help: please read 4/6/09

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Post subject: help: please read 4/6/09
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:09 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Introduction: This is my first time posting, and am not sure where to post to get evaluated. I am a college student at UW-Madison. I have been doing this for a couple of weeks and have had some good results (so far), but i need help on what i am doing wrong and what i am doing right. Also, if there is a better place to post this type of topic let me know.

----- Tonight: I went to a Med. School fundraising event at a bar. I was anxious the whole time, but finally before me and my fellow classmates (not PUAs) left i decided to go for it. I approached a 2-set. My target was problably HB8 and she was with her friend:

me: "are you guys in med school"
them: "yes, are you?"
me: " no, but i have a quick question befor me and my friends take off"
me: " what is this fundraising for, i figured i should find out why i made a donation"
them: blah blah
me: "how do you guys know each other"
them: "just from med school"
me"oh, are you guys good friends? you seem like good friends, because you make similar face expressions"
them: they look at each other "yea, pretty good friends"
me: "oh, have you guys ever taken the best friend test before"
---best friend test went well.
me: "one more thing, do they teach you how to tell when you are lying in med school?" "I learned from my step-brother who is a county sheriff how to tell if you are lying"
I did the lying test to the friend...did not get it and said: "oh, well i am not a professional"
me: " one more test, but this time to you" (the target) "pick a number between 1-10"
i picked 7 she picked 6
then i asked the friend her name while the target was talking to an adjacent group of people. Then i asked her friend what the targets name was. When the target turned around i told her that i knew a secret way of guessing her name. I asked for her hand and "read" her palm, and said her name...as a joke. Then i asked if they were staying there all night and said: "me and my friends are going to a different bar, and that they should tag along" she said: "well if we leave we'll try to find you" I said: "how about you both put your numbers in my phone" friend: " well, maybe she will" target: "no, sorry" then i repeated their names, they wanted to know my name, and i said they should find out on there own (nicely and playfully) they laughed i left.

-- I think i rushed it too much. For some reason I felt like rushing it and in my head i tried to think of a way to quickly get there numbers. I tried to think of a line or something, but nothing popped up. I figured it was too early, but i did want to leave. Any feedback? I have #-closed every time i have gone out, except tonight. I have k-closed once, and f-closed (not including the k-close) once. Like i said i have been doing this for 3 weeks, but i usually only go out twice a week (due to school).

-if you want to keep reading-
My tendency is to get courage to open a set (i take my time---which i know i have to work on, but i do make sure i am among friend laughing/having fun) and stick with that set through the rest of the night (they do seem interested). My main sticking point is 2nd dates. Even with the success mention above, i have yet to get a second date. Also, i am not sure what the calling/texting situation is. With one of the number close i tried calling her back right away (answering machine), and later in the night i got a guy on the phone. Otherwise, i have felt more comfortable texting, and i feel like the targets here feel the same way. BUT, i have had no success with the texting-- i usually say: "hey my friend are going out tonight, you and your friends should tag along"

Please give me any advice, or let me know where i can post this were it might be more suitable

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:59 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Good job getting out there and making it happen...

thats the best way to learn...
I read over what you posted and it looks good, nice interaction...

First off, you didnt post anything in the dialog about Kino.. were you kinoing at all?

If not.. Focus on that... as I read thru the main feeling I get is that you hooked and opened just fine... but kind jumped over building some attraction and hopped right into comfort... so they like talking to you, and your interesting, but you dont really have the buy in to bounce them anywhere because the attraction hasnt been built yet.

Just another thought
Quote:
they wanted to know my name, and i said they should find out on there own
Sometimes its ok to jump thru the hoops they put up... I mean you have both their names at this point but you wont give out yours?

why not make it a funny little routine out of it... like hold out your hand and make them guess like you guessed their name =)

JMT,
Lucky

I couldn't find any stats on death from approaching a woman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:37 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

1st thanks for the input

I did do some kino while reading the targets hand. I thought it worked well, she felt/looked comfortable while i held her hand and read her palm (rubbing) using my other hand.

Building attraction: Got any tips. more DHV spikes? Anything else?

Also, let me know if you are ever back in town. It would be nice to have a wingman