PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:55 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

IT'S NINE O'CLOCK ON A SATURDAY, SO WHAT THE HIGH HOLY FUCK ARE YOU DOING ON THE FORUMS?

Posting. You fuckin' blind?

DON'T TAKE THAT TONE WITH ME, MOTHERFUCKER.

I'm sorry. Let's start over.

I recently had a shouting match with a bill collector that - ultimately - doesn't mean anything. Or at least it didn't until I started giving meaning to it. Then I started to check that meaning against some potential primary sources.

Did you know that bill collectors have a social script to follow? It's true. They make a pitch for a PIF (Payment in Full), they wait for the HLS (that's Hard Luck Story - they have phases and acronyms and everything), then they follow the flowchart based on the debtor's reaction.

This should sound familiar.

Everyone agrees on the first part: always ask for the full amount up front, even if the amount of the debt is far higher than what the debtor could realistically have stuffed into a mattress. The various methodologies and schools of thought diverge at this point, but here's one you can read:

http://l.b5z.net/i/u/6071580/f/New%20Do ... ns_101.pdf

It's all about how to extract the greatest amount of value possible in the shortest amount of time from a debtor. Can't get a down payment? Do a reduced down payment and an ACH.

I'm guessing Kenneth R. Besser is the David D'Angelo of bill collecting. Kenneth R. Besser is almost certainly not his real name, and I don't blame him for wrapping himself in shadows and attributing his work to the creative power of the Void rather than to an identifiable human being (I assume that Googling his name merely yields links to unfortunate potential fall guys who happen to share a similar spelling to the English approximation of his chosen R'lyehian pseudonym), but in any event I blame this guy for my current troubles no more than I blame Friedrich Nietzsche for the Holocaust, which is to say not at all. Just some dude wrote some shit and some other dudes picked it up and ran, and they were seen clutching it while wearing their stupid costumes.

That should also sound familiar.

THEM'S FIGHTING WORDS, STORMY.

No, Pickup Artist Community, of which I am a historical member (TOOT TOOT-TOOT TOOT... that's the sound of my horn blowing) and still make contact with because I believe that it serves a useful and necessary purpose, I am NOT comparing David D'Angelo, in whose name (and in the name of CF, his unfortunate Golem) an uncountable number of horribly awkward and doomed-to-fail pickups have turned into nihilistic crash-and-burn missions (David D'Angelo has repeatedly stated that he wishes he never said the words "cocky-funny," and you all already know my thoughts on the subject) to that other dude who wrote the things that didn't really cause all those other people to do all that other stuff.

I play Diplomacy, for Christ's sake. I negotiate with people I know are lying to me for a HOBBY. I understand the meaning of "all in the game."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cryMVK1PwuQ[/youtube]

But while we're on this subject (misogyny, not nihilism - we'll get to that later), there is something we need to talk about.

THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT HATE US.

Women have it tougher than ever nowadays. A full-out assault by the GOP on women's rights has, understandably, led to a spike in the feminist channels. And because we're all feminists here, we're all probably aware of both the causes and the results. Pooahs are getting lumped in with the Santorum, all puns intended.

If you want to be cynical about it, this is just a PR problem. But then again, due to our unique experience and expertise, we understand how serious "just a PR problem" is. We understand that it's usually an indication of a deeper problem.

We are "misogynists." I put it in quotes because it's not quite true, but I state it affirmatively because it is true enough to state that way. 'round these parts, "misogynist" is a VERY serious insult. It's an accusation of a violation of Leave Her Better Than You Found Her, the true First Commandment of pickup artistry. We recognize that there are misogynists in our midst. They're usually "some asshole on that other forum over there" or maybe "this guy I heard about."

We repel the label. We make a show of doing so. We know that misogyny is a very real thing, and we all know what it feels like. We hate that it is permanently attached to the perception of our identities, and we see it as a cancer on our real identities that needs to be cut out.

That's the catechism, that's the party line, and because we're awesome, that's also the truth.

The problem is there, we all know it. The devil is there, in that hole. We've got him cornered. That's the first step.

