PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:00 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

So I’m at the college canteen with some friends, and I see this group of freshmen all laughing together.

Suddenly, one of them gets up, with his food tray and tries to sit next down to this cute girl who’s having dinner alone (probably part of his pledge or something). I look over at them – the kid is super nervous, tries to sit in front of her, but they just exchange a few words and the kid doesn’t even put they food tray on the table… he just returns to his friends with a shamed look on his face.

I couldn’t stop laughing about it. I also couldn’t stand by and not have some fun myself.

So, I get up, walk up to her, sit without even asking and say “You’re gonna tell me what you said to that kid, because the poor bastard is clearly holding his tears between nervous laughs.”
She laughs about it and tells me she knew they were trying to make fun of her and that she just wanted to have dinner in peace. At first, she addressed to me as “you guys” because she thought I was in the same group, but I told “Dude… do I look like I’m with those guys?”, to which she replied “No… You look kinda older”.

I could see she was still upset about the event, so I didn’t push too hard: I told her “thanks to you, that little boy’s interactions with girls are totally ruined for life. And you’re totally happy for that haha” and then ended asking her name, shaking hands and leaving her. I could tell that if I went for the n-close or pushed conversation further she would get because she was really pissed off.

So… not a really pick-up attempt, but more of a way for me to have fun. Plus, I was surprised by my lack of AA, the opposite usually happens!

Last edited by Portugal.Thy.Man on Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:53 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Good work. If you typically have AA and did this, you should try to keep everything you felt fresh in your head for the next time you go out into the field. IT CAN BE DONE!!

That being said, I find that if you approach a girl right after another chode got blown out, you will actually get way higher acceptance than normal, even if your game is only slightly better than the last guy. Say things like, "man I feel for that guy. You're gorgeous, he probably just didn't know what to say." Or, "did that guy really just approach you, pfft, he's wayy out of your league." You just need to convey that his game sucks, and yours is great. It will be a pleasant surprise, and much appreciated by her.

Also, if she was eating along, I doubt she would have been pissed off if you stayed, she probably would enjoy getting hit on by an attractive guy who "get's it." You gotta kick that negative thought out of your brain. Happy sarging !! :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:11 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Thanks man!

I admit, during 2 or 3 seconds I found myself shaking a bit, so I'm not yet totally comfortable with it.

But I'll say this: it just so much easier when you're doing it just to have fun. Literally, I only approached this girl to have some fun. I wasn't thinking about getting her number, getting her to bed, nothing...

The minute you realise no one gives a shit but you (and stick to that train of though for the rest of your life) you'll be better than most guys.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:13 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I agree it's much easier to run game when you're not outcome dependent and just there to have fun. I need to work on this myself, I care too much about results and how I look while getting them, and I get into my own head.