Got piercings.... How to respond to judgmental reactions?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Building an Attractive Lifestyle

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:00 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I'm a 28 year old guy. I got a lip and scaffold piercing (upper ear bar) few weeks ago. Used to have loads of piercings years ago. Peacocking power increased but disliking the negative side. Piercings do suit me and I wasn't insecure about them but in work people are making remarks. Now I work in an office. People keep asking am I suffering from a mid life crisis.. I feel like there's either a stigma to me having these because of my age, gender or work expectations.

Usually things like this don't bother me but the mixture of being asked by 20+ people am I suffering from mid life crisis is getting irritating. It's also making me wonder if I look stupid, even though people are complimenting me on them aswell. I feel like if I worked behind a bar this wouldn't be an issue.

What's your best suggestion on responding to this remark?

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:24 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

"of why yes would you like to go bonji jumping, buy a 100 thousand dollar car that we can't afford and pick up bitches this weekend!"

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:59 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm a 28 year old guy. I got a lip and scaffold piercing (upper ear bar) few weeks ago. Used to have loads of piercings years ago. Peacocking power increased but disliking the negative side. Piercings do suit me and I wasn't insecure about them but in work people are making remarks. Now I work in an office. People keep asking am I suffering from a mid life crisis.. I feel like there's either a stigma to me having these because of my age, gender or work expectations.

Usually things like this don't bother me but the mixture of being asked by 20+ people am I suffering from mid life crisis is getting irritating. It's also making me wonder if I look stupid, even though people are complimenting me on them aswell. I feel like if I worked behind a bar this wouldn't be an issue.

What's your best suggestion on responding to this remark?
People do not like change.
Suck it up.
The jokes will eventually stop.
Ride it out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:15 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Confront them, don't be beta and take it. Alpha's don't guff from beta's.

Mystery has the best approach for this stuff. Sit back and think of about 12 witty comebacks (so you never need to use the same one twice, for different scenarios.)

Dorky, beta office guy: Mid life crisis?
You: Why? Are you looking for a sugar-daddy?

AMOG Are you going through a midlife crisis?
You: What?
AMOG: Your piercings, look gay.
You: What? Why would you care what I look like? Do you know something I don't?

HB8: Are you going through a mid life crisis?
You: Apparently, so I guess. Wanna go look at expensive European sports cars with me? Or even give me some advice on tuepea selection?

Maybe not the best examples... But you get the idea....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:50 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Just be unwavering and unapologetic about the fact that you like your piercings and think they're cool. It's hard for people to mess with about something when your mindset inward and outward is firmly "I don't give a f**ck what you think."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:12 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Where does your sense of self-worth come from?

You or your boring work colleagues?

You pull women in alternative places, right? so who gives a fuck about the jocks at work?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:26 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

You look stupid.

Essentially: http://www.funnymemes.com/wp-content/up ... 30x700.jpg

It just doesn't fit in that SPAM. Forget the PUA crap where people tell you not to give a shit. In the business world you have to "conform." You can't go around with earrings and studs showing in the work environment(Specifically office work). It's just not socially viable and isn't peacocking in the slightest. There's a specific standard of decorum in the business world and it is very strict. Business isn't loose like the art of attraction: You have to be specific, be a leader and look like everyone else(Suit and tie). You separate yourself from others by showing specific desirable qualities, qualities that show you're profitable and able to deliver: Leadership, confidence and decisive. Appearances are set in stone so you need to suit up, get a clean cut and clean shave.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:31 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
You look stupid.
Essentially: http://www.funnymemes.com/wp-content/up ... 30x700.jpg

It just doesn't fit in that SPAM. Forget the PUA crap where people tell you not to give a shit. In the business world you have to "conform." You can't go around with earrings and studs showing in the work environment(Specifically office work). It's just not socially viable and isn't peacocking in the slightest. There's a specific standard of decorum in the business world and it is very strict. Business isn't loose like the art of attraction: You have to be specific, be a leader and look like everyone else(Suit and tie). You separate yourself from others by showing specific desirable qualities, qualities that show you're profitable and able to deliver: Leadership, confidence and decisive. Appearances are set in stone so you need to suit up, get a clean cut and clean shave.
I highly disagree. You're telling him to abandon himself, to be a "yes man". Nobody likes "yes men", except for the government. Obviously his boss had no problem with hiring him? So.. he must posses desirable qualities unpossessed by others in the office. Quite honestly, unless a person is an FBI Agent; CEO; or car salesman, there is not need to wear a suit.

Crap... I made nearly six figures at me last employer. If wore a suit to work, coworkers wold ask who died.

http://imnotstalkingyou.files.wordpress ... -d-bag.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:40 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Yeah, actually thinking about it, I would remove the really anti-social ones for work. Put them back in for evenings and weekends so they don't close up. Best of both worlds.

Piercings will harm your promotion prospects unless you are any of the following:

Artist
Musician
Designer
Social Worker
Charity work

etc.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:42 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

p.s. Congrats for nearly six figures, but if you want to crack the six figure mark and go further, being clean cut would be a good idea. Tattoos and piercings generally look better the younger you are. The older you get, the worse they look.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:49 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Shrug it off. haters gonna hate.

I go around telling my crazy live talking about anything sexual about my life freely and openly . People make remarks but I shrug it off cuz I'm only tellin them Half the story.

They don't know you . Who the fuck cares what they think?

I was really big into gauges last year . Really wanted to get down to a zero. Unfortunately I took a job that didn't allow them to be kept in ear during work. Kinda defeating the purpose of having them... Anyway be lucky you work at a job that doesn't give a rats ass how you look.

If you can't shrug it off just ask them why are they so stereotypical? make them think what and why they are saying what they are saying on a deeper level.

Fuck people dog. Be yourself