Step two is harder. Step two is our struggle.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ymBaAsSqDE[/youtube]

And speaking of juxtaposing foreign policy propaganda with domestic neglect...

Do you know how much of the New Testament is the actual words of Jesus and how much of it is just accretion? The parables are Jesus's. The Sermon on the Mount is His Greatest Hits.

But in order to be a Christian, you have to accept that Jesus was crucified and resurrected. That's stupid because it prevents me from taking the good shit in there seriously, and it's stupid because it's fucking stupid. That shit doesn't happen, but I noticed that it was necessary to rope in the future ideologues around me.

And when I was nine years old, God was the next domino to fall after Santa and the Easter Bunny. His temple, though architecturally impressive, was simply not as cool as the temple of Geoffrey the Giraffe.

Geoffrey was merely the priest; his God was Capitalism.

And I went to a Catholic school from fifth grade through twelfth grade. That was just part and parcel of being born into a middle-class Republican family in New Orleans in the early Eighties. And the result was that I became the ideological clusterfuck that is a "secular conservative."

Watch any speech by any Republican. Count the religious references.

Now imagine growing up knowing that each one of those applause-line invocations is merely a noble lie. Then meditate simultaneously upon the Third Commandment and the meaning of the word "doublethink."

I made my first call-in to Rush Limbaugh when I was twelve, and when I was seventeen, I decided that being "goth" was passe so I dressed in all white and started picking fights with anyone that looked at me the wrong way (instead of dressing in black and moping).

Everyone expected me to rebel, and I was hell-bent on proving them wrong.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g86KUHGlOg[/youtube]

I accepted the lies that I believed were necessary to the continued economic prosperity and strategic supremacy of the United States because I knew that my continued standard of living depended on them. I knew that some of them were lies when I was accepting them. And when I transferred to a scholarship-paid not-really-indoctrination-camp (MESSAGE: Go to college. Go as hard as you can. Go to the things, ALL of the things, even the ones you don't care about. Just go. But do NOT take out any loans, and remember that you're there for the understanding, not necessarily the learning).

By the time I got there, I had already internalized every lie that I believed was too blatant and impossibly huge to be false. The bigger the lie, the bigger that I believed. And in the fall semester of my Sophomore year, 9/11 happened.

Imagine being known as "the Republican" in a predominantly left-leaning college.

It's actually not all that different than being "the atheist" in a New Orleans Catholic middle and high school. Especially seeing as how they were both located in New Orleans. And Catholic. Context.

I was used to having my quills up. I was used to rationalizing justification piled on rationalization piled on perceived necessity. I survived four years of what I perceived to be liberal indoctrination, and I left with my faith in the free market intact. Everything else had long since been horse-traded, declared irrelevant, accepted as a necessary evil, or simply internalized. Doublethink was more trustworthy than second nature at this point. And I was shaking like a boxer in his tenth round.

In Fall of 2004, I started law school. Then there was a hurricane, which sucked, and then there was a market crash, which also sucked. But the the steel that made the bridges that I had built over these widening chasms were forged in the fires of arguments I thought I had won, so I charged them.

And then I couldn't get a job for like a year. That's where the debt collectors come in. And that's when I began my journey from secular conservative to unapologetic nihilist.

LET'S TALK ABOUT JAHILIYYAH FOR A SECOND.

For the benefit of all the law enforcement officers brought to this post by the use of that Arabic word right up there, I would just like to state in advance that I am using the word as an example of a virulently nasty concept whose existence shouldn't be heeded, and MOST DEFINITELY NOT some kind of cool new thing for the kids to smoke, or to get paranoid about the fact that their friends are smoking it and they're not.

For the benefit of everyone else, "Jahiliyyah" is why the 9/11 hijackers thought they were flying planes into buildings. It is the enemy that they thought they were fighting. To say that someone is infected by it is to say that they have sworn their souls to ultimate evil and must be purged from the face of existence. Which is, of course, only possible if you believe that Your God and You Alone possess the Ultimate Truth. That level of confidence is always cut with something that produces suicidal thoughts. And the fiends go for the shit that makes their hearts stop.

