PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:02 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

So for the past month now I've been suffering physically due to a knee injury that was never fully recovered and now a shoulder one. Here's what happened w/ each:

Left Knee
>year ago due to overuse of legs
>leg workouts every day due to right wrist issue
>after beating 1-mile time my knee swells up
>need to wear brace and foam roll ALL THE TIME (no longer brace)
>patella is closer to joint cavity on one side
>possibly due to tight IT band or an issue w/ ligament/tendon that needs constant relief

Right Shoulder
>begin this year w/ a VERY SLOW gradual increase in weight for compound movements
>one day my shoulder is feeling a somewhat dull but noticeable pain
>next day my shoulder is bothering me something VERY noticeable
>now there is a click/snap/pop whenever I adduct my arm after raising it laterally

I have x-rays of both and am determined to have them fixed by seeing an Orthopedic surgeon. If anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it.

PS I've been eating a healthy diet (almost manically) while taking Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM, Super Cissus (I'm out now), and being already very lean weight doesn't seem to be an issue causing these things.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:04 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

21yo ex semi prof soccer player here. Ive played numerous sports for 10 years now, and I've had numerous injuries and problems... i kinda know where your coming from

Ive never had any knee problems so i can't help you there for the moment sorry!

but as for shoulder, i tore my rotator cuff when i was 17 doing weights - yes, bad form over time and gradual tear.
dull and noticeable pain rings a bell with this injury. and i remember hearing a few small cracking and popping noises. Im not a physiotherapist but i thought id just share with you my experience and give some friendly advice!

The last thing you want to is go into the surgery room. Seriously.
I spent a good 6 months in physio and relearning shoulder movements and finally starting to gym again using the shoulder. long story short, i got a real good physio and we managed to let it heal over time, whilst relearning movements and starting to gym all over again. It was a long process (6-12 months) but i can finally say it is functioning great and i am still gaining at the gym now!

bottom line advice: don't go surgery - only as last resort. see a decent physio - plenty of sh1t ones out there so do your homework, get some scans done... whatever is suggested by your GP ( i got ultra sounded twice to be sure). and rest up for a while until you get the above^ done.

feel free to pm if you got anything else to ask... shoulder is one of the most frustrating injuries I've ever had.