While the Sun Shines:

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Post subject: While the Sun Shines:
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:16 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

First and foremost thank you, Warped Mindless, for a great read.

Now lets start from the beginning of the book. It covers most of the fundamental very well. The information on posture is great. The appearance section, sadly, leaves out those of us who are bald. An additional reference on voice tonality would be great.
The book neatly goes onto, what I believe, is the single most important piece of gaming advice anyone can give. Its a numbers game. This is all cleanly explained with out a bunch of additional crap. It has information that can help maximize your time spent playing the numbers game.
Next is a outstanding 20 day program for newbies with AA. Its clear, linear, and seems as though it would be effective.
This is followed by good information and some do's and don't about different types of openers. This all relates and ties back into the fundamentals very well.
From there some of the sections seem a little out of place. A reorganization would be nice. (I received a copy that hasn't been edited yet.)
The tips and trick section in the end is the section more advanced artist will enjoy.
Highlights. The little part about parties is outstanding gave me some great new ideas.
Overall a great book for a beginner and still worth reading for the more advance. Easy to read and easy to relate to.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:24 pm 

Thank you for the review, IOWA!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:57 pm 

IOWA, thanks again for the review! I took your feedback and expanded on the voice tonality section and added information that bald guys will find useful. Thanks again!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:18 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Honestly, I can't think of anything that is wrong with this book. Considering that about 80%-90% of pick up is not needed and/or useless entirely, the book is focused on using that 10%-20% that does work and making the most out of it.
:shock: :D