Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:37 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I'm repeating it because it it important, your iether not getting what I'm saying or I'm wording it improperly so let me try this again.

1. Stop worrying about looking like a bodybuilder. People are always worried about looking like one that they think certain workout makes them look like one.
Example my coworker ask me about my workout routine and I showed him layne norton phat. And first thing he said is "I don't want to look like that though".
I use the program and once I reach my goal I'll still use it but eat maintenance. That will stop building muscle and keep the weight I want to be at.
Does that make sence? I'm saying workout like a bodybuilder if your up for it or do 3days 1 hour a day if you want. I was just saying that working out like a bodybuilder with your nutrition on check will get you to your goal faster.

And for weight loose, nutrition is key, if your not eating deficit you can workout as hard as you want you won't loose weight.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have done that before, Im not a body builder and dont want to be one, but buidling muscle takes alot of hard work and pain, and I didnt notice any improvement in my clothes or anything else.

I think u need to do all three together to lose fat and gain muscle.

Most of us have time to do two of the three, eat right and exercise. gotta watch the calores and the scale.

I hope you understand that looking like a body builder takes YEARS and dedication. You can work out like a pro, eat like a pro and do everything like a pro but unless you keep doing the same thing for years you won't look like them.

If your that serious about pushing your body to it's best or to that ideal body that you want I'd recomend doing what bodybuilders do. Then when you hit that goal maintain it. I'm no fan of steroids and such though so if it has a side effects I'd avoid it. If that you then well that's you.

And actually you can't build muscle and loose weight. That's a misconception.
In order for you to build muscle you need excess calories(keeping in mind ur macros)
In order for you to loose weight you need to be in deficit. So it's not possible to do both.

If your not a fan of bulk/cut method like me you could do clean bulk. Which requires eating SMALL amount over maintenance like. Slow progress but you'll be lean mean machine throughout the year lol

And it all requires dedication. Are you being consistent with your workout and eating/calorie?

Just in case you missed my post. Eating all the healthy food can still make you fat/stall progress if your eating over maintenance.

If your motivated to do this I cab give you a breakdown on what you need nutrition wise.

Just put in your height, weight and age. What's your goal?
My goal is to weigh what I weighed in high school. Im not real fat, but my theory is if I havent grown since high school i should be able to weight what I did in high school, or at least be in the ball park.

But i dont think you are reading my posts, you keep repeating the same thing, Im not interested in bodybuilding. And really, unless you weight train with alot of passion and authority, it doesnt do much for you. You have to kill it for it to do anything, like exhausting the muscle.

I actually have a naturally muscluar look in the arms and shoulders, people think i work out when they see me in a tank, but I dont do a damn thing.

But like most men and especially men getting older, the weight piles up in the gut

If I lost 25 pounds 24 would probably come from my gut, the rest of me is relatively thin, except for slight pudging in lower chin.

But chicks dig me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:35 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Quote:
I'm repeating it because it it important, your iether not getting what I'm saying or I'm wording it improperly so let me try this again.

1. Stop worrying about looking like a bodybuilder. People are always worried about looking like one that they think certain workout makes them look like one.
Example my coworker ask me about my workout routine and I showed him layne norton phat. And first thing he said is "I don't want to look like that though".
I use the program and once I reach my goal I'll still use it but eat maintenance. That will stop building muscle and keep the weight I want to be at.
Does that make sence? I'm saying workout like a bodybuilder if your up for it or do 3days 1 hour a day if you want. I was just saying that working out like a bodybuilder with your nutrition on check will get you to your goal faster.

And for weight loose, nutrition is key, if your not eating deficit you can workout as hard as you want you won't loose weight.
Quote:
Quote:

I hope you understand that looking like a body builder takes YEARS and dedication. You can work out like a pro, eat like a pro and do everything like a pro but unless you keep doing the same thing for years you won't look like them.

If your that serious about pushing your body to it's best or to that ideal body that you want I'd recomend doing what bodybuilders do. Then when you hit that goal maintain it. I'm no fan of steroids and such though so if it has a side effects I'd avoid it. If that you then well that's you.

And actually you can't build muscle and loose weight. That's a misconception.
In order for you to build muscle you need excess calories(keeping in mind ur macros)
In order for you to loose weight you need to be in deficit. So it's not possible to do both.

If your not a fan of bulk/cut method like me you could do clean bulk. Which requires eating SMALL amount over maintenance like. Slow progress but you'll be lean mean machine throughout the year lol

And it all requires dedication. Are you being consistent with your workout and eating/calorie?

Just in case you missed my post. Eating all the healthy food can still make you fat/stall progress if your eating over maintenance.

If your motivated to do this I cab give you a breakdown on what you need nutrition wise.

