Finding Motiviation

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

Post subject: Finding Motiviation
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:23 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Disclaimer: this will probably start out sounding cocky and like I'm full of myself. If so, call me out I can take constructive criticism.

So here's my problem, I fell like I'm a lot more interesting than most of the women I meet. Unlike most of the guys starting out I've actually had some success with women and I have very little difficulty walking up and starting a conversation. The issue I have is that when I do start a conversation with most people I quickly realize that a year of my life is a lit more interesting than most people's entire biography. As proof of what I'm talking about here's a list of DHV stories (apologies if it sounds like bragging) I can tell that are all based on real events:
-The time I met Bill Nye
-The summer I spent in Italy
- Getting kicked out of a hotel in Italy for breaking onto the roof
-Winning the San Antonio regional mud drags in my truck
-Almost being struck by lightning while leading a 2 week hiking trip through the rocky mountains
-Getting into a car chase with my GFs jealous exBF (yes I know this sounds like a MM story, really did happen)
-Nude Modeling during college based on a bet with my boss
-Interning for NASA
-Stopping someone from stepping in a puddle of acid immediately after a space shuttle launch
-etc.

The point is that 90% of the time when I consider going out to sarge I just think of the other times I've been out and what a boring time I had. Part of the problem is I'm a class 1 (read: major) introvert so I'm not the sort of person who just goes out to socialize.

Before I get too long winded let me just get down to the basics, and hopefully help some other people out at the same time:

What techniques did/do you use to motivate yourself to go out and socialize?

I feel like once I really get into it and start seeing results from PUA techniques it'll be easier to just go out and meet people, but, just like rolling a boulder down a hill, getting the energy to gain the experience seems like the toughest part (for me at least).

I appreciate any responses and I hope they help anybody else that is in mine or a similar position.

Post subject: Re: Finding Motiviation
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:26 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Hey mate

Regarding motivation to go out id suggest the use of pua podcasts which can be great to get your ass out the door and the use of good music. I would recommend music that makes you smile and feel better about going out there.
Im interested to know what stage of pua your at, (how long you have been gaming with community influences.). As im not to sure weather you mean your stories are routines or actually influenced by your own life. if this is the case look more at natural game it gives much more of a rush to a more experienced pua.
Concerning other peoples stories it sounds like either your just being obnoxious or you haven't come across someone with an interesting enough story to tell. If you are only currently gamming at night look into day game as subjects you can branch into are much more varied not just have you tried this drink etc lol.

Hope this helps,
Urbane.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:28 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I appreciate the input. I know from other aspects of my life that music can be a pretty good motivator so I don't see why it wouldn't work here.

In terms of where I'm at in the PUA circuit I just started out ~a month ago (around the same time I joined the forums), haven't even finished Mystery Method yet. In terms of experience though I've had some practice from natural experience (e.g. several girlfriends, lots of opening sets, and a threesome), so I already have some of the habits ingrained in me, especially the confidence part.

All of the DHV stories I showed are from my own experience which is why I have no problem talking about them and part of the reason I've been having trouble.

I'm wondering if instead of starting on HB6/7s I should be practicing on 8/9s since that's the whole reason I decided to study pickup, to get the girls I know i deserve. BTW, that last sentence is a perfect example of something that sounds cocky to me but could just be confidence; it's hard for me to tell with the way I was raised (once again, small town north dakota, traditional catholic family). I'm willing to be as confident/ballsy/cocky as necessary, I just don't know where to stop.

Once again, I appreciate the help and I'm glad I joined. These forums are more active than a lot I've seen.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:50 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Generally at your stage in the community mystery method is ideal. However as you seem to have had success already with natural game I would build on that more. Use what is already working for you! By all means mix it up between routines and natural game but you should be challenging yourself, routines are for people who struggle with general conversation and confidence. Time to put yourself on a equal footing it may stop you judging there poor conversation skills so harshly.
Regarding going after the 9s and 10s everyone deserves them its not at all vain!
Game is an extreme sport and if your not getting that adrenaline buzz from doing something that scares you, then your doing something wrong.

In summery challenge yourself and you will meet those interesting women!

stick to the rule: leave them better than when you found them.

best of luck,
Urbane.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:44 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Hey bro.

Nice reading this thread so far, I'm back to gaming after a 1 year break, so I'm pretty much in a similar situation as you are motivational wise at the moment. I'll provide you with an inside look on my mindset, after being back in the game for about 3 weeks with a lot of rejection and anxiety problems during game.

I just got back to it about 3 weeks ago and already I go out there and I see so many IOI's thrown at me during my usual day, when I'm not gaming. HB9's reaching for the "secret" body contact during a crowded train ride (No, not what you think! I'm not doing shit I sit perfectly still and DON'T reach out at any point, they initiate and stay. 15 minutes of pure bliss without the pressure of now I got to hit that attitude so relaxing and confidence building), hot girls at my university that just now happen to notice me and start giving me the looks.
It makes me feel the rush this adrenaline kick. -> It becomes a cycle and bam! they hunt you. (This is what you want and why you keep pushing yourself out of your comfort zone by using PUA)

I just totally screwed up my last set and you know what I did afterwards? I wrote her a totally wussy message about going out on a date together with the sole purpose of being rejected (making her feel sexy and in control)-> you got to feel the sting too, makes you remember your mistakes :3.
Secretly laughing at my place while deleting her number before her response, listening to some awesome epic music while thinking about how that day a girl blushed like crazy and almost literally feel on the floor after I gave her the looks.
That feeling is the gold you're actually looking for it makes you a natural PUA.
That is how I build up some serious motivation which in return then opens me all the opportunities I dream off.

And what really motivates me aside from pumping myself with epic music and setting my brain to: "Now we play!"
Is being in this community, it gives me this extra push because I want to prove myself worthy of being called a full-fledged PUA. And I can learn so much by advising others and receiving input as well.Thanks guys by the way :3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:47 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
What techniques did/do you use to motivate yourself to go out and socialize?
All the super hot babes I plan on meeting when I'm out