Good looking, but socially anxious

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:43 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Hey guys,

I've struggled with social anxiety my whole life. I've always been the quiet, nervous one - and I desperately want to change. I can't tell you how many girls have liked me that I've never had the balls to approach. I know that it's not just girls I am nervous around. Can you guys give me some advice, or tailor a program for me to follow? I feel like if you are attractive than you have an even harder time with girls. I apologize if I sound cocky, but I need a place to vent. Thanks, guys.

-Future PUA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:02 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
I can't tell you how many girls have liked me that I've never had the balls to approach. I know that it's not just girls I am nervous around.
You shouldn't start reading books about game. Read a few books on self-confidence and having conversations. That should give you a great start. At this moment, your problem isn't women. It's your self-esteem.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:09 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I've always thought that by doing something you eventually become more confident at it, which raises your self esteem. Action->confidence->self-esteem

I, mean, yeah I do have major self-esteem issues. Most of the books say to write positive attributes on notecards. I feel great about myself until I get into a social situation.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:20 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
I feel great about myself until I get into a social situation.
Then I highly recommend you to read No More Mr. Nice Guy! by Robert A. Glover.

In the meanwhile read this article:
http://inoveryourhead.net/the-complete- ... ng-a-fuck/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:43 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Thanks for the input man. I think that in order for me to not give a fuck, I have to keep practicing being social. These guides offer some ease of mind, but I think something like the 30 day challenge may desensitize me more.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:19 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Thanks for the input man. I think that in order for me to not give a fuck, I have to keep practicing being social. These guides offer some ease of mind, but I think something like the 30 day challenge may desensitize me more.

I am a very attractive guy and woman have told me that over and over. Something that I have learned is to not use your looks as the excuse for why woman should sleep with you. Early on I thought that was a good enough reason and that my game didn't really matter. Which has caused a sort of confusion on why I wasn't getting laid. Looks can really only be a useful tool for noticing certain IOIs, like if you catch her staring. BAM. You can move in and straight up ask her if "she was trying to have a staring contest". In the end it can makes things easier for approaching and sometimes escalating. Start believing that nothing you say will effect you negatively, because it won't. Start acting your look, instead of just showing your look. If a girl doesn't like it then that's her problem, not yours. So obviously she sucks and can't handle her own emotions.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:35 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Hey man,

I'm working on a program right now. PM me and we can talk more.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:51 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Thanks for the advice guys. I can't get the courage to speak to a girl, and when I do, my mind goes blank.