PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:38 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Ok I know there are multiple threads on this forum about this topic. However most of them haven't really gotten it completely down. Or at least it has left me wanting more or being to...well vague. Recently I read a thread saying that game doesn't really relate to high school. And I believe scripted game doesn't relate to high school. I know half of the openers won't work because well sarging doesn't work in high school. Due to cliques it's near impossible to just walk up to a random group and start talking to them. I've observed both from a distance and first hand that they tend to shut out people that they don't perceive belong in the group. However I think that it doesn't mean that gaming is out of the question in high school. I just believe it's going to have to be severely calibrated. I also believe only natural game works in this setting. No scripted material, and no routines. However past this I'm stuck I don't really know what to do. After all going with the whole cliques thing I can't just get up and walk to some random girl without being blown away.

So I guess all and all I would love to at least get some input on how I should go about this, and also I would love to hear your opinion about gaming in high school.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:08 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I am also currently in highschool but i do advise that u dont game at your own school especially if you are stil new to pickup like myself.

It becomes far harder to portray that u are 'externally unaffected' since you might hav to face that person on several occasions throughout your school career.. But thats just my opinion :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:40 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Yh the OP is sort of right about not approaching a group set - but why not open a single set or one where she is with one of her female friend? Much easier than opening a group of people. Also social proof is vital in School Game, the more people that you know the better! First thing you need to do is make a very big social circle - and things will be a lot easier.

Oh and abut being unaffected - well if you;re mature enough and confident enough it shouldnt matter how many times you see the person you failed to game - cause it should not discourage you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:15 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I hadn't even thought of the social proof aspect.

Thanks.

I've always complained about the clique mentality & how hard school game was, but I've now learned it's easier, but slower, to try meeting new girls through your circle of friends.

BTW: The early years of college are pretty much the same, game-wise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:09 am 
New to MPUA Forum

You're totally right! If you have a big social circle you can sarge the girls from that circle. However I know a lot guys and they don't know any girls, so the question is how can you meet a totally strange girl? Situational opener @ 2set? Cause the group thing is fucking dangerous. I crashed & burned a few times and now my chances with those girls and probably their friends are gone. Even if they see that I'm a cool guy after all they still remember the moment I crashed. It's sort of like getting out LJBF-zone. = Impossible. Anyone knows how to successfully sarge @ school?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:10 am 
New to MPUA Forum

@sugarfree I understand were your coming from as it is now I can't act extremely unaffected since I never was like that in the beginning. I've been in this school for so long I have a reputation its not a bad one though just not one were I'm going to be able to pull of extremely unaffected. And with face that person I really don't care I only have a half year left of my high school career so it doesn't really matter to me that much.

@Angelz Ya I think I'll try that opening one girl or something in my class that is at least familiar with me. And ya I understand that social proof is what is needed which I am at least blessed with due to the friends i have...the thing is for the longest time I was more of a beta male but I'm working on that.

@CJ 77 that sounds like its probably easier I'll try that thanks

@zack89 I know where your coming from man, though my best friend is pretty much a natural and really save for me most of his friends are girls so I can always meet new girls. However I think that girls in your class is probably your best bet after all you've got something at least in common and most of the time their not in their group. For the openers man I wouldn't be able to tell you usually I just try to use something thats going on. Though today in art class while bored I said to the girl next to me "I wonder why mcdonalds don't serve hot dogs" (credit for this line doesn't belong to me). It was random but she laughed and asked why I made up a story and asked what did she think and got her talking pretty well. I can't say if it was just because of the situation or what but it worked.