Just put in your height, weight and age. What's your goal?
My goal is to weigh what I weighed in high school. Im not real fat, but my theory is if I havent grown since high school i should be able to weight what I did in high school, or at least be in the ball park.

But i dont think you are reading my posts, you keep repeating the same thing, Im not interested in bodybuilding. And really, unless you weight train with alot of passion and authority, it doesnt do much for you. You have to kill it for it to do anything, like exhausting the muscle.

I actually have a naturally muscluar look in the arms and shoulders, people think i work out when they see me in a tank, but I dont do a damn thing.

But like most men and especially men getting older, the weight piles up in the gut

If I lost 25 pounds 24 would probably come from my gut, the rest of me is relatively thin, except for slight pudging in lower chin.

But chicks dig me.
You are still not understanding. When I say I dont want to be a bodybuilder, that means, not only do i not want to look like one, I dont want to do the workouts.

That is alot of work, and theres still the rest of the game to be doing, and of course making a living, and then spenind time with the women u get

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:57 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I also said that OR you could work out 3 days a week 1 hour a day.

A good routine range from 3-5 days a week. 1 hour a day. Your workout should not last more than 1 hour. Not counting cardio if you do that at the same time. If your spending more than 1 hour lifting weights them your iether doing too much or too much doing other stuff.

My routine finish in 30-45 minutes depending on what body parts I'm working out.

As far as time. You just have to manage you time better, im not saying your not but perhaps prioritizing what you want. Were all in the same boat here. I have a mortgage to pay and goingto school full time. Yet I still have time to have a life aside from gaming and working out. Not to mention my hobbies are cars and motorcycle which takes a lot of my time.

I'm sure plenty of pua here has wu more stuff going on for them.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

But chicks dig me.
You are still not understanding. When I say I dont want to be a bodybuilder, that means, not only do i not want to look like one, I dont want to do the workouts.

That is alot of work, and theres still the rest of the game to be doing, and of course making a living, and then spenind time with the women u get

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:36 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
Lode, I'm really interested in a raw food diet. I want to first detoxify my body and was thinking of trying that sticky thread in the naturals subforum for 10 days, which consists of veggies, fruits and some nuts I believe, but afterwards I want to make a lifestyle change in order to improve my mood and my overall being. So, is there any books or websites you recommend for me and others to look deeper into this? I'm not sure if you have a main thread discussing that diet, but I really want to stop eating unhealthy food that seems to be everywhere I go. I will also work to adjust the diet to my fitness and bodybuilding needs
I like david mercola stuff, especially his interviews with other Ph and MD s. There are so many books written on raw food diets however most of them are crap because they mainily contain recipes instead of reliable simplified scientific data.

Your diet should be mainly greens.. like raw spinach etc, then comes fruit - it's important to look which products contain pesticides.. you can google a list of most pesticide loaded foods. Seeds are important , especially sunflower seeds.. just throw them in a coffee grinder and mix them in a bowl with yoghurt or soy yoghurt - throw in some extra sunflower oil and flax seed oil and you are set. potatoes are unreliable foods - it's way better to eat sweet potatoes because they contain amazing amounts of vitamin A which are highly anti-oxidant - don't forget to cook the skin as well because it contains most vitamin A. Every products containing vitamin A can be cooked because heat increases vitamin A bio-availability - other veggies should be eaten raw.

Buy some organic eggs and put them in a blender with a banana and raw milk ( organic ). L-Cystine is a rare amino acid and raw eggs are the only food source that contains enough natural cystine... raw eggs are amazing sources of proteine, choline and amino acids.

Go to the store... just buy fruits and alot of greens...which ones to buy ? well kale contains amazing amounts of calcium, magnesium and vitamin K. Carrots and sweet potato contain amazing amounts of vitamin A... raw spinach contains of minerals and nitrate. You want to buy superfoods who contain alot of vitamins And anti-oxidants.... strawberries may be nice in taste but they do not contain alot of vitamins - when it comes to nutrient content you need to get superfoods which are packed with nutrients.

WHfoods.org is a good place to start.. you can get some info about foods and their properties. i make a post about foods soon

questions about herbal medicine here-vp582526.html#582526

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:31 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Thanks Lode, I started using a juicer now and will use it every day to get those delicious nutrients in. I've looked up all the popular superfoods mentioned by david wolfe. Interesting stuff. I'm also researching herbs and spices like turmeric which seem very powerful and scientific studies keep demonstrating the benefits of these superfoods even though people have know for thousands of years. It's a shame healthy eating is not popular in the west. There is no awareness at all. I'm looking into cacao (raw chocolate) and goji berries. Wouldn't mind healthy snacks to replace the common ones.

