Post subject: catcalling vs Openers
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:31 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

so i was on yahoo and this article caught my eye and completely pissed me off

https://www.yahoo.com/style/a-reporter- ... 21963.html

basically its about a beautiful girl dressed in tight clothes who is complaining about the amount of guys who try to get her attention and are complementing her. another girl goes on to say that if a guy wants her attention that he should just say “Hey, I just saw you over there and you seem nice. Would you like to have coffee sometime?” BUT in the video it shows multiple guys trying to get her attention but her just walking past them ignoring them.

so is there a difference between an opener and catcalling, to me catcalling is basically a failed opener one where you try to get her attention without getting up and talking to her. like if you say hey how are you doing ans he just keeps walking, what started out as an opener became a catcall

and i can understand how women can get tired of multiple guys trying to get at them, but why do these same women dress in ways to attract more guys?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:14 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

The video spotlights catcalling. Catcalilng is basically done by a guy who knows he has zero chance; also the vast majority of the male population has ZERO idea how to properly engage a girl, so they are stuck with catcalling. They are verbalizing their thoughts.

Think of it this way: The only thing the vast majority of men can do when they see a cute girl is LOOK. That's where it starts and ends. They get to look (or catcall). That's all.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:19 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
another girl goes on to say that if a guy wants her attention that he should just say “Hey, I just saw you over there and you seem nice. Would you like to have coffee sometime?” BUT in the video it shows multiple guys trying to get her attention but her just walking past them ignoring them.
Does this woman even look like she wants to be approached? She has on a very hard face, and makes no eye contact or gives ANY indication she wants to be approached.
Should you ignore all non-verbal cues a woman gives off?
What if she was wearing a shirt that said "I am a lesbian!" would you go for it anyway? What if she informs you she's married - to a woman. Do you "plow" anyway? If not, why not? What point do you reach where you decide "Maybe I should just find a different girl to approach".

Approaching women that are giving off the vibe this woman is giving off is almost never going to go anywhere.

And it's why most guys get burned out from running "day game". They refuse to pay any attention to anything about the woman other than her body.
Does she seem like she's approachable based one body language? Fuck that, I'll just do it anyway!
When I said something to her, did she make eye contact and look at me in friendly way or "ehhh!?" way? Don't know, bitches are crazy anyway; time to plow!
Is she stepping away from me and making defense gestures? Maybe I need to kino escalate faster!
Well, I managed to keep her here for over a full five minutes! Before she "shit tests" me and says she has to leave, I should probably get her phone number!

Two days later we get a thread about some dude running awesome "day game" and getting fifteen numbers but none of them will meet up. How can he improve his "text game".
Quote:
and i can understand how women can get tired of multiple guys trying to get at them, but why do these same women dress in ways to attract more guys?
Because she wants to be attractive to men she finds attractive, and also to other women.

Do you notice ONE well dressed, educated man doing this shit? No. Every single one is a scrub. Why should a woman change her actions based on what scroungy losers do?

RSDTyler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:53 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

thats true, everything you said is what i thought, i have amazing day game but horrible night game mainly because i noticed body language...i consider myself an educated well dressed guy, but i just HATE seeing guys try and just be nice to a girl who's apparently dressing in a way to attract guys and she treats it as guys being thirsty or annoying......it's kinda like a guy going outside covered with honey and wondering why bees and flies are attacking him

in the hood we call it "thirst trapping" lmfao

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:09 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
Does she seem like she's approachable based one body language? Fuck that, I'll just do it anyway!
Well, to be fair aspiring PUAs are encouraged to immediately approach without thinking in order to avoid approach anxiety...

Quote:
Do you notice ONE well dressed, educated man doing this shit? No. Every single one is a scrub. Why should a woman change her actions based on what scroungy losers do?
Yeah... one problem with that. It turns out they just edited out all the white guys: http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/20 ... d_out.html

Not that a woman should need to change her actions... I just don't think we should fool ourselves into thinking this is a problem caused by "scroungy losers."

In fact, I could easily imagine a self-important, entitled stock broker being far worse than those guys...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:35 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

yea i find it stupid ho they actually see this as a problem, yeah the guy who walked up next to her for like 30 minutes or the guy who touched her might be doing something wrong, but yelling random compliments or just asking how she's doing or saying hey doesn't seem wrong, it actually makes her seem like a low down bitch cause she's getting offended

what made me really mad is the fact that every comment on the youtube video that's talking bad about men are getting thumbs up but every last one thats supporting men or atleast saying "not all men are like that" are getting hundreds of thumb downs

but thats logical ofocurse lol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:20 pm 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
it actually makes her seem like a low down bitch cause she's getting offended
I know when I walk down the street and those charity workers try to get my attention in a way that doesn't seem entirely consensual, it makes me uncomfortable and I get quickly pissed off, especially if they start walking down the street following me. Then there are their obvious attempts at "rapport building" (I know what you want motherfucker, tell me what the charity is and what you want me to donate).

