PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:12 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

JUST GO PRACTICE SHIT

EDIT: Fine, here are some other ideas:

1. Go out with a buddy, but give him all your cash. Give him half a dozen five dollar bills and tell him you don't get any of that cash to spend on booze at first. Each approach gets you $5.

2. Stop jerking off. You don't get off unless a woman is doing it for you.

3. Hit the gym, find out what your max lifts are and make it a goal to up them by 50lbs.

4. Do the rookie mission that is literally stickied in this forum.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:59 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
JUST GO PRACTICE SHIT
I will. I think I just figured out what to do.

This is what I'm going to explore: Create some kind of "inner game" program on my own where I apply the therapeutic techniques I learn in my education, there are a lot of really cool exercises to self-therapy, and adjust them to specifically address my sticking-points in pickup.

I have a book that is going to be my "pickup self-therapy journal," and every day I'm going to give myself a creative in-field challenge and write something at the end of the day about what worked and what didn't to keep track of my progress, and then I'm going to use these self-exercises to break down the barriers, every day, one by one. Like today I really wanted to go out alone and practice pickup. Why didn't I? Because of fear. How can I pick that fear apart and then go out and do it? Lots of possibilities. Or yesterday. That beautiful girl on the bus I wanted to talk with but didn't. Why didn't I? How I can work with that regret so that next time I actually do it? Lots of possibilities. Or why don't I go and talk with that girl that I like so much working in my neighbourhood grossery-store? How can that resistance be broken down so that I actually go and do it? Lots of possibilities. This therapy-form I'm studying is all about becoming authentic about who you really are and want to do, and since I didn't follow what I really wanted to do in those situations I wasn't being authentic with myself, but I will do exercises, reflections and in-field challenges every day so that every day I can act more and more authentic to what I actually want to do in those situations. It starts tomorrow.

EDIT: And tomorrow's first challenge is going to be: Call my cute 6'er female friend who seems to be turned on by me (we use to cuddle when we hang out) and invite her over and see how far I can escalate.

With my tendency towards passivity I just create alot of doubt about a situation like that, like will I destroy the friendship if we escalate (we're not even close friends, she lives far away, but for some reason she is home for a month), or is she really hot enough for me (I can get extremly picky in my passivity).

So I need give my self challenges like that every day, instead of just walking around thinking about it.

EDIT NR 2: Yes, I know I'm crazy, but thanks for putting up with me, hehe :D

So this therapeutic tradition I'm training in is called gestalttherapy, and they have applied it to many different fields, like coaching where they call it gestaltcoaching, and I have even heard they've applied it to improvtheater to coach improv-artists into becoming better improvisers and there they call it improvgestalt. So I'm going to try it out as "gestalt-gaming." How to gestalt your sticking-points in game.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:56 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

You are making this tougher than it has to be.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:50 pm 
Dedicated Member

Holy crap man, this is wayyy too complicated. Be careful going into psychotherapy, I think a lot of therapists get too much inside their own head...

All you need to do is pick X place, go there, and chat with people. Preferably find local events or places where there will be lots of people, and you can slip in and out easily like a mall or a festival or something.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:23 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Thanks for helping me bringing this back down to earth, your comments helps a lot in bringing in a healthy perspective.

At the same note I also have to say this stuff works. It helps me pick my social anxiety apart so I can go out alone without feeling like a loser. Like today I went to the local movie club alone, and instead of feeling like a social retard, I actually managed to get a social circle going around myself, and even an ex-lover of mine came and joined and when we went into the movie-room she sat herself next to me. At that point my body was freezing up and I went into my usual "fight-or-flight" kind of mode, but with these techniques I managed to make my body feel relaxed again, and my focus could go back to the movie instead of being stressed-out about the girl sitting next to me. After having calmed down I figured she is not as attractive as she used to be, and I didn't bother to flirt or escalate or anything, but now I know better how to get out of this "freezing up" thing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:28 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Reflecting back on all this I'm realizing my biggest sticking point is probably all the generalized implications caused by a strong case of social anxiety. I've had a much worse case of it than I realized. Fortunately it is on recess thanks to therapy. I'm not as stuck in passivity as I thought I was. What I have been stuck in is all the terrible emotions that I associate with pickup scenarios. Been doing a few attempts at approaching every day now this whole week, and someone here said they liked to call it "gliding into a woman's life" instead of "approaching" because that had a much more positive ring to it. I'm amazed at the positivity I get when I open a woman successfully. It is so easy to feel, when you come from a scarcity mindset, that when you approach you have to heavily overcompensate and in that way I usually put way too much pressure on the situation long before I even go into it. So steadily I'm working on diffusing this pressure and re-programming myself to view this whole thing in a much more fun and relaxed light.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:24 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Was out today daygaming with a wing-man and I approached and spoke with more than 10 women (only 3-4 of them were attractive). Didn't try to get any numbers. We did some David Deida meditation techniques before we went out, and it made me feel really grounded throughout the session. The whole thing felt like a good session of physical exercise. I think soon I will be able to do this alone AND feel comfortable about it.