Should I have not started college and engineering?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Beliefs and Confidence Building, Self-Esteem, and General Inner Game

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:24 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I feel as if I am in college to impress my parents.

My parents moved from another country without high school degrees even, and made a hard living raising me up in the states.
They expect me to be successful, and I want to make them proud, but at the expense of making myself unhappy? is this right? am i spoiled? AM i a lazy pathetic insecure person?

I worked hard to get into the college of engineering, but seeing so many people switch majors and quit makes me harder to stay motivated... >_<

Are engineering majors beta males?

If I had just kept my waiter job after high school, I would have been able to afford an apartment, and still have money left over to buy fresh clothes, and travel. I would have zero debt.

I will be $10k into debt after this semester ends. Ending my freshmen year of Engineering, then Ill go work in the summer, and restart the process allover for three years in fall.

Out of my three classes this semester, I am likely to pass only two. Im going to fail c++ coding class because I suck at it, and it is REALLY boring and uninteresting. Sure, computers run the world, but I just cant stand learning "computer algorithms". When you tell a girl what you do, its like "I code." Thats such a turn off. Its like the complete jump of death into the unattractive zone. :(

Deep down...deep deep down, I keep having second thoughts about college. I feel like, society wanted me to jump into a trap, and once I was in that trap, it would make me a debt slave for the next 25 years or so of life paying that debt back. I look at graduate engineers, most of them dont look attractive or alpha, they look like office slobs who code. Girls dont find that attractive at all.

The majority of chicks at my college are southern white chicks. I still haven't been noticed or approached by any of them. Needless to say, I never really approached any of them either because of anxiety. I wasn't in "the zone." One time, I sat with a group of white boys, and heads started spinning. I felt noticed. I felt like I had social value. Sitting alone, I get zero attention. I feel like a pathetic loser with zero chance of getting a hot ass girlfriend.

I want to be a bad ass. I want to regain control of life, do what I want, forget what my parents or anyone thinks, and just be happy.

I dont care about making $70k I dont even know if I was mature enough to start college.

Like if I had taken a gap year after high school, I could have been replenished, found out if I was ready for college, and then go.

Something in life is missing.. its my sense of self. Its like Im a robot programmed to do something I dont like (engineering) because its so hard. I study study study and fail my physics exams.

What is my life going to be like if I become an engineer? Welll... I can see myself making good money, probably with a wife who will cheat on me cause Im beta, and living my miserable life unnoticed, as I die one day, and be unknown to the world.

5'8
Lifting weights for 5 years
~ 16% Body Fat
Always was a smart kid. 3.8 GPA high school
Tech savvy

Love cars, like to party and have fun, but I feel like people see me as that nerdy wierd creep, or that guy whos always alone.

I just want to be who I really am, but I feel like I have gave in to what people want me to be.

Anyone know how I feel?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:33 am 
New to MPUA Forum

First i'll state my friend, i'm an AFC and am also new to the field of PUA However we have quite a-lot in common.

To start we're both the same age, and both are going for the literal exact occupation. (i'm going for software engineering).

Now you sound like you arn't passionate in the egineering field, i for one love the field and i quite disagree with you saying no women like coders. Now like i said i'm not a master PUA so i don't have much personal experience but ican tell you i know others in my field that are quite women successful.

Honestly my friend you should do what you love in life, if you feel that this field isn't for you then don't go for it, don't go for something because you want to "impress" your parents.

But also don't switch out because others are switching out, if you do like the field then stick with it. During a Q and A mark zuckerberg was asked "how to be successful" he replied "don't give up"

All in all every situation is different, there isn't a literal EXACT profession that girls are turned off on. You should do what you want to do in life.

IF you do decide to stick with software egineering, and you need help with c++, i can help you with that, as that is the literal exact progarmming language i've had most experience and joy with. Just message me and we can figure it out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:39 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
First i'll state my friend, i'm an AFC and am also new to the field of PUA However we have quite a-lot in common.

To start we're both the same age, and both are going for the literal exact occupation. (i'm going for software engineering).

Now you sound like you arn't passionate in the egineering field, i for one love the field and i quite disagree with you saying no women like coders. Now like i said i'm not a master PUA so i don't have much personal experience but ican tell you i know others in my field that are quite women successful.

