Eye direction

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

Post subject: Eye direction
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:29 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I looked in girls eyes and noticed she was looking at me. We maintained eye contact for about 5 seconds and then she looked away. However she looked in upper left direction. I have read that if girls looks down she is submissive. But what does it mean if girl looks up and left (from her point of view)? I didn't approach her because she was on her phone and I didn't want to disturb her but I'm planning to do it next time I see her. However I want to know what her eyes were telling me first.

Post subject: Re: Eye direction
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:55 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

"Advice on eye contact techniques" a couple threads below this, has some great insight from fellow members.

I started reading The Power of Eye Contact by Michael Ellsberg yesterday and have never before had so much knowledge on this topic, if you're interested and want to dig in deep check that out. There are also great techniques in there on how to improve your eye contact using simple exercises that advance into Bill Clinton style charm. You will see substantial improvement within two weeks if you go out and DO THEM.

There is also information/claim from the NLP community that map exactly where the eyes go when they are recalling sensory information e.g., auditory memory, visual response, etc. If I remember correctly, up and left is visual, but I'm not an expert in this area so someone else can correct this.

The left eye is emotional dominant so you may have stirred up an emotional response or memory within, but you won't know till you talk with her :)

There's a plethora of information on this topic within this forum you just have to search for it. Good luck.

Best

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:56 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Im not sure you could get some good info from eye direction alone. Better look for clusters, how much are her eyelids open, their speed, deviation of this from baseline, stiffness of her shoulders and neck, position of legs could also provide context.

From what i researched, at best, you would know if she is processing something that is not dependent on her vision if she looks to the side without her tracking something with her eyes in the environment. From what i found, there is no consensus of how direction is, or should mean processing specific part of sensory information. Though if she is tracking something in her environment, you can know where her attention goes and even maybe get a glimpse of her intent, which is valuable info even outside NLP context.

Me, personally, dont always change direction of my eyes when im thinking about something, i just focus out sometimes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:24 pm 
Dedicated Member

looking up and to the left is the unlocking the creative part of your brain

think positively and anything it could have meant doesn't mean you cant talk to her next time

no excuses because it could have meant anything

PUA memes and pua inspirational pics/videos http://fb.com/Drew.Schroeder.Page