Man, I'm pathetic

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Post subject: Man, I'm pathetic
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:03 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

I gotta do something you guys. Maybe whining here will help. Maybe you'll laugh a little.

Last night I was kind of tired, but I forced myself to go out and it was the worst night ever. I went to this club I've never been to before, all by myself. The club was really cool, actually. There was an awesome band playing, the people were well dressed, and there were quite a few beautiful women around. It was a cool place, I'm definitely hanging out there from now on.

I really just wanted to go socialize and meet people, but I wound up talking to these fat chicks and clinging to them all night, holding on for dear life. They even introduced me to this totally beautiful woman, an absolute 10. We just exchanged names and shook hands and she chatted with her friend for a few, but I couldn't hear what they were saying. Then she sat at the bar across from me with this guy and she was giving me eye contact for awhile, probably wanting me to approach her because she looked pretty bored, but I was too afraid of not being able to lead a conversation with her. I know some openers, but I don't really have any funny stories to tell. I smiled at her and she never looked at me again. I just kind of stood there with these fat chicks, trying to talk to them as much as I could, and trying not to look like too much of a loser.

Late in the night, they said they going to this dance club and I asked if I could go with them because I had never been there. They agreed and I followed them over there. When we got there, I guess I was following this one fat chick around too much and she made up this story about her boyfriend being there or something so she could get rid of me. So I just stood there at the bar and finished my beer, which took forever. Then I started to leave but I was kind of buzzing so I stood there and listened to the music for awhile, staring at this drunk blond who was dancing and then I left, totally dejected.

This morning I wake up to find an email that was sent last night from this other fat chick that I met at the bar a couple of weeks ago, telling me I'm amazing and she missed me and all this stuff. I'm so sad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:43 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

AOL: Lceberg032
haha, damn bro, if you didnt want to be there then there was no reason to put yourself through hell, all in all it was something that should be a learning experience and help prepare you for next time

ive had those nights before, sometimes im just not in the mood and could care less,

for next time just use the fat chicks to merge into other sets, doing pick up takes energy and if your not into its not going to get pulled off so dont punish yourself if your not into being superman and putting yourself in the line of fire

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:15 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Hey, thanks for the kind words. My problem is that I'm ALWAYS tired. I've been trying to go out for weeks, but I go to bed around 11 and wake up at 7, so I'm always tired around 10 or 11 at night so I never really feel like going out. I think the tiredness is partly psychological, too, because I get all anxious and stuff when I think about going out alone. I think my only option is to just go out over and over again until I get comfortable in that hellish situation. :) It just my insecurities that make it hellish. I wish I could get over them. That's all I really want.

That merging stuff is too advanced for me . . . I don't know how to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:35 pm 
Dedicated Member

Ahh.. Thank God I'm not the only one who has been through this.

Pal, 2 weekend back I kissed 5 girls. And last weekend on a friday I was good but on a Sat I just couldn't open. Didn't feel like and was very tired. You feel like shit the next morning thinking that you have lost your game but no. Going out and talking to people requires you to be in a state of mind, say in a happy state of mind.

But there are days when the week drains you and all you care about it being home and not talking to anyone. Ideas of approacing and multi threading aren't coming as rapidly as they would on any other day.

I go out as alone as much as I do it with friends. And the best way there is start talking to the bouncer, the bar tender get into a talkative mode.

What you are going through is normal. Atleast thats what makes me feel after listening to your story :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:15 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Thanks, Marc. That's good advice. What do you talk to bouncers and bartenders about? Do you always talk about bar stuff or do you engage them on different topics? Do you use routines on them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:11 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

yeah, this is a common feeling. you have this impression that a pua is the life and soul of the party and there you are standing on your own with beer in hand thinking what the fuck am I doing here? You don´t make approaches because you know 100% sure that you would get blown off and you feel pathetic.

but then this isn´t the case every night and there are some nights you go out and think, JESUS, maybe I didn´t get an f close or number but the babes were talking to me and other girls were looking around as if to say, arent you gonna talk to me too stud? and it just seems great. I guess you can´t have one without the other.

I am going to go out this Saturday and will post my field report sometime on Sunday. I have been doing this a total of 6 or 7 times tops. I have learned a lot and I think that the situation you found yourself in would have probably led me to bounce to another place. It is one of those nights when you can´t get the girl you want and you can´t even stay in set with the girls you don´t want. It stings like a bitch. I guess that most guys go through it. But when you are not on your own.
Best of luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:13 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Yeah, I definitely should have left and went home. The problem was I spent so much time getting ready that I didn't didn't want to waste it. I spent like half an hour ironing this shirt before I went out. I think that's what ruined my night. I suck at ironing shirts. It's so damn frustrating.