@Skills here is bill star's 5x5 program http://madcow.hostzi.com/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

It's for intermediates and there is an advanced variation so probably not recommended for the purpose of this thread. I like lifting programs that are efficient and don't take many days out of the week since people are busy with work and other things plus you need time to sarge as well. I also love HIIT (High intensity Interval training) cause it's so effective and it only takes about 15 minutes of your time.

I recommend people starting out on weights to focus on compound lifts and make sure you use good form and posture for each exercise!!! It's important to prevent injury and work the muscles better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:18 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:

But chicks dig me.
Soooo.... If you don't want the bodybuilder look.... Oh, I don't know.... Don't train like a bodybuilder.

Split your lifting days into something like upper body, lower body, and full body. Utilize circuit training. Then do 3 days of HIIT (there's TWO I's in it, for everyone who keeps say "hit") or actually any kind of cardio you want. HIIT just burns fat faster, but if you don't want to do that, then don't. Do something that you'll enjoy. Don't let us tell you what to do. If you want to swim, swim. If you want to go for a jog, go for a damn jog. Play a pickup game of basketball. Just get moving every single day. The best form of exercise is the one you love.

As for Skills, yes, diet is essential, not the absolute key, but definitely part of the lifestyle. There are three EQUAL parts: exercising, nutrition, and rest. And no, this is not a method. At all. You're just using other peoples programs, so of course you'll get results, but in no way should the success be attributed to you unless you did something totally and completely different, which, you didn't. You just moved on to another workout program that someone else designed...

"The society that separates scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." - Thucydides

Seize the day with love

Sometimes you succeed, and sometimes you learn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:19 pm 
The name of the mothefucking game

Quote:
Quote:

But chicks dig me.
Soooo.... If you don't want the bodybuilder look.... Oh, I don't know.... Don't train like a bodybuilder.

Split your lifting days into something like upper body, lower body, and full body. Utilize circuit training. Then do 3 days of HIIT (there's TWO I's in it, for everyone who keeps say "hit") or actually any kind of cardio you want. HIIT just burns fat faster, but if you don't want to do that, then don't. Do something that you'll enjoy. Don't let us tell you what to do. If you want to swim, swim. If you want to go for a jog, go for a damn jog. Play a pickup game of basketball. Just get moving every single day. The best form of exercise is the one you love.

As for Skills, yes, diet is essential, not the absolute key, but definitely part of the lifestyle. There are three EQUAL parts: exercising, nutrition, and rest. And no, this is not a method. At all. You're just using other peoples programs, so of course you'll get results, but in no way should the success be attributed to you unless you did something totally and completely different, which, you didn't. You just moved on to another workout program that someone else designed...

thanks for clarifying! for a while i thought i designed those workouts, thanks again... :roll:

Dancefloor/Club game youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/dancefloorseduction

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:29 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But chicks dig me.

thanks for clarifying! for a while i thought i designed those workouts, thanks again... :roll:
Hahahahaha good one bro

"The society that separates scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." - Thucydides

Seize the day with love

Sometimes you succeed, and sometimes you learn.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:29 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Speed
Most sports and activities require some form of speed. Even long distance running often requires a burst of speed to finish the race ahead of your competitors. Speed is defined as the ability to move a body part quickly. Speed is not always about how quickly you can move your whole body from A to B. It also relates to body parts. For example, when playing golf, the speed of your arms and upper body in creating the swing are vital in driving the ball over a long distance.
Reaction Time
Reaction time is how quickly your brain can respond to a stimulus and initiate a response. This is important in most sports. The most obvious being responding to the gun at the start of a race, but also a goalkeeper saving a penalty, or a badminton player reacting to a smash shot. The examples in sport are endless!
Agility
Being agile is all about being able to change your direction and the speed at which you are travelling, quickly and efficiently. This is common in sports such as football and rugby where the player with the ball dodges a defender, or in badminton or tennis, moving around the court quickly to reach the shuttlecock/ball in time.
Balance
Balance is the ability to maintain equilibrium whilst stationary, or moving. Balance whilst moving is often called dynamic balance. Balance is important in all kinds of sporting situations, most noteably in gymnastics and ballet but also contact sports where having good balance may prevent you being tackled to the floor! Balance is linked to agility, as in order to quickly and efficently change direction you must be balanced.
Coordination
Coordination is the ability to use the body parts and senses together to produce smooth efficient movements. We have all seen someone who is uncoordinated, their movement looks awkward and shaky. Being co-ordinated is vital in all sports, for example hand-eye coordination in racket sports and the co-ordination to use the opposite arm and leg when sprinting.
Power
Power is the product of strength and speed. When we perform a task as quickly and as forcefully as we can, the result is powerful. For example, a sprint start, a shot-put or javelin throw or long-jump.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:46 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Make abiding that the goals that you cover as allotment of your exercise accepted are astute and achievable. The exercise goals can be simple such as walking 30 account circadian or accretion the reps of your backbone training exercises.