Could use help with Self Image..

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Beliefs and Confidence Building, Self-Esteem, and General Inner Game

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:51 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Also, I'm considering upgrading my fashion. Hoping it will improve my Self Image (quick fix I know), just in the hopes to come across more mature than usual. You see, most my adult life I have been attired in skater clothes mixed with average urban clothes. I'm considering a new set of items next year to upgrade to something more suitable for my age range 30+ so if you have any tips for improving Self Image beyond the fashion that would be great. I'm in the number of people who are sceptical about affirmations and such but willing to give some inner game techniques a try to improve Self Image. A description (average body type, less than 6' and average hairstyle), I don't plan on taking up a gruelling exercise regimen or gym membership thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:25 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I went through a similar situation not long ago. I dressed grungy/rocker most of my life. Got to mid 30's and decided its time for a change. So, I bought some nice polos, button up shirts, nice jeans and shoes. I felt like I was wearing a costume! I wasn't comfortable in those clothes. So, I tried to mesh the grungy/rocker with a nicer/adult look. I got button ups that are a little edgy (distressed; subtle unique designs). Or wore the nicer button ups with a distressed jean (for contrast). I feel more comfortable this way. Its my own style. Not a costume.

Dress for what makes you comfortable!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:50 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

whats the price and what type of style you want to portray? mystery (party-spensors like )or gambler (high end fashion)?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:35 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
whats the price and what type of style you want to portray? mystery (party-spensors like )or gambler (high end fashion)?
I've not considered prices yet, I understand I don't have to spend a fortune to look good and brand logos are a bit tacky. I'm simply just in need of switching up from baggy, scruffy looking clothes to something more attractive. I would veer more towards Gambler than Mystery if that's what you're asking? I certainly can't see myself dressed eccentrically.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:24 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Check out the book, PsychoCybernetics by Maxwell Maltz.

You can try it here Here: New AA Cure

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:57 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

BSN good news - I would recommend only stores I personally shop at. The best one to visit with in the month would be Banana Republic as they have sales going on and they percentages is at its best at BR. I would spend at least enough for 1 outfit and a life hack would be to go in build rapport and then have one of the sales team tell you what matches.

Ex after opening and building a connection. (hey I am looking for something that is going to match my basic look, I have a (my colors is summer but know what matches you) summer tone and I will be looking for warm colors. I see you have an outfit that seems well thought out do you know something in here that you would deem worthy? )

Key tips: spend minimum of 100 (preferable 200 per outfit) and get 1 GOOD outfit (assuming you have well dress shoes / well crafted boots) and can use the outfit to LOOK LIKE SOMETHING OUT OF A PROFESSIONAL MAGAZINE. (I put in all caps so people will not confuse looking like the PUA as the goal. The goal is to look like what others deem as successful (on here its different for us because there is an established connection to the PUAs we know based on THEIR skill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Gambler has that GQ, Esquire, Burberry attire so look into finding advertisements for that.