Is marriage worth it?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Miscellaneous

Post subject: Is marriage worth it?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:55 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

From time to time I see articles like this:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/everyt ... 2017-03-31

stating that married people are less happy than single.

I think this might make sense with some exceptions of trully happy marriages.

Often in couple people annoy each other, try to make do what the other does not want to do or to think.

What do you think?

I myself should be thinking about marriage when I am about 30 but I do not feel like rushing.

On the other hand - I am afraid to be too late in case it is really worth (which feels less likely from what I see).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:17 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Certainly the experience of raising children with a loving spouse and keeping the flame going would have to be one of the best experiences on earth.

But to your question, I'd answer 'no.'

IMO and YMMV and all of that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:18 pm 
The Grand Puba

I'm hitting an age where many of my friends are going through a divorce or have already been divorced. As an American man, I would say marriage isn't worth it financially nor sexually. Sexually, most of the stories I've heard is that after a while, women just don't want to have sex anymore. From a financial stance, women tend not to want to marry guys that don't earn more than they do. The person that earns the least has the most to gain during a divorce. Imagine if you put $100k into your 401k and your spouse puts in $50k into hers and most states divorce laws splits everything 50/50 including those saving...who gets to make off like a bandit? It gets worse because the woman initiates the divorce most of the time. The more money she makes, the more likely she is to initiate a divorce (remember, she is still likely to make less than you). And then after all that, you may still be required to pay her alimony.

If I ever get married, it won't be registered with the government. Maybe a ceremony for friends and family but I won't go down to the courthouse to submit any paperwork.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:12 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
I won't go down to the courthouse to submit any paperwork.
Good idea. Come to think of it I've never been able to figure out why anyone would do that in the first place. A Buddhist mentor figure stated that it's because people don't trust themselves to remain faithful so they have to involve the law in the proceedings.

In some ways marriage seems to be some fucked up institution that cucks men and women over in certain ways.

At the same time, I can't be totally against the idea of a lifelong pair bond because of the children aspect - watching your kids grow up and having grandkids and all of that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:41 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
If I ever get married, it won't be registered with the government. Maybe a ceremony for friends and family but I won't go down to the courthouse to submit any paperwork.
In my country even if it is not registered, after you live x amount of year, like maybe 10 together, then it starts to count as the money are both. Not 100 % sure but heard that.

Another thing is - some people use contracts. But I did not check what they write. Or what you can write in them.

Btw some people argue that woman are paid less, they are working with kids so they cannot be as good at work, because they get tired from kids, that kind of makes some sense. So they have to be compensated.
Quote:
I'm hitting an age where many of my friends are going through a divorce or have already been divorced.
thats interesting. You mean bigger part of friends, right?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:01 pm 
Read My Book

What exactly does marriage give you with the exception of governmental benefits that you are trying to obtain than just being in a committed monogamous relationship doesn't?

What would it all be for? Just for the sake of saying you did it? To look cool/fit in?

Show Support, Buy The Book: 'The Secret Laws Of Social Wisdom - Click Here

http://www.EddieFews.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:45 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

fear. Some say that I will become one forever if I do to late. Maybe that has some consequences.

Plus others think I am masturbating if I do not have gf/wife.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:07 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I am a year about my wedding and i think it is more than just worth it ;d

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:32 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
f

Well shit, get a gf, man. Improve bedroom skills and they become obsessed with you. The recipe to attract and keep women is simple:

1. Hit the fucking gym. Build up those arms and shoulders.
2. Remain emotionally-centered (chill, slightly indifferent).
3. Remain playful with women and tease.
4. Focus on your goals.
5. Get good in bed (lead, be passionate, give orgasms, take control).

You could be a fucking janitor, and still have most any woman you wanted as long as you executed steps 1-5.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:58 am 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
fear. Some say that I will become one forever if I do to late. Maybe that has some consequences.

Chances are that you'll be masturbating again once she has you locked into marriage.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:10 am 
Dedicated Member

Yea... going to post about how many guys I know that were crushed by divorce. But, I always like taking the scientific perspective:

1) Monogamy is rare in the animal kingdom
2) I have impulses which I never chose to have (as I'm sure others do) to have sex with at least 5 different women every day
3) We can ejaculate how many times a day? And what exactly is stopping us from having sex all day long with different women? I don't see the barrier there.
4) Marriage comes from the bible, and if you take the bible in it's entirety regardless of what you believe, it is a book of principles...
5) If we were MEANT to be with 1 person ONLY, then it would be CLEAR.

Marriage doesn't make sense, unless you choose to do it and are happy that way.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:46 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
Yea... going to post about how many guys I know that were crushed by divorce.

These are weak men who don't understand how women and attraction work.

Quote:
1) Monogamy is rare in the animal kingdom

Yep. this is extremely important to recognize. I went to a club with my gf of 1.6 years last night. I dirty danced with a girl, she dirty danced with a guy, while we were right next to each other, watching each other. It was hot. I set her free whenever I can, and she does the same for me.

You have to be secure, though.

Quote:
2) I have impulses which I never chose to have (as I'm sure others do) to have sex with at least 5 different women every day
I think that's natural for when you're not getting laid regularly.

Quote:
3) We can ejaculate how many times a day? And what exactly is stopping us from having sex all day long with different women? I don't see the barrier there.
Work? Paying a mortgage?

Quote:
5) If we were MEANT to be with 1 person ONLY, then it would be CLEAR.

The only thing that is "meant to be" is either a man evolves in all aspects of his life and has women at his side he's attracted to, or he doesn't improve and he jerks off a lot and watches TV.
Quote:
Marriage doesn't make sense, unless you choose to do it and are happy that way.

Everything is an organic process. If it feels right, do it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:02 am 
PUA Forum Leader

It's not worth it. Marriage is a traditional model, and our culture has changed to the point that many traditional institutions are outdated...like slavery.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:24 am 
Dedicated Member

6) Whenever I have sex with a woman, I am less interested in having sex with her again and more interested in undressing another one. Once her clothes are off it's like the magic is gone.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:14 am 
PUA Forum Leader

That will wear off, and you'll get jaded and picky. And then it will be about finding a woman who can stimulate you mentally, and really tweak you.