"Night at the roxbury" AMOG

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Tools & Techniques of Game: Meeting, Attracting and Seducing Women » Mid-Game

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:22 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

My wing and I realized we need to open guy sets too to demonstrate Leader of Men and get win over guys so we amp our value with girls and perhaps avoid being cock blocked later. We started to think of the entire club and one big set, and I think this will help with our forward and backwards merging too. Now that we're doing club and bar game much more often and mixed sets and everything, we've started to get some AMOGing. I opened a mixed set earlier in the night that included one guy. Later that night that guy was with just 3 other guys outside the club. I opened the set just to develop my skills with guys. Well this guy AMOGs me even when no girls were around. He's like, "You guys are like the Night at the Roxbury guys." I ignored it; my wing was like, "Yeah we fucking are and high fived one of the other guys." The other 3 were loving the story we were telling about a girl fight, but the Leader wasn't. He said some other shit, and I responded like, "Oh yeah you're really funny" (with a dry sarcastic tone and breaking rapport tonality). What are suggestions for dealing with AMOG "jokes" like this in mixed sets and sets with all guys?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:37 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
My wing and I realized we need to open guy sets too to demonstrate Leader of Men and get win over guys so we amp our value with girls and perhaps avoid being cock blocked later. We started to think of the entire club and one big set, and I think this will help with our forward and backwards merging too. Now that we're doing club and bar game much more often and mixed sets and everything, we've started to get some AMOGing. I opened a mixed set earlier in the night that included one guy. Later that night that guy was with just 3 other guys outside the club. I opened the set just to develop my skills with guys. Well this guy AMOGs me even when no girls were around. He's like, "You guys are like the Night at the Roxbury guys." I ignored it; my wing was like, "Yeah we fucking are and high fived one of the other guys." The other 3 were loving the story we were telling about a girl fight, but the Leader wasn't. He said some other shit, and I responded like, "Oh yeah you're really funny" (with a dry sarcastic tone and breaking rapport tonality). What are suggestions for dealing with AMOG "jokes" like this in mixed sets and sets with all guys?
I have so many problems with so much of what you wrote... But as this topic is about 'AMOGs' I will try to remain on topic.

Who set the tone?

most people misunderstand dominance.
They think it's about always steering the conversation in the direction they want it to go, but nothing can be further from the truth.

If you have to constantly fight to say your piece, how truly dominant are you in the end?

No, dominance is a vibe. It's very simple to understand; in your presence, what's the vibe you want set?

If is it light and fun? Or heavy and violent? Is it tense or relaxed? You choose.

Once that's done, then all you really have to do is maintain it, but here is the caveat: you maintain a vibe through your own being. What this means is that, you don't actively try to impose a feeling on the people around you, instead you maintain it within yourself.

So from the outside, what does it look like? This dude is tooling you, saying you look like the guys from Night at the Roxburry, and what do you do? You answer him. He's trying to make you feel small and he succeeded.

Shut up.

That's really all you need to do. Don't address him, don't talk to him, dont even look at him. This dude does not even register in your reality. Why? because he is trying to ruin the vibe that you set. Are you going to let him get away with that?

Hell fucking no.

Most guys have a weak sense of self, and completely ignoring them will crush their identity really quickly. I'm not saying that you need to go around being mean to people, I'm just saying that it's best to ignore people like that.

The other night, I was out with a dear friend. He's one of the kindest guys I've ever known - great heart, amazing person, but not a very good looking guy, nor a very imposing one. He walked up to these beautiful girls and started talking to them, when this dickhead shows up and puts his arm around the girl my friend was interested in and said "That's my girlfriend man". I saw this and I snapped. I'm not a vindictive guy but this dude clearly picked on my friend because he knew he was harmless. I turned to the girl I was talking to and asked if they knew him. Nope. Great. I walked up, extended my hand, the girl took it. I pulled her into me, and turned my back on the guy. I basically boxed him out of the group. For the next 5 minutes or so he stood there saying stupid shit - I dont even know what cause I wasnt even remotely interested in listening. Eventually though, he gave up and left.

That's the only way to deal with supposed 'AMOG's'. You get to a point where you realize that the overwhelming majority of guys in the clubs are faking it. There are very few lions left.