Honestly my friend you should do what you love in life, if you feel that this field isn't for you then don't go for it, don't go for something because you want to "impress" your parents.

But also don't switch out because others are switching out, if you do like the field then stick with it. During a Q and A mark zuckerberg was asked "how to be successful" he replied "don't give up"

All in all every situation is different, there isn't a literal EXACT profession that girls are turned off on. You should do what you want to do in life.

IF you do decide to stick with software egineering, and you need help with c++, i can help you with that, as that is the literal exact progarmming language i've had most experience and joy with. Just message me and we can figure it out.
I figured I would OWE not the $10k I THOUGHT I would owe, but the full $20k if I dropped out. I realized it would be better to get my degree and finish college. Im also switching to Mechanical Engineering because it would suit me better. I would say Im probably coming off as a needy person.

I approached a girl today after presenting my engineering project with my group, and asked her if she wanted to hang out, and she gave me the "Oh, Im sorry, but I have a boyfriend response."

Then I said, "Well, Im just asking to hang out its not like we are going on a date."

Then she said,"Yea i know but my bf is really strict abt that stuff"

Then she said," we can still talk to eachother in class next year"

(the course is a successive two semester physics course for engineers"

Then I was like "Oh yea."

i was a lil mad lol

So i definitely came too lousy on that. She was cute and had this sexy Korean eyes. (White/Korean chick)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:02 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

As of now, my motivation for college is ZERO. I feel like Im missing out on life. I havent made much friends here, except associate with some people I knew from high school that ALSO go here. My parents think everything is going Oh so well, but I havent told them im failing one class and I am not taking the final. (it wont hurt my GPA Ill just fail), and JUST BARELY passing one class, and average in another class. So 2/3 classes im passing. I just dont wanna be here. F*** the debt. Its all about doing what makes u happy so if i do quit and take my old job back ill pay off what i have and just work for a while and then figure out what i really wanna do. Life sucks for me right now. I dont get any PLAY. No attention, no freinds. NO fucking life. And I study my a** off to fail physics.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:50 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey man, I understand that you're in a really difficult situation right now with the debt. But if you really don't like engineering, then It's not worth it to keep doing it, because you're going to regret it for years to come.

You got to figure out what it is that you're really passionate about. What do you love to do? Then figure out a way that you can make a living out of it. You may have to work a normal job for the time being and or go to a community college and experiment a little bit. Just take some classes that you think you would enjoy.

For me, I went to a community college and I took a lot different classes that I would enjoy as well as the ordinary classes that you're supposed to take. And although, I found it valuable, school wasn't the answer to figuring out what I really wanted, at least not entirely. And in the last few years I've been in a process of deep self discovery and feel like now, I'm living my life with more purpose then ever before.

It also sounds to me that you need to work a bit on your self esteem and confidence. And by doing this you'll naturally start to realize what it is that you really want to do with your life.

I also wouldn't base your decision of what you want to do by how attractive you think it will be to girls. Because it honestly doesn't matter that much. If it's something that you love and are passionate about, then women will sense that, and be attracted to you.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 3:39 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Man it's all about how you say your profession. Here is a fantastic clip from T.V.s NPH (Barney Stinson explaining that) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB13QozfFT4 It's all in how you say it.
Quote:
If I had just kept my waiter job after high school, I would have been able to afford an apartment, and still have money left over to buy fresh clothes, and travel. I would have zero debt.

Deep down...deep deep down, I keep having second thoughts about college. I feel like, society wanted me to jump into a trap, and once I was in that trap, it would make me a debt slave for the next 25 years or so of life paying that debt back. I look at graduate engineers, most of them dont look attractive or alpha, they look like office slobs who code. Girls dont find that attractive at all.
I dropped out after my first semester freshmen year. I went to college to play baseball and I didn't make the team, realized I was unhappy there and left. Took some time off and went to "find myself." At first I wanted to be in Advertising (Not a very appealing job either, but look at Don Draper) then I took a deeper interest in hobbies, paid off my debt (5K) and I still don't have a definitive answer on what I want to do. Been a year and a half and am looking to transfer into another school. All I'll tell you is if you're unhappy, change that man!! Steve Jobs said “I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer has been "No" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.” It's your life.
Quote:
Love cars, like to party and have fun, but I feel like people see me as that nerdy wierd creep, or that guy whos always alone.