Believing that everyone else is infected by a mind-virus whose existence justifies flying planes into buildings is an extreme negative consequence of the thing that that we know as "social programming," To put it very mildly, it can cause one to sacrifice one's entire existence in an unwinnable war motivated by an ideological grudge against a not-really-enemy who didn't actually have a serious problem with you until you went and gone all dumbass.

Then they gotta go and declare war on the last country you were seen in to chase your stupid ass down, THEN declare war on the next bunch of motherfuckers to look at them funny because international politics is governed by prison logic and we ain't playin'.

In any event, a vote for President Obama is a turd on the grave of Osama bin Laden, and I intend to lay my shit down SIDEWAYS come election day. Motherfucker might not even fit in the bowl. This is going to be my first time voting for a Democrat for President, so I'm going to vote as hard as I can.

Which, for the further benefit of any law enforcement officers reading this, means that I, as a pickup artist, draw a direct parallel between "death to America" and "all women are bitches because they won't have sex with me." Both are bullshit for the exact same seventy-two reasons.

THIS IS GETTING DEEP, DUDE.

It is. Let's take a break for a second. Listen to this while you're doing something else. I'll be refreshing my beer and taking care of some plumbing problems.

Little issue with empty pipes.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbkcWo5I_A8[/youtube]

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:02 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

But I'll answer it anyway.
Quote:
You`ve broke the chains, haven`t you Stormy?

Don`t see the shadows in the chamber no more.
Risking being wrong here, but hey! isn`t one of the steps above?, I`d say this guy is throwing the greatest conclusions that we could arrive.
That`s not only for pick up, but for living our life.

I`d only add to the " be awesome" part, the one that includes living the moment as if were your last on this earth.
That`s involved with the enjoying the game part, couse that`s what it is; a simple game.

I now know that I have to live a lot more to get to the point you are, but don`t make any mistake: I think you are at one point were you see being wrong as not being wrong exactly. You are enjoying that experience too, as if it was an improvement. It actually is.

Statisticks rocks in order to understand some inner thoughts we have, but it takes a lot of work understand the game one runs.

You don`t actually present a method, those are more likely principles to me.
If you ask me those are the ones really worth studying.

Thanks again.
Keep up the good work.
Nope, chains are still there. I did, however, manage to twist my neck around enough to holler at the dude whose hands are making the shadow puppets. I asked him a bunch of questions about life and philosophy, and he was all like "AAAAHHHH OH MY GOD MY HANDS ARE CHAINED TOGETHER AND ON FIRE JESUS CHRIST FUCK."

It was very enlightening.
Quote:
Hi Stormy ,

I am really greatful for you for this thread, It's been pure gold. Thank you so much.

However I've few questions hope you would be able to clarify them for me.

I think being your self , being awesome and emitting good vibes is the way to go. Because you can really enjoy yourself. But let say a girl flakes on you. Since you are a such a nice person ,don't have ego and you are in a good happy mood, you check on her and invtie her again. From PUA standards this could be AFC behaviour or DLVign yourself. But you are just being you and let your emotions control you without worry about the outcome.

So you would do this until you get fed up and let it go.( But you won't be disappinted since you gave your best shot.) What's the correct way to approch this kind of situations ? Just being youself or go the PUA way and do a freeze out or something which I would hate do.

Do you think freeze outs, jealousy tatics are important provided you have good body language and you have good vibes ?

Because I don't like to hurt anyone even somebody hurts me . ( if a dog bites you , you don't go and bite the dog. )

If I am missing out something please correct me.

Thanks again for your advice.
If a girl doesn't want to have sex with me, I'm all like "alright, that's cool." Because it is.
Quote:
You're a great writer, Stormy!
First of all, thanks.

Second of all, I've made the career jump from lawyer to video editor. There's an interesting side effect of being a video editor: a profound and persistent sense of deja vu.

Deja vu: it's all fun and games until you learn what cryptomnesia is. Then you accept the fact that you will never have anything that can be considered an "original thought." All I can do is draw lines between Known Points A and B.
Quote:
Yo Stormy, just have to add that your stuff to me, like many others, is the most inspirational stuff I've read on the forum and perhaps on PUA material altogether.

