The keys to "owning a bar"
1. Make sure you go on the same night of the week, around the same time (hopefully getting the same staff) - if the staff knows you, you come across as a high valued male.
2. Get to the bar during non peek hours, when it isn't flooded with douche bags and posers, before 10pm, after 7pm (after work rush).
3. Make CONVERSATION, keep in mind everyone there is a "hired gun"
4. Tip BIG, atleast for the first month. 30%. Bill comes to $30? Tip $10. It will make you stand out from the rest of the 21 year old frat boys throwing down $2 tips. Note: Don't try tipping big to pick up girls, tip your male bar tenders just as much. This will also get you faster service.
5. Learn the "hired guns name" and make a point for them to learn yours, eventually they will know you as a "regular" and have your drink memorized and will adress you by name. Thus DHVing you thru the roof.
6. Bouncers on the other hand have a high turn away rate (high quit rate) don't bother wasting your time with them to much, give them respect (ID ready at the door) and they will give you respect. Also holding good body language when around them will automatically make them respect you more, thus making you look better
7: FINAL POINT: ACT AS IF YOU OWN THE MOTHER FUCKING BAR! Take the best seats, adress everyone by name as if they WERE YOUR EMPLOYEES! See some douche bags harassing a waitress or a bartender? Be an alpha (not a white night) and call them on there bs. You don't have to be a hero, just get them to calm
Down or leave.
NOTE TO ANY NEW PUA READING THIS POST, THIS IS HOW TO "OWN A BAR" NOT PICK UP WOMEN! DONT DO THIS TO TRY TO IMPRESS WOMEN!
Side note: owning a bar will automatically aid in picking up women, and in getting "hired guns"
Hope this helped, cheers!
I'd like to add a bit though... Owning a bar is all about building relationships. While bouncers have a high turnover rate they usually end up merely moving bars (you got connections at the next bar they move to), I'm all about getting in good with the door people because even if they are there 4-5 months you will still get love for a bit of time and get in free in some clubs. The door guys also set up your appearance on the walk in.
Your consistent business will help build that relationship we tend to like folks who are more familiar, people we see more often. So your repeated exposure will help.
I agree with the names especially learn their name, but just as importantly introduce yourself. Don't just be a face, be a name too. Even if they don't remember your name they'll likely remember your face and that you introduced yourself. When they don't remember your name joke about, but let them know it ain't a big deal you've forgotten names tons of times, at least they remembered your face.
Which brings me to my next point, BE MEMORABLE. Don't be memorable for bad reasons (the asshole at the bar), be memorable because you joked with them smiled and had some fun. We usually remember people we like.
If you witnessed an asshole to the bartender, take his/her side and joke about it perhaps listening to them vent for a second. Listening builds a connection, talking builds attraction (even nonsexual attraction which is what you are shooting for), you want to have both with them.
Know the patrons, while knowing employees is important, knowing the regular patrons can be just as important. I walked into a bar the other day I haven't been to in literally 6 months, I still walked in shook probably 10 people's hands, and knew 2 of the bar tenders. When I walked in with my buddies I looked like I owned the place based off of how many people I engaged in the place.
Every time you see someone you recognize greet them with a familiar "hey how you doing?" smile, rather than pass people up recognize them. People love to be recognized and remembered when you do this for people they will normally have their own memory reignited.
Your entire goal is to build lots of good relationships through out the bar. I can go to a bar I haven't been to for over a year, and most of the time the employees will remember me.
Smile at them, smile smile smile! You need to be a good memory not a bad memory if you smile they smile back and you make them feel good.
I can go to 3-4 bars and get preferred service (they pass up other folks to come to me, free or discount drinks), but go to tons more bars and know employees/patrons.
Be polite - Follow the golden rule of treat others as you would like to be treated. When it comes to bar tenders believe it or not you saying please and thank you really do stand out because a lot of folks aren't gracious or polite. When I walk up to get a glass a water I ask with a smile "May I please get a glass of water?" This doesn't mean you are submissive it means you are polite you should hold yourself confidently regardless. Trust me being polite gets a lot of love.
Owning a bar is really about bonding with the people there and building connections. It's actually quite simple but requires some social skills. When I go out with my friends I always joke that "I'm fucking famous" because I know people literally every bar we go to. It's rare when I don't know someone even if I have never been to a bar (SLC UT only a million or so folks here).
Your body language should say I'm the man as well, confident and comfortable. It should be written all over your movements, stance, posture, everything, you need to be comfortable and confident as well as a social butterfly. When you walk in to a place and shake 10 peoples hands walk up and get 2 free drinks, you know you own a spot. I put my videos on this thread if you need help with body language: alpha-body-language-video-series-vt139475.html
Peace and Love