Talked to a girl in gym, but no introductions.Now what ?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:10 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I am very new to this and still learning. So I saw a girl giving me glances as I was working out in my gym. She seemed pretty interested with just the way she was looking, but I am pretty shy still and not yet got my openers calibrated, so I did not bother approaching within 5 seconds of eye contact. Later in the Aerobics room, I was working on my Gym Ball, and she walked in the room.After a few mins, she asked me if she could use the Gym Ball I was using. I gave it to her, and she asked me if she is doing the exercise right. She was not doing it right, so I taught her how to do it properly.We just talked bout the difference exercises, and she kept kept staying by my side even while I was working out my own stuff, just observing me even tough I was not teaching her those. It was already 15 mins into us talking, but I had no where introduced myself. By the time I thought of doing it, the gym closed down, and we had to leave. We just exchanged goodbyes.

I want to know how do I make it right or I lost the chance now with her? Can I still have a regular chat with her next time and then introduce myself? What do I do more to get her interested and perhaps come out for coffee?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:53 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
I am very new to this and still learning. So I saw a girl giving me glances as I was working out in my gym. She seemed pretty interested with just the way she was looking, but I am pretty shy still and not yet got my openers calibrated, so I did not bother approaching within 5 seconds of eye contact. Later in the Aerobics room, I was working on my Gym Ball, and she walked in the room.After a few mins, she asked me if she could use the Gym Ball I was using. I gave it to her, and she asked me if she is doing the exercise right. She was not doing it right, so I taught her how to do it properly.We just talked bout the difference exercises, and she kept kept staying by my side even while I was working out my own stuff, just observing me even tough I was not teaching her those. It was already 15 mins into us talking, but I had no where introduced myself. By the time I thought of doing it, the gym closed down, and we had to leave. We just exchanged goodbyes.

I want to know how do I make it right or I lost the chance now with her? Can I still have a regular chat with her next time and then introduce myself? What do I do more to get her interested and perhaps come out for coffee?
Wow man you had IOI's off the hook, thats for sure. I mean come on her observing you is just saying hey maybe next time you come to the gym you should workout with me.

Also your at the gym I'd like to think it'd rather be easier to go out for a shake than a drink. That's if it's an instant date.

go for Coffee If you get her number.

So next time you see her try igniting conversation and introducing yourself, after that you can probably ask her how long she's been going to the gym.

what's the worst that can happen when you introduce yourself to her?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:15 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

agree 100%, there is no harm in talking to her again. she came onto you, started talking to you, and by the sounds of it, wanted you.

so next time you see her, treat her as an old friend, high 5 her *kino* or something silly like that, and then say *so are you always this rude... your not going to introduce yourself* or something along them lines, little bit cocky funny, and she'l laugh and move on with the rest with her name, lil tip, introduce yourself with both first name, and surname, its more sophisticated and surpisingly easier to remember someone telling you the whole name, unless you just want to be another *john* or *jim* sets you apart from the rest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:10 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

hey dude, im sorta in the same situation as you, give my post a read and youl see what i mean. you definately have a chance dude to get a number close as well as introduce yourself.

next time you see her, especially if shes using the ball, say something like 'hey your using the ball right this time, and all on your own. i think that deserves a high 5'. she'll laugh and high 5 you, especially as with how well u were on ur first chat, uve set yourself up for a second. then play it smoothly and say 'you know i never actually got to introduce myself last time we spoke, im ****, and she'll reply im *****, nice to meet you blah blah bah lol. the rest i cant help so much with as im learning that also. but you definately have a chance. but i will suggest keep the convo short, especially in the gym. as chief said to me recently on here about my post, say your gonna go back to the machines and would be great to chat out of the gym sometime. and hopefully youl go for a number close.

good luck dude and lemme know how it goes !