PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:48 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

The Hollywood Reporter recently reported that James Franco is in talks to play Erik Von Markovik, aka “Mystery” in a film adaption of Neil Strauss’ book The Game.

According to Movie Insider, MGM owns exclusive rights to the film. It is in pre-production, to be directed by Brian Koppelman and David Levien.
Quote:
Synopsis: A man attempts to learn the tricks to becoming a successful pick-up artist for master teacher Mystery, even moving into a Sunset Strip mansion filled with other competing players to find love.
This is not the first time The Game has been tried to make into a film adaption. Rumors first surfaced in 2006.

It wasn’t until 2010 that the first “pick up artist” movie came out: Let the Game Begin was a coming-of-age film that reminded me of American Pie meets Hitch. The main character uses pick-up techniques taught to him by a Don Juan to attract women. Coincidentally he uses the same techniques to secure investors for a business he is trying to start to get away from his nagging, gold-digging (but incredibly attractive) wife. It is definitely a film made for fans.

An official film adaption of The Game never got the green light until now.

MGM is most famous for producing the 007 James Bond series. I am interested to see how they develop the movie– will it be a drama? Comedy? The action of bar fights? If they can pull this movie off, I will be the first in line to pay my $12 to see it in theatres!

What Does This Mean For Pick Up Artists?

Like VH1′s The Pick Up Artist, the film would expose the techniques and lines that old-school pick up artists use every weekend.

This is all the more reason to change the way you play your game. Men who want to attract women need to understand how the game works before they can develop a strategy. Like poker or stock trading, having a playing strategy that you read out of a book can earn you a few quick bucks. Those who truly take the time to understand the inner workings become the true profiteers. Strategies only work until the trend changes. And when it does, your system suddenly stops working.

As men dedicated to understanding female attraction, we always need to be developing our fundamentals.

Health, Wealth and Relationships.

Build a lifestyle that focuses on all 3 of these, and attracting a woman will become a natural result.

I recently watched Eben Pagan’s series of videos called Self Made Wealth. Eben Pagan is otherwise known as David DeAngelo, author of Double Your Dating.

I had an “aha” moment when Eben says that, “Money is an effect, not a cause.” The reason why so many people are poor is because that believe that money is a cause.
Quote:
“I need more money so I can pay the bills.”

“If I had money, I could purchase that house!”
The same applies to most men’s logic with women.
Quote:
“I need to get a girl so I can get laid.”

“I want to attract a woman so I can be happy.”
Just like money, women are an EFFECT. We need to reverse our thinking to attract women into our life. Here is what our core beliefs should be.
Quote:
“I’m going to be happy so I can attract more women into my life.”

“Women will see me smile all the time and naturally gravitate towards me.”

“I’m going to try new things so I can meet more people– and possibly my next girlfriend.”
This is the core of “natural game” and the secret sauce that triggered me to write The 6-Hour Seduction.When we take the path towards obtaining wealth, improving our appearance and increasing our social status, confidence and happiness will naturally fall into place.

Source: http://www.newdatingsystem.com/blog/jam ... -the-game/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:06 am 
New to MPUA Forum

James Franco is possibly the WORST choice to play Mystery. wasn't he voted "sexiest man" or something, and sooo wouldn't casting him completely defeat the purpose of the entire story?? They should get an actor who isn't a sex symbol at all, that way people would be more surprised/impressed by his performance (if he were to pull it off), and it would actually be realistic. Seriously what's the point of having an A-List stud play a master pick-up-artist??. Hope the movie never happens, anyways

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:24 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

They could make James Franco look goofy with ease

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:42 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

James Franco is one of my favorite actors. But he is too good looking to be this. Even when he was Saul a dirty, shaggy, long haired hippish guy in Pineapple Express girls still saw him as a sex symbol. If you mention James Franco to any girl that doesn't go to Socal they will go on about this looks.

The actor that pops into my head for this is Jason Segel. He isn't not a bad looking guy. But he isn't a sex symbol. You could see struggling with girls if he wasn't famous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:57 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Raising awareness of the pua community will change nothing. Unless people use the same routines over and over it won't anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:03 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

i think it all depends on how its marketed...

where im from in essex i know lots of natural PUA's who no nothing about PUAing and the girls they attract don't know about it either.

i go up to guys who i think are PUA's and use our terminology and the have no idea what im talking about lol...

this film may or may not expose our techniques it all depends if its made to be a rom com or advertised correctly. besides the book is based on the mystery method so if poeple only see the film it should affect our game too much unless we still use the MM.

danger lies if people start to research after seeing the movie.

but most will just think its a made up story and wont bother look into it lol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:10 am 

Even Criss Angel would be better than Franco.

My website: www.pualife.webs.com

New TWITTER account: http://twitter.com/xfman1

Facebook: xf_pua@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:31 am 
PUA Forum Leader

You can have the best pick up lines and routines in the world, but if your lifestyle is not set, your not gonna get no where with hot women. On the opposing end, you can have no pick up lines or routines, but if your just a fun guy with an attractive lifestyle, and socially intelligent, you will have hot women coming into your life without even doing an cold approach.