Purpose in Life

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Building an Attractive Lifestyle

Post subject: Purpose in Life
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:35 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Hey fellas, I am confused and pretty much would like to know if anybody had gone through the same thing. For quite a while I was quite happy with my life. I made a team of football in Europe (didn't last long), I was always improving my game (seduction) until I got to meet a girl that fulfilled that need of having a partner.

However, now I don't find my purpose in life. Unfortunately, my career in football (soccer) has not been like I had dreamed of. I suffered a bad ankle injury. For my luck, it was in my strong foot and I damaged some nerves pretty bad. The worst part was that I couldn't rehab it the right way because I had to leave the country and my stubborn ass played through my fucked up ankle damaging more what was already damaged.
I tried rehab but it seems I would never gain my form again.
I tried with trainers but mentally I'm just not there to overcome fear.

Now....I feel I lost purpose. I am back in the US living in a state I really don't like. I was coaching, because is my passion, but the pay wasn't good enough so I have to leave. I'm working a job that I completely don't like but it pays my bills.

At this point I feel lost and not sure what my path should be. The thing is that I'm not sure what the next step in my life should be? Why I'm feeling so lost?

Have anyone felt this way? I know everything comes in your inner game but mine is banged up. I even feel terrify of going to a field and play against professionals.

I barely want to get up in the mornings. I even feel pity for myself writing this.

If anyone has been in a position where you have felt you lost everything and you have no purpose anymore and overcome that, please share it.

I have some jobs offers for more desk jobs but something that I would hate to do.

I'm all about traveling and finding myself, has anyone gone traveling and have nice experiences?

Thank you for reading my vent. Life is beautiful and some times takes another perspective to see what you're not able to.

Bonne chance!

Post subject: Re: Purpose in Life
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:39 am 
PUA Forum Leader

how old are you?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:53 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
how old are you?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:54 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Well you have the biggest advantage of all, age. You have your whole life in front of you and your not even in your PUA prime, that's early to mid thirties. You should move to a big city you like or go to Europe for a year and work and focus on PUA and what you really want to do as a career. I agree you shouldn't take an office drone job you dont like, you are never going to be successful doing something you hate. At your age I wouldn't worry about establishing some normal lifestyle, you are at the point in life in which the priority is exploring new places and doing new things - be brave

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:12 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Well you have the biggest advantage of all, age. You have your whole life in front of you and your not even in your PUA prime, that's early to mid thirties. You should move to a big city you like or go to Europe for a year and work and focus on PUA and what you really want to do as a career. I agree you shouldn't take an office drone job you dont like, you are never going to be successful doing something you hate. At your age I wouldn't worry about establishing some normal lifestyle, you are at the point in life in which the priority is exploring new places and doing new things - be brave
Thanks for the advice my friend. I have thought on doing that but I'm doing some research on having an income that I can travel and trying finding myself.

Getting women was never an issue. Learning game took me to another level, mentally. What I'm coming across is nothing turning in the way I expect I guess and seen I don't see a purpose anymore I'm in this vague space doing nothing. Seeing the days go by without me growing as a person.

The sad part was that I never experienced this feeling of not knowing what to do.

I do thank you for your time, I know its never cool reading other people's venting comments.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:20 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

I think it would help you to establish some goals then implement some method and process to pursue them. There are plenty of good books on this. One piece of advice I will offer you, that I didn't realize at your age, is that doing something, even if it is scary and unknown, is better then staying in a known rut. By doing something to break you out of your funk: moving to another city and training for your first MMA fight, going to Europe to work at a hostel, hiking the Pacific Cerst trail, ...etc. you will hardly ever end up in a worse situation then what you currently are in. All those suggestions will help you to grow as a person. Life is made of good memories of goals accomplished, not playing it safe and being in a rut because that's the course of least resistance.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:34 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
I think it would help you to establish some goals then implement some method and process to pursue them. There are plenty of good books on this. One piece of advice I will offer you, that I didn't realize at your age, is that doing something, even if it is scary and unknown, is better then staying in a known rut. By doing something to break you out of your funk: moving to another city and training for your first MMA fight, going to Europe to work at a hostel, hiking the Pacific Cerst trail, ...etc. you will hardly ever end up in a worse situation then what you currently are in. All those suggestions will help you to grow as a person. Life is made of good memories of goals accomplished, not playing it safe and being in a rut because that's the course of least resistance.
Thanks man. I appreciate it that. Any books that you recommend?

