PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:44 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

So i was doing the newbie challenge, to say hi to any random stranger with a smile, and i was also doing the rules of the game day 1 mission which was to start a conversation with any person a guy girl old anyone, just a simple chit chat. So when i got to the mall at 3:00pm i started looking for people i could start a conversation with but i said to myself that i need to set the bar high that i would be talking to hb6 above and not less than hb6. So here i am walking around thinking it was pretty easy but the AA hit me hard pretty hard, i didnt know this would happen, cause im no stranger to making a fool of myself in public with my friends. I thought it would be easy start a convo with an opinion opener what else could go wrong, but the AA was really hitting me took me an hour walking around until i needed rest went back home ate my dinner and decided that this was not an opportunity that i would miss and i hated myself for not doing it. When I arrived home my AA was fully gone and was pumped up to do it again after dinner. 6:00pm went back to the mall and AA started acting up again, i said to myself just get over the first one just dive right through rejected or not just do it. My plan was to start a convo with opinion opener and let her get to know my name get her name also simple right? But AA was such a hurdle, my mind was thinking of proper opinion openers that is needed in a situation inside the mall. So almost 30 mins passed by and i said i'd lower the bar to hb3 and 4's so it would be easier so as i was looking around for hb4's i saw this hb7 that could pass as 7.5 by looking at how well she dressed, so i had this in mind ask her an opinion about a gift that i could buy for my little sister because it was her birthday tomorrow. Then as i started to approach her she was fitting some shoes infront of a mirror while i was nearing she sat down, so i thought damn missed opportunity, but i wasnt gonna let it go i circled around so i wasnt coming from the back cause i went past her when she sat down, looked at some girly sandals and then went for it.

newbnitsuj: Hi! (barely managed to say a confident hi.)
hb7: ...
newbnitsuj: i wanted an opinion on something, (i forgot to say the time constraint stuff)
i was walking around here to find a gift for my sister
hb7: you should buy her sandals
(Im thinking. Silly me we are at a shoe center)
newbnitsuj: she is 16.(i said 16 cause i thought the hb7 was not yet in her 20's but more than 18.) do girls at 16 really like sandals? Cause she is really into accessories and stuff.
hb7: well there are also nail polishers girls love that and some bracelets.
(i was really nervous at this point and i think she could notice it so i wanted to end it there, while she was talking i said thanks so i could scram the heck out of the situation cause i was too nervous)
newbnitsuj: Thanks!
hb7: still continuing about girls stuff (i didnt notice what she was saying so i just let her finish and i said thanks again.)
newbnitsuj: Thanks! (awkwardly cause it was the 2nd time, i thought to my self this wouldnt be successful if atleast she didnt know my name and i didnt know her name).
newbnitsuj: (i gave her my hand) My name is justin, thanks for your opinion.
hb7: (gave out her hand also, never remembered if it was a firm handshake or not for IOI,then she said her name) Michelle.
Then walked out of there. so my goals were met, didnt have to settle for less than a hb5 and i was happy but not impressed with myself thinking to myself what i was a nervous wreck infront of her, the next time i should be more confident(but easier said than done). So i must go out there and do it the only way for me to be more good at becoming a PUA.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:03 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

lol, keep at it. i know what it's like. one thing i used to tell myself is...
1) If I approach and am not successful then the most that will happen is that i will not get the women.
2) If I don't approach then i will probably not get the woman.
So by not acting I'm guaranteeing the worst that can happen if i do try.

And keep in mind the approach anxiety never truly goes away. It's just a matter of dealing with it so that you can reach your goals.

Next time, if the target is receptive to your opener, just change the subject to something more interesting or logistical (like what her immediate plans are and who she's with). Ultimately you want to bounce her to a different environment like the food court or the another department or something.