PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 3:40 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Has anyone else come across this phenomenon in the area of psychology, or experienced anything like this yourself? If so, please let me know. If there are any psychological studies on this, I would like to read them.

I have recently and inexplicably acquired musical ability and understanding of music that for the entirety of my life up until this point has not been there. I have shut down nearly every other aspect of my life to focus on strengthening and refining my game. This has brought me much success, and satisfaction. I have been coaching other guys in my area for free as part of this personal growth exercise. I no longer use any canned material, and have gone completely natural.

Seemingly I have awakened a dormant part of my brain. It feels like being musically inclined, and being successful with women have deep ties within the brain. As PUAs we can all list the many qualities a musician may portray that can be described as well "Rock Star Qualities"... Qualities we strive for such as "status", and "preselection" may be two of the first that always come to mind when we talk about "Rock Star Status".

It would seem obvious to any one of us that these social cues are what give musicians the edge in the area of success with women. The formula in your head right now probably looks a lot like this.
[Get good with an electric guitar] + [some cool cloths and hair] + [Get on any stage with women near by] = status and preselection => undergarments and phone numbers being thrown at you.

This seems straight forward, and is about the way I have resolved it in my own mind up until having this experience. I feel like I entered the realm of music through the back door. The normal rout would be to get good with music, then as a social side effect one has success with women.

For me, it went the other way around. I got good with women, then seemingly as a side effect, my brain was stimulated in such a way that a dark dormant area full of dust and cobwebs suddenly had the lights turned on. Its like finding an unused room in your house. I have no musical training, music has always been kind of a mystery to me. Just a mystical nebulous something with complex inner workings beyond my grasp. Now out of nowhere it has coalesced into a very well organized, rigid and almost tangible concept within my mind. Never even having touched a guitar I now feel quite comfortable and confident with one.

So the point of all this is that perhaps those useless pretty boys on stage who get all the girls may have something much deeper going on beneath the surface. Perhaps the area of the brain that makes one good with music is the same area that makes one good with women.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:42 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Old thread but close enough to my subject so I'll chip in.

Music talent (which is really a skill) is not correlated with game.
Some of the greatest musical geniuses in history where absolute failures with women (Beethoven, Nick Drake).
For example, I know a guy who is one of the best guitarists in town, plays flamenco and Johnny Marr inside out. However he just sits in his bedroom, never went on stage, and basically can't get a girl to save his life.

People confuse stardom with talent. Stardom is very attractive to women because it is social status, financial success, popularity and confidence. The main reason that women like rock stars is that they are successful and very visible. This is true of actors and other artists as well. Hollywood is full of "actors" and artists but they are basically losers. But even a terrible actor with no talent or looks will get hoards of women if he is famous (think Adam Sandler).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:34 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Yahoo Messenger: shadowdtat
I would love to know more about your theory of how gaming has awakened a latent part of your brain and allowed for the creativity of music. This is extremely interesting and is a whole new aspect to this environment that we call PUA. This could be an amazing thing to learn more about because look at all the good that could come of it...using pick up could result in savants in music, business, art, etc.

This is a wow moment for me and worth doing the research about. Very interesting indeed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:12 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I've had a similar experience, but not sure whether my reason was the same as yours or not. So, I'll just share anyways.

So some time back, I was extremely frustrated with my life, basically lack of success with girls. I've always been a geek but I always considered it just to have a successful career but not genuinely interested in the subjects that I was studying.

When I got into game, surprisingly, not only I got happy with my life, but started to love my field as well. It all came out of nowhere just as you say, I thought I'd never have genuine interest in my field. But it all changed, just because of the knowledge I gained from getting into the Game.

So the reason I personally found (for my case) was that it was not actually about the girls, but the lack of control in my life. And when I got this control over my life, I came to realize that my true interest was always in my field (I'm an engineer). But the frustration was too much that it stopped me from seeing all the other things in my life.

May be your interest was always in music, but you didn't realize it before? Personally I don't think getting good at game as anything to do with music specifically. Most of us are trying to fill a void by getting this aspect handled (since survival and replication are the 2 primary purposes of man - from scientific point of view) and when we get it, only then we come to realize our true passions and life purpose. May be it was the same for you. Your true passion was always to become a rockstar/musician.
Anyways just my thoughts, I may be wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:42 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

That's a great story Style, and it makes perfect sense!
I'm also an engineer (systems and mechanical) and I've noticed how getting good with the game has awakened me to the joy of my field. I got my first degree in 2002 with the invent of windows XP, and after so many years of working on computers it stopped being fun anymore. My hobby/career turned into a job and I was miserable. But after I started listening to Josh Pellicer and Adam Lyons and started getting good with women, I found that I not only truly enjoyed life again but I loved my career again too. I began updating my education and got a degree in Mechanical engineering and robotics, along with updating my microsoft certs so I could be ready for windows 10. and in February, I finally started my own business which I was too afraid to do before.

So, I completely agree with you that it brings out a latent joy of life in us, and really opens our eyes to more possibilities than we ever thought possible!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:19 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
That's a great story Style, and it makes perfect sense!
I'm also an engineer (systems and mechanical) and I've noticed how getting good with the game has awakened me to the joy of my field. I got my first degree in 2002 with the invent of windows XP, and after so many years of working on computers it stopped being fun anymore. My hobby/career turned into a job and I was miserable. But after I started listening to Josh Pellicer and Adam Lyons and started getting good with women, I found that I not only truly enjoyed life again but I loved my career again too. I began updating my education and got a degree in Mechanical engineering and robotics, along with updating my microsoft certs so I could be ready for windows 10. and in February, I finally started my own business which I was too afraid to do before.

So, I completely agree with you that it brings out a latent joy of life in us, and really opens our eyes to more possibilities than we ever thought possible!
Exactly. And to be more precise, I think you can't find your true life purpose until you've had your dick satisfied... because until then your dick is constantly blocking your mind.. :P

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:54 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I agree totally, until head #2 is satisfied he runs your whole world. Gotta take care of the problem to find the solution :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:19 am 
PUA Forum Leader

This is a very interesting thread. With regard to musicianship and meeting women I find a strong correlation. Just from the standpoint that so many things in life are like a musical arrangement. If you have the backing of music in your mental bag of tricks you are in a strong position.

But like the other poster said many musicians are not successful with women, as i was once not.

Once you break through the barrier of AA and rejection and put yourslef out there, a musical background is advantageous ime.

However everything I have written has very little to do with the interesting original post which revolved around one area of life awakening a latent area of life that was always there waiting to be discovered.