Also, did you move to Europe and experience all those things?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:42 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Anything by Brian Tracey or "Triggers" by Marshall Goldsmith. Also I love "77 laws of success" by David DeAngelo. You likely need to make some goals and then add some discipline, action steps, and actionable details for implementing them

Your first priority though should still be determining what your next big life adventure should be and pursuing it. I definitely would not be pursing any job for money or security at this point, that will likely only make you more unhappy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:45 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

".I feel I lost purpose."

this has happened to me twice in life and once when I was exactly your age, the only thing that saved me was being so fed up by being in an unhappy rut and not having purpose that I took some random, big action in my life. So I guess i'm saying you should do the same but adding in the wisdom of making a good, actionable plan first.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:08 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Great!

I'll make plans and follow it. I think you're right, discipline its the biggest part.

Thank you man! Now to figure out a plan.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:34 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

This happens to a lot of guys - especially athletes. Their sport becomes their life - their identity - and when it ends they feel lost. I advise you develop hobbies. It can be as simple as writing, going to the beach, photography, whatever you enjoy. Be honest with yourself and do what you want to do, learn about the hobby and enjoy! Also, spend some time with people who also partake in the hobby - you'll enjoy it, meet new people and will grow and expand as a person.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:02 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
This happens to a lot of guys - especially athletes. Their sport becomes their life - their identity - and when it ends they feel lost. I advise you develop hobbies. It can be as simple as writing, going to the beach, photography, whatever you enjoy. Be honest with yourself and do what you want to do, learn about the hobby and enjoy! Also, spend some time with people who also partake in the hobby - you'll enjoy it, meet new people and will grow and expand as a person.

Thanks man. Have you been in this situation before? It's not like I live in a huge city either. Like right now, we're having a winter storm and the whole city shuts down.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:16 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks man. Have you been in this situation before? It's not like I live in a huge city either. Like right now, we're having a winter storm and the whole city shuts down.
Personally, I haven't but I have worked with a few athletes. One played baseball his entire life and when his career ended he worked for his family's company and seeked me out. Dude was pretty lost. He felt worthless because everything he did the majority of his life (and was recognized for) was now over and he was lost.

It's like he had to learn how to be a regular guy again. Despite the fact he was a cool guy with good social skills he didn't know how to be himself (aside from play baseball) and I had to teach him what I had mentioned. In the matter of a few months he discovered numerous hobbies (it's funny because he started reading for enjoyment A LOT - something he says he never did), met new people, and started dating women he had never dated before.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:09 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Personally, I haven't but I have worked with a few athletes. One played baseball his entire life and when his career ended he worked for his family's company and seeked me out. Dude was pretty lost. He felt worthless because everything he did the majority of his life (and was recognized for) was now over and he was lost.

It's like he had to learn how to be a regular guy again. Despite the fact he was a cool guy with good social skills he didn't know how to be himself (aside from play baseball) and I had to teach him what I had mentioned. In the matter of a few months he discovered numerous hobbies (it's funny because he started reading for enjoyment A LOT - something he says he never did), met new people, and started dating women he had never dated before.

I see. So picking up hobbies would help? Thanks man

I do feel lost. Like I don't know what to do with myself. Thanks for the advices guys.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:41 am 
New to MPUA Forum

What maybe helps is to watch some motivational speaking. I think Nick Vujicic is great to watch. He has some seriously great stuff there amd you can learn a lot about it