Someone should build you a golden statue man!
Don't want one. Same reason Lenin didn't. A statue of me will be shat upon by pigeons while I'm right and torn down by revolutionaries when I'm wrong.

And I would like to reiterate, with no particular prompting, that I have no intention to charge money for my insights, ever.

I'm being way more nihilistic than I need to here. It's just that I've found that maintaining a tight orbit around the singularity of a conviction that nothing is true causes me to be wrong far less than I'm used to.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3I6ezmY988[/youtube]

...but I'm still adjusting.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:12 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

A couple words, actually. And another song. And a bunch of open threads that I was SO planning on talking about, but now I've got to go do laundry.

Here are the words: look deep enough inside of nothing and you will find infinite potential.

Here's the song.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtRbEgoTqQs[/youtube]

Post subject: Stormy is amazing
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:36 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Just read this 2 year thread from beginning to end and not just my pick up skills but my life in general is now better because of it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:34 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

It's a work in progress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:38 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

[quote="ShotgunTheHotOne"][quote="Stormy"][b]ATTRACTIVENESS AND BLOWOUTS[/b]

Everyone gets blown out. From the A-est of FCs to the most M-ful of PUAs, [i]everyone[/i] gets blown out. It doesn't matter what kind of opener you're using. There will be girls that don't like you. There will be girls that are having a lousy night, who aren't in a good mood, who don't want to look like a slut by letting some guy game them in front of their friends, or who otherwise just don't feel like getting hit on.

Rejection isn't personal.

It's all part of the game.

The more you get rejected, the more you get laid.[/quote]

I don't think there could possibly be a better way of looking at the situation! Serious props for this, totally inspiring![/quote]

He's back!!
I totally forgot about your motivational post, but shotgun made me remember it. It's better than anything I've ever read.

Keep it coming, Stormy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:09 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Stormy!!! Your work is amazing! I really agree with everything you've said, especially on the fact that so many "pooahs" put immense amounts of effort and energy on the opener when a simple "eyyy! *with a handshake/highfive or a cheek-to-cheek greeting (called "beso" here in the PH)*" would go so much easier rather than stressfully opening with some canned opinion opener. The whole idea of having a "natural flow of game" makes so much sense after all those topics you've covered.

However, there's just this one thing that I can't seem to fathom and understand: the game is emotional and not logical. I mean, I've been picking up girls by using mind games, and trust me they work a lot! The emotion kicks in only if I see a future relationship/fling with the girl, but other than that, I feel kind of clinical when i do these things. Any help on my situation? :D

Oh, btw. Being "technical" doesn't necessarily mean being "logical" and vice versa, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:59 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Inspirational.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:39 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Self awareness is always as important as the clothes we wear, the people we mingle and go out with and everything else for that matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:42 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Stormy great post man. You picked such important issues to talk about that really help the reader.
The writing style is awesome your thought process is awesome and you really helped me think about some new ideas. I registered to post this. I just wanted to give you support for sharing with us about therapy and dealing with mental health issues. I say shame on them to the couple of hater posters and said they liked your post up until the therapy piece. Letting us know that you're in therapy and have problems like the rest of us really supports your inner game advice and make you seem like a real person. As someone who suffered from anxiety and depression for most of his life it really hit home for me.

Post subject: re
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:01 am 
New to MPUA Forum

When your ego starts to dissolve, your priorities change. As far back as I can remember, I used to be a huge paper chaser (got my block on fire, remaining a G until the moment I expire). I was all about dolla dolla billz. I wanted a top-of-the-line car, a huge house, and five-star everything. I sacrificed my social life in college and law school to push myself as hard as I could to get that stuff. I even dumped my college girlfriend so I'd have more time to study in law school.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:08 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

im confident but im eager as hell,very lil patience,if a girl play hard 2 get or play the waiting game i loose intrest right away

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:53 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Holy hell is it good to hear that you're doing well and posting again stormy.
It's been about 4 years since I last read a new post from you, and I've gotta say it's made my day.
Im gald to see you posting more of your mind blowing meditations and look forward to reading whatelse you've got to preach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:53 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

bump for later reading.... preferably on a sunday

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:16 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

great post pal!! :)
Posting for a later reading. :)