Are Old pick up ideas being thrown out?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Technical Issues & Suggestions

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:23 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Mystery and style had gotten me into the idea of being a pua, but there is a guy on you tube I think he's gambler (long brown hair) who basicly discredits all of mysterys teachings like negs and pecocking. I don't know how I feel about it. Any comments?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:22 pm 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
Mystery and style had gotten me into the idea of being a pua, but there is a guy on you tube I think he's gambler (long brown hair) who basicly discredits all of mysterys teachings like negs and pecocking. I don't know how I feel about it. Any comments?
He's no longer the go to guy when it comes to methods. Negs and peacocking arre not as highly regarded because those aspects of pickup and the success is limited to the guy who uses them and can opull them off naturally.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:45 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

All the big PUA's have their own styles. Just take what is useful to you from each one. Not many pua's use overt negs now as they're pretty much too mainstream and a lot of girls know what you're up to. Passive negs (what you don't do or say) work well with quality girls but yet again they're not usually needed if you have a high value frame.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:00 pm 
King Among Mortals

Quote:
Are Old pick up ideas being thrown out?
God I hope so

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:21 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Yeah a lot of that stuff is discredited now. I mean, read The Game, even he says that all of his methods got blown out of proportion and every girl on the strip was being shown magic tricks and thrown negs.

So, girls know about some of this stuff. And that's okay.

As far as peacocking, yeah that just fit Mystery's style, really. I think peacocking is still good, but it needs to be subtle and to your own style.

Me, for example, I have two full very colorful tattoo sleeves (also very unique style of tattooing as well). So that's peacocking, but it's technically subtle, because tattoos are common.

But you better believe that when I'm at a country bar, and they're playing country western two-step, all eyes are on me; why is that hipster-ish looking tattooed guy doing two step? I get approached by girls to dance. Peacocking can work if it suits you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:16 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

All you have to do is go to the girl and rap with her.

And do this over and over again until you are meeting and getting with girls who desire you.

Then it will all flow from there.

Speak to the woman as though you already know her. This is literally 90% of the "game."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:42 pm 
King Among Mortals

Quote:
\

Speak to the woman as though you already know her. This is literally 90% of the "game."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:41 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
And very true. It's an easy frame to project and an easy one for the girl to drop into.