I just want to be who I really am, but I feel like I have gave in to what people want me to be.

Anyone know how I feel?
Breaking on your own is going to be hard but being your own man will be worth it. I started growing my hair out focusing heavily more on my guitar. (Been playing for 8 years) Dressing in suits on a regular basis. Paying my own way, waiting tables. It sucks at times but I go to bed with peace of mind every night. You are to people what you project. Maybe a change of scene could do you well, don't waste money on college if you aren't going to be solid on what you want. Go out and experience the world regardless if its learning a new hobby, traveling, or ordering something new. I'll recommend a triple dose of pushing your comfort zone.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:42 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Quote:
Man it's all about how you say your profession. Here is a fantastic clip from T.V.s NPH (Barney Stinson explaining that) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB13QozfFT4 It's all in how you say it.
Quote:

I dropped out after my first semester freshmen year. I went to college to play baseball and I didn't make the team, realized I was unhappy there and left. Took some time off and went to "find myself." At first I wanted to be in Advertising (Not a very appealing job either, but look at Don Draper) then I took a deeper interest in hobbies, paid off my debt (5K) and I still don't have a definitive answer on what I want to do. Been a year and a half and am looking to transfer into another school. All I'll tell you is if you're unhappy, change that man!! Steve Jobs said “I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer has been "No" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.” It's your life.
Quote:

Anyone know how I feel?
Breaking on your own is going to be hard but being your own man will be worth it. I started growing my hair out focusing heavily more on my guitar. (Been playing for 8 years) Dressing in suits on a regular basis. Paying my own way, waiting tables. It sucks at times but I go to bed with peace of mind every night. You are to people what you project. Maybe a change of scene could do you well, don't waste money on college if you aren't going to be solid on what you want. Go out and experience the world regardless if its learning a new hobby, traveling, or ordering something new. I'll recommend a triple dose of pushing your comfort zone.

Hey guys! Thanks for all your inciteful and caring feedback. I know it has been A LONNNNGG time, but felt like checking up on this post to see what is new and I just got to thinking tonight about my future this coming fall.

Im on summer vacation.
I work as a waiter.
This summer I have been busy with work/ routine maintennence on my car now that I have income.
To be honest, Ive met so many goals!
Ive also been on this 12 week workout program, and am 1 week out from finishing my strength training.
So summer has been great so far! I love it!

After hitting up a friend tonight I made in my engineering courses this past year, I asked her how her summer classes were going, because we had both failed intro to C++. She passed the summer course. And I am DREADING going back to that class again. Its so intense. When paired together with other engineering courses it seems impossible to pass! So Im going to have to take it in a summer program next summer.

It got me thinking: If I hate programming, why go through it? As a matter of fact, I chose all non-engineering courses except for Calculus in this coming fall so I can get my mind right and really boost my GPA up from this past years losses. Im scared... I don't know how to approach college. My sophmore year starts in August, and while the Fall will be easy, Spring will be engineering courses out the a**. Everytime I think about it I get depressed and frustrated.

Ive always been interested in engineering, and people always tell me Im smart and i have a knack for fixing mechanical things/solving problems, but this college adventure so far has been an emotional roller coaster ride.

Enough of college talk: And more about the relative stuff.

Many of you are saying not to base your life around women and do things to attract them, and I agree. I was doing that, and Ive stopped. I just stopped giving a crap about what they think. A poon slaying co worker of mine told me "Look, if before you even meet her you are worried of what she thinks, she has already won." Meaning if you give a damn, then the chances of you fu**ing her is none. Lol and it really took a burden off of my back to hear this and implement into my mind.

I did get laid this summer once but from the same chick I have banged since last summer.

Im more goal driven and work to improve myself in spiritual mental and physical ways without caring about others. I just keep my head down and do my own thing if that clarifies. This has improved my social interactions quite well, and does anyone here agree with me?

Again thanks for taking the time to read my thread!