being serious. If you dressed like these guys you'd get hit on by more men than women. I dunno about anywhere else but in Australia if you dressed like that most women will think you're gay.
That last comment was more on par with the thread in australia it don't work cool, now what works in Australia? That would add value, rather than all fags or whatever else.

Peace and Love,

Vic

Blogging again living life: http://www.Scienceofnaturalgame.com