Any advices for watches?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:28 am 
New to MPUA Forum

A good watch should fit well on your wrist. It should go without saying take it to a jeweler and get it sized (costs like $5 for them to take a link out and they give it back so if you gain weight you can re adjust it.)

In terms of style for a watch it all comes down to personal needs. I personally think watches can fall into three categories: Sport, Casual and Dressy. A "sport" watch would be what you would see someone training for an Iron man wearing. A "casual" watch could be like sliver metal band watch (dive watches are cool and versatile) or I know the "Weekender" by Timex has a pretty laid back face and you can switch out the bands for something dressier/classy (brown or black leather) or something rugged (I've seen a paracord watch band.) Finally a "dressy" watch usual is a leather band (think Daniel Wellington) in a conservative color (black or brown.) Honestly though just like with clothing it wont matter what you wear if you aren't comfortable. These aren't "rules" that are etched in stone they are simply suggestions.

If you want to peacock a little, if/next time you wear a three piece suit get a pocket watch (yeah old old school) I guarantee that will be a good conversation starter.

I always found it interesting the evolution of watches. They started on walls, then in our pockets, onto our wrists and finally back in our pockets (cell phones.)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:08 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Personally I only wear high end swiss pieces (Rolex, AP, Patek), as I am a collector.
But from being out and about in town I've noticed g shock being quite popular, ideally you would want to go for something unique in your own price range.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:55 am 
New to MPUA Forum

It all depends on the size of your wrist.
Don't be that guy with a huge watch and toothpick wrists. It's just bad style.

If you're looking for a watch in the $200 to $400 range, I would go one of 2 routes:

1. A replica of something well known that looks amazing, such as a Breitling Navitimer (even if women don't know the brand, they will love the look. I get compliments on mine all the time)

OR

2. A real automatic watch within budget, such as the Seiko SKX007, Seiko Orange Monster or an Orient Calendar.

If you decide to lower your budget but still wish to have a nice watch, have a look at Guess watches. They are inexpensive and look pretty decent.
Just remember:
Once you start buying a watch, you will return to buy a second, and a third and....
Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:26 am 
New to MPUA Forum

If someone want, I can make leather watch.

Here some of my work:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:13 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
It depends a lot on what your overall style is like. If you are smart, then you have to go for a classic style (think Rolex but cheaper).

Should you be more "cool and young" then perhaps something like Tokyo Flash http://www.tokyoflash.com/en/watches/1/
Please don't buy these. They are gimmicky and very autistic looking, extremely childish.

Just buy Omega or something.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:21 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I use brownish wasteland boots/shoes a lot, so this gets a lot of use. It also gets quite a lot of enhances, as it tends to enhance my buckle and footwear and really finish the clothing. This also demonstrates that a high priced observe is not absolutely essential.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:04 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

I wear a Rolex Submariner. I'm a clock and watch collector, Rolex usually comes with that territory.

I can't recommend anything for you specifically, but can tell you to just go to the mall and look at some watches, and find the one you think looks best on you.

Something kind of related, that is sort of funny. I'm also totally hooked on tattoos. On my left wrist, where my watch goes, I have a Rolex crown tattoo.

Every once in a while, when a girl asks me what my favorite tattoo is, I'll slide my watch over and say "I really like this one 'cause I've wanted it since I was a kid! I always thought it was a funny tattoo."

That comment is bait for more questioning:

"Why the crown? What is it?"

Me: "Oh it's the Rolex crown. I always said that I'd get that where my watch goes."

This usually leads to one of two things. Either they'll ask if I wear a Rolex, which I say "Yeah I do, they really are amazing watches" (Nothing about value), or they'll eyeball my Rolex.

I definitely don't like acting like my watch is adding any value, but it doesn't hurt.

Oh, and occasionally (not often at all) a girl will say "nice watch." Interestingly, the last girl to comment on my watch was 18 years old.

If you do end up ever deciding to spend thousands of dollars on a watch, I highly recommend you learn everything about it so you have some talking points on your horological decision, instead of the LAME "Yeah haha my watch was like $8,000"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:40 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Cool Bro... I want to buy one Can you Reccomend Me form this list. https://knowallthe.com/best-survival-watches/