Post subject: The Experiment
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:21 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

This is going to be an on going progress report as I try new things in the field. For those that haven't seen any of my other posts to master anything you must practice practice and practice. In my reading I found this excerp that I believe can help alot of people hitting road blocks on their openers.
I am now revealing this idea outside of my private lounge for the first time here:
GROUNDING: HOW TO GROUND YOUR IDENTITY TO YOUR TARGET'S REALITY WITH
YOUR BACK-STORY
I'm sure you've found yourself in a set and have reached the point where your target says, "What do you
do?" You either give her your honest but lame answer like, "I'm a student", or "I'm a system's
administrator", or worse, you try to circumvent the question entirely with "I'm an ass model."
The problem is you don't have an attractive identity, or if you do, it's not a strong one. Some guys will
experiment with "I'm a rockstar", or "I'm a promoter", or "I'm a public speaker", but your target will
either feel you are lying (in the same way we believe an "actress" is likely a "waitress"), or if they DO
believe your evidence, they become intimidated when you get weighed down by the stereotype they have
of you.
If instead of answering her question "What do you do" with "I'm " you can ground your present identity to
her reality and harness the opportunity to convey a much richer personality. Here's how you do it.
Instead say:
1. "Well when I was little I wanted to be a ."
2. "When I was a teenager happened." Tell stories about how you got from 1 to 3.
Page
3. "Now I'm . Can you believe it?"
Here is the applied format that I used to ground my identity to a recent HB9's reality. It helped to attract
her and build enough comfort to get her back to my place. (Not the exotic dancer but another girl.)
1. What do I do? When I was young I wanted to be a magician.
2. Tell story of my first birthday party magic show and how the money was used to see a Copperfield
show. (5 minute story.)
2.1 Tell story of how my biggest audience scared the shit out of me and how I went up and kicked ass. I
really get into the fear of it all. (3 minute story.)
2.2 Talk about my first real TV experience. (2 minute story.)
2.3 Tell her about moving to Hollywood and why. This is a "vulnerability routine" in C&T stage. (3
minute story.)
3.0 Tell her what is now on my plate - my WTF? underground internet show, my TV reality show
interest, the book I'm writing, and my seminars on various topics such as social dynamics and wealth
building. (5 minutes of stories.)
3.1 Tell her what I am planning on doing next - illusion show concepts, publicity stunts, etc. (5 minutes of
stories.)

I hope that others can use this information as well. Good luck!

*I do not own any of this content