I'm an introverted guy and I hate being bothered in this way by someone who is pretending to be interested in me but actually only wants me for one thing. I find it very uncomfortable. But I have to deal with it rarely. Women have to deal with this sort of thing frequently, only charity workers don't get mad if you turn them down.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:25 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah... one problem with that. It turns out they just edited out all the white guys: http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/20 ... d_out.html

Not that a woman should need to change her actions... I just don't think we should fool ourselves into thinking this is a problem caused by "scroungy losers."
I didn't see any well dressed educated black men, Jewish men, Asian men or Hispanic men doing this either. And they are very abundant in NYC.
I didn't see Asian or Jewish men, period, for that matter. Asians make up %10 of NYC's population. Jews make up %20.

Why are you assuming these were well dressed, educated white men? If there were so few they couldn't find any good shots, it must have been fewer than 20. Plenty of scrub white dudes hanging around too.

RSDTyler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:27 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
Quote:
it actually makes her seem like a low down bitch cause she's getting offended
I know when I walk down the street and those charity workers try to get my attention in a way that doesn't seem entirely consensual, it makes me uncomfortable and I get quickly pissed off, especially if they start walking down the street following me. Then there are their obvious attempts at "rapport building" (I know what you want motherfucker, tell me what the charity is and what you want me to donate).

I'm an introverted guy and I hate being bothered in this way by someone who is pretending to be interested in me but actually only wants me for one thing. I find it very uncomfortable. But I have to deal with it rarely. Women have to deal with this sort of thing frequently, only charity workers don't get mad if you turn them down.
but did you make a videos about it? i understand what they'e going through but what she did was different

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:55 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
thats true, everything you said is what i thought, i have amazing day game but horrible night game mainly because i noticed body language...i consider myself an educated well dressed guy,
They can learn what you have. You dress well, which means you care about yourself and the impression you initially make on others. You have good manners, which doesn't require education, but they're often found together. Catcalling is bad manners, and projects a poor first impression. It's not hard to figure out. These guys are just choosing to behave in a way that is not cool.
Quote:
but i just HATE seeing guys try and just be nice to a girl who's apparently dressing in a way to attract guys and she treats it as guys being thirsty or annoying
She's not just looking for *any* guy though. And it's not "trying to be nice". How many of these guys do you imagine just spill compliments out to strangers all the time? Probably just about never. These aren't compliments, so much as solicitations in the wrapping of a compliment. And its done in a tactless way.
Imagine someone came up to you and said "Wow, for a fat guy you look pretty good in that shirt!" would you consider that a nice compliment? I would find it insulting just by the way it's delivered.
If you're really "being nice" you should be trying to make that person happier. If most women respond poorly to being catcalled(and they do), then you pretty quickly learn this is not in fact "nice", as it harms more women's mood than it improves.

When I was in school several guys I knew shaved their beard. I told 3-4 of them they looked a lot cleaner and younger afterwards. It was meant as a compliment, but I could tell they did not like it. I stopped saying it. Yes, I really did intend to say something nice, but it was not taken that way, several times. So I don't say that anymore, though I continue to think it. That's what any reasonable adult ought to do.

RSDTyler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:03 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

ok true that makes perfect sense

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:18 am 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
Catcalling is bad manners, and projects a poor first impression. It's not hard to figure out. These guys are just choosing to behave in a way that is not cool.
That's perfectly expressed.

The video is an attempt at consciousness raising, to show the experience someone has which you may not be aware of. Not all of it is harassment, but some of it definitely is i.e. try to interact with someone, get a bad reaction that says they want you to leave them alone, and then keep pushing it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:46 am 
Dedicated Member

I've been part of a discussion on Youtube. I made the comment:

"I don't think it's wrong to talk to women in any context as long as you try to interact with them like a human being, it is possible to do this and hit on them at the same time"

Both the women having the argument with most of the other guys thumbed this comment up. So they have no problem being hit on in the right way.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:34 pm 
Ask a mod for a custom title

Quote:
I've been part of a discussion on Youtube. I made the comment:

"I don't think it's wrong to talk to women in any context as long as you try to interact with them like a human being, it is possible to do this and hit on them at the same time"

Both the women having the argument with most of the other guys thumbed this comment up. So they have no problem being hit on in the right way.

Let's be real here...If any of these guys had approached her respectfully, would she treat them as a human being with respect back? No. So I have no sympathy for women who get catcalled when women don't give men respect when they get respectfully approached. If someone did a video where an ugly guy dressed like crap, approached women with respect, it would show women not even acknowledging his presence and treating him like shit. So if men get no respect based on their appearance, why should women? Are the women saying , hey let's treat people like human beings and give them respect? No. This is just feminist bs.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:28 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
Let's be real here...If any of these guys had approached her respectfully, would she treat them as a human being with respect back? No. So I have no sympathy for women who get catcalled when women don't give men respect when they get respectfully approached. If someone did a video where an ugly guy dressed like crap, approached women with respect, it would show women not even acknowledging his presence and treating him like shit. So if men get no respect based on their appearance, why should women? Are the women saying , hey let's treat people like human beings and give them respect? No. This is just feminist bs.
Not sure what you're going on about here. She's moderately attractive and dressed decently. Not like crap. If a guy in form fitting(plain) clothes who's sort of nice looking approaches a bunch of random women in a respectful way, he'll be treated politely in the vast majority of cases.

RSDTyler