Which jeans?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

Post subject: Which jeans?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:38 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

My usual dress is the rockstar look, skinny jeans, tshirt, jewelry bracelets etc... but lately i want to change it to a more stylish look, but still convey a rockstar image.

Let me give you a run down of my look - also i am about 6ft 4 medium build.

White shirt with a dark grey suit vest
blue jeans
Wallet chain
Bandana out my back pocket
Lots of bracelets on one wrist and a rolex on the other
Necklaces
A few rings on my fingers
Ears and labret piercings
Black converse

My question is, what style of jeans would best suit? Boot cut or a looser fit? and also a lighter blue or a darker wash?

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Which jeans?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:48 pm 
Dedicated Member

Hey man.

For jeans I would just say go with A slim fit or at least fitted jeans

Those are what works for me anyways. Otherwise loose fitted jeans

might just make you look bigger then you really are.

Or they might make you look like that you are trying to hide some form of fat

but like I said man. These tips are just what works for me!

Click here to get your FREE report now!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:28 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey RockstarPUA,

Generally, for taller men it's a good idea to avoid overly skinny/slim jeans as they tend to visually mess up your proportions.

If you do decide to go with slim fit, go for lighter colors (dark colors has an additional slimming effect).

Personally, based on your outfit description, I'd go with boot cut, low waist dark jeans:

It would give contrast between upper and lower body (important for taller men) and make your legs look strong, without adding too much bulkiness to the look.

Hope this helps

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:40 pm 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
Hey RockstarPUA,

Generally, for taller men it's a good idea to avoid overly skinny/slim jeans as they tend to visually mess up your proportions.

If you do decide to go with slim fit, go for lighter colors (dark colors has an additional slimming effect).

Personally, based on your outfit description, I'd go with boot cut, low waist dark jeans:

It would give contrast between upper and lower body (important for taller men) and make your legs look strong, without adding too much bulkiness to the look.

Hope this helps

You honestly couldn't have said it better man.

Click here to get your FREE report now!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:29 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Quote:
Hey RockstarPUA,

Hope this helps
I've never really been a fan of bootcut jeans because they doesn't seem to sit on most shoes well.
True, bootcut does limit the choice of shoes you can wear, but I would argue that overall visual proportions are more important than any single piece of clothing. And great pair of boots are almost always pretty damn cool :)

Here's a pretty solid article when it comes to jeans by fashionbeans:

http://www.fashionbeans.com/2010/the-es ... ans-guide/

and even though they diss bootcut jeans in the article, there's a relevant comment below the article:

"Given I am 6ft4 with large feet I find bootcut fits me best. I can’t imagine wearing any other type of jean as it alwasy makes my feet look absolutely huge (which they are). At least a bootcut takin up some of my plimsoles makes me look a ‘normal’ size. Therefore I simply don’t agree with the bootcut comment"