Mack

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:50 am 
New to MPUA Forum

It will look like a And is very important.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:11 am 
Dedicated Member

no point in opening only guy sets unless you plan on fucking one of them...

as for a guy AMOGing you? you did great by ignoring it. if someone is rude to me to try to freeze me out i ignore it or tell him to go away then stop acknowledging him or freeze him out by stepping in front of him and continue talking UNLESS it is the girl's friend... if thats the case then befriend him.

but guys normally dont do this unless they have RSD "alpha" shit crammed in their head.

if a girl tries to come in and cockblock you, befriend her. anything else will look misogynistic.

PUA memes and pua inspirational pics/videos http://fb.com/Drew.Schroeder.Page

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:02 am 
Dedicated Member

Best way to handle an AMOG is to just ignore him. If he is part of of mixed set where he is friends or family member of your target, you should befriend him ASAP if he's around so he will like and trust you and let you run the set without cockblocking you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:25 am 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
My wing and I realized we need to open guy sets too to demonstrate Leader of Men and get win over guys so we amp our value with girls and perhaps avoid being cock blocked later.
This is the problem right here. Proving that you're the leader of men creates a power struggle with other men trying to prove that they are the leader of men. Too much energy wasted. My advice would be to create the aura of being the person/people that others want to be around. You'll get the occasional asshole that wants to bring you down a notch, but those are easier to deal with than proving that everyone should look up to you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:18 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
My advice would be to create the aura of being the person/people that others want to be around.
But then again, if you "try" to create an aura of being the person who others want to be around, it will be forced
and wreck the entire aura.

We again come back to BECOMING the kind of person who others want to be around, by developing
the qualities that people want to be around with.

Qualities like charm, warmth, humour, fun, intellect etc. Personal development always wins.

You can try it here Here: New AA Cure

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:42 pm 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
Quote:
My advice would be to create the aura of being the person/people that others want to be around.
But then again, if you "try" to create an aura of being the person who others want to be around, it will be forced
and wreck the entire aura.

We again come back to BECOMING the kind of person who others want to be around, by developing
the qualities that people want to be around with.

Qualities like charm, warmth, humour, fun, intellect etc. Personal development always wins.
Who said "try"? Lol. Seems like you're trying to put words in my mouth so you can hijack what I was saying and make it yours. It's okay to just agree with me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:06 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
Who said "try"? Lol. Seems like you're trying to put words in my mouth so you can hijack what I was saying and make it yours. It's okay to just agree with me.
Yes that's exactly what I tried to do. :)

To the guy asking the question, what I was aiming at was this.

In your original post, you said:
Quote:
we need to open guy sets too to demonstrate Leader of Men and get win over guys so we amp our value with girls and perhaps avoid being cock blocked later.

If you put your focus on coming across a certain way, a life of the party, confident, the "alpha" or whatever,
you kill it by the fact that you are putting your focus on it.

> Alpha guys don't focus on being alpha. They just are alpha.

> Confident guys don't focus on putting up an image of being confident, they just are confident.

> Life of the party people don't put up an image of being the life of the party, they just express themselves
and are life of the party.

In your case, you said you wanted to show that you are a leader of men.

Don't try to demonstrate that you're a leader of men, just BE a leader of men.
Develop real leadership skills, and you won't need to demonstrate - it will be obvious on you.

Hope I helped,

You can try it here Here: New AA Cure

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:34 pm 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
Don't try to demonstrate that you're a leader of men, just BE a leader of men.
Develop real leadership skills, and you won't need to demonstrate - it will be obvious on you.
Or don't waste your time and energy on something that will rarely ever help you in seduction. Being a leader of men is good if you ultimately want to lead men, but its too passive when it comes to emotionally stimulating a woman.

Women like men that make them feel something. Be the man that makes them feel something.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:49 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Own the frame. Own the fucking frame. Your boy had it right to joke that "yeah we are!"

He was also right to high-five one of the other dudes. One of the best ways to disable an AMOG is keep smiling, stay in your frame, and disarm any thing they do to insult you. You won't beat them by getting angry. Make them feel subordinate by not giving a shit, having more fun than them, and winning over their friends.