How do you record yourself in field?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » General Questions

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:09 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

For those of you that record yourself in field, how do you do it? What kind of equipment do you use? I would assume you would use some kind of hidden cam, but you would want it to have decent sound and video so it captures everything. Any tips on this?

Some hidden cams out there seem rather obvious to me, like the pen cam which sticks out of your pocket. Is there anything a little less obvious?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:29 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Seriously, nobody recording their pick ups? There must be some inconspicuous way of doing it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:05 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Why is a pen "obvious"?
I see people with pens all the time. I doubt any of them are cameras.

How about a watch?

RSDTyler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:38 am 
Ask a mod for a custom title

Unless you have a friend or someone to record you from a distance, id stay away from the hidden cameras. What's the point... they don't show YOUR body language or yourexpressions so how would they really help you? Also, having a pen, watch or glasses just is too much imo... as your gonna be moving your body and it'l just make you act awkward if you're trying to get footage of the girl and lets say you have to make sure your arm (or whatever the cam is attached to) faces her. Added to the fact that the hidden cam/recorders suck at audio. Id suggest keep it simple. A voice recorder and lapel mic. You get clear audio instead of shaky footage and bad audio.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:12 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Yeah, it wouldn't show your body language and expressions. Some how that didn't even occur to me. I guess it would capture their body language and expressions if you had the cam pointed at them, but like you said, you'll be moving your body so that could be awkward. I just thought it would be cool to some how capture all of my pick up attempts so that I could look back and see how I've improved over time, but you really would need to record yourself too. I can't imagine having a friend follow me around trying to record the interaction unless he had an inconspicuous spy cam. I suppose you could do that and have something on yourself to record the audio. I'm not sure how you could add the audio and video together. You might be able to do that in Windows Movie Maker or something.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:00 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

FWIW, to this newbie, it seems like a great idea.

I'd go as far to say that *any* practice based skill would benefit from this, whether it's practicing a musical instrument, playing soccer, etc. Even if you just recorded audio and went over your conversation to see what her reaction was to various bits of conversation. To see what went right and what went wrong.

Seems like a great idea to me...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:52 am 
PUA Forum Leader

I think the entire point of these is to just wear them casually, and pick up audio, with *some* video.
I'm going to remember a girl a lot better with some video, than just audio. Unless I talk to three women and head straight home to analyze my recordings.

RSDTyler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:44 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Yes, spy cam is a good choice for making own video more delicately. It is simple to use and carry different places. You can find a different type of camera from here and can do some Spy Images with it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:43 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

A spy camera is one of the best tools for capturing thing secretly. Anyone can try this. It gives a medium quality image. Visit us to get it for you.