To get rid of my shyness, I decided to take singing lesson

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:22 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hello guys!
I was shy since I was a kid but eventually my shyness disappeared a few years ago because at my job I do public speaking all the time. But there are some things that even I can't do because I am too shy. So I thought that taking singing lesson would be great in make me get rid of my shyness.

What do you think? I just wrote to a few singing school near where I live and I'm waiting for their answers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:31 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

What kinds of situations still make you shy?

What do you think it is that singing will allow you to do that you can't already achieve through your public speaking?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:25 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
What kinds of situations still make you shy?

What do you think it is that singing will allow you to do that you can't already achieve through your public speaking?
Hi stingray007. I work as a public speaker but if I have to do a presentation in front of a lot of people I became shy and I start to feel weird inside. I want to get rid of this feeling and I thought that the most difficult thing to do when you are shy is going in front of a crowd and start singing. I will see where it will lead me.

I will probably have my first singing lesson next Wednesday.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:22 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

First you say "I work as a public speaker" and then you say "if I have to do a presentation in front of a lot of people".

I'm not sure what the difference is.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:11 pm 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
Hello guys!
I was shy since I was a kid but eventually my shyness disappeared a few years ago because at my job I do public speaking all the time. But there are some things that even I can't do because I am too shy. So I thought that taking singing lesson would be great in make me get rid of my shyness.

What do you think? I just wrote to a few singing school near where I live and I'm waiting for their answers.
It's a very cool concept. I have very little social anxiety but I won't sing in front of anybody. Don't have the voice for it.

I think you're on the right track. Hit it head on. If you are scared to sing in front of people, do it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:02 am 
New to MPUA Forum

In fact, I am scared to death to sing in front of people. I am also scared to death to danse in front of people. I do public speaking to small groups but I would be scared to have a bigger group in front of me but public speaking is less scarying for me than singing and that's why I want to do it to push my limits.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:52 am 
Dedicated Member

Good job pushing yourself to do something like that. That takes some cajones. I also used to be very shy dancing in front of people and then I took some dancing lessons and ended up competing in a dance competition where thousands of people were watching me. It has definitely helped in my dance floor game as well as I feel comfortable and confident to escalate and kiss girls on the dance floor.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:04 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Good job pushing yourself to do something like that. That takes some cajones. I also used to be very shy dancing in front of people and then I took some dancing lessons and ended up competing in a dance competition where thousands of people were watching me. It has definitely helped in my dance floor game as well as I feel comfortable and confident to escalate and kiss girls on the dance floor.

Thanks Will!

I had my first course yesterday. My teacher is a cute 21 years old and she told me that I have a great voice and she didn't understand why I am shy for not showing it to others. I will see her in two weeks because my course will be every two weeks. Until then, I have some practice to do. I think I am going to like this new activity.