Post subject: Bar opener for 2+ sets
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:57 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Approach the set and tell them that you and your friends are having a debate and would like their opinion. When they say yes, you tell them that you have to make it quick because it's a contest to see who can reach 25 votes for their side first (time constraint). As you say this, sit down with the group (if it is a seated group) so you're not towering over them. DO NOT SIT DOWN BEFORE THE TIME CONSTRAINT!

You then explain the debate to them:

I like to start off by saying, "so here's the scenario: two guys are in a bar. To keep things anonymous, let's call this bar ... *pause* ______ (the name of the bar you are in). One guy is wearing a backpack and the other is wearing DJ style headphones around his neck, and he is clearly not the DJ for the night. Which of these guys is least likely to get laid tonight?

*Note: it's important to choose a side before approaching the set, so any debating you do with the set comes off as natural.

After they all pick their side, you remind them of your time constraint. You all know what to do from this point.

Good luck fellas,
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:19 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

What kind of bars do u go to where they let you bring backpacks in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:56 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

The kind of bars that are situated in northern Ontario - tough selection, i know. you're missing the point though, you can do this with anything .. Make fun of the guy with the highly unoriginal popped collar and 'my new haircut' get-up. All routines should be kept flexible enough for any situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:46 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

yeah i see wat ur sayin...though i wuldnt call poppin my collar n spikin my hair peacockin....more douchebaggin lol...like peacockin is meant to stand out, none of those kind of guys stand out ha ha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:03 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Really not a very strong opener. No investment and interest/ engagement from her at all.
I think you're trying WAY too hard with openers, keep them simple. Theres nothing wrong with a good obersavtional opener.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:33 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

True, but here's the problem. Situational openers are often really hard to think of when you're staring at a group of hot girls and just want a way in there.

I think simple can be good. But the hotter the girls are...the harder it is to go in with a simple situational opener unless you're got good looks on your side.

It's the sad truth.

There is another way. It should be used sparingly...for those times when you want to actually have "fun" :) when you go out and open.

Here's a video of it in action: pumaskills. com/hiroshimaopener

It may catch you by surprise, but I think you'll like it.

http://pumaskills.com/at/go.php?c=pickupartistforum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:23 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
I think you're trying WAY too hard with openers, keep them simple.
I disagree. The fact that it's a situational/opinion opener that can be tailored to unique situations is what is going to make you look unique to the set.

Simple openers are problematic:
- there is a better chance that someone else has already said it
- even if the set hasn't heard it before, there's a good chance that the set is going to interpret it as a pick up attempt.

Let's do a scenario against the infamous "did you see the fight outside?" opener. This simple opener, although it has been used successfully many times, is flawed. The first problem is that fights occur everywhere - therefore, there's a good chance that the set has been subjected to this question (regardless of whether or not the previous time was a pick up attempt or not). This immediately makes the opener less interesting - new experiences, i.e. conversations that are completely unique, are stimulating to the mind - the result is that you're more likely to end up stimulating her other body parts later :wink: Second, the set is going to wonder why you're so anxious to talk to them about a fight .. either you're trying to pick up or you're a ufc enthusiast. Some would argue that the set could just see you as a guy who likes to talk to random people. This is true - HOWEVER, an opinion opener is much more playful and IS LESS LIKELY to come across as a pick up.

Quote:
No investment and interest/ engagement from her at all.
Granted - but that is why mid-game was invented, my friend. The idea is to build comfort first, then increase the target's investment.