Keeping It GQ Lesson #2 Man of Detail!

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:24 pm 
Dedicated Member

So....

Today I just wanted to share some simple fashion and style tips that has helped me in field! Although this is NOT advice for everybody...it is my sincere hope that you take at least A few golden nuggets to what is presented here!

#1. Have A nice haircut with an edge up!

I have curly hair, so the style that has fit me most for what I wear and want my avatar to be has been tapered sides and back, with an edge up! Girls ALWAYS compliment me on my hair and I get quite A few double takes from women everywhere I walk in public!

(Although I am not sure if its: my hair, my clothing, my body language or whatever)

#2. Be Clean shaven!

For me, being clean shaven adds more definition and width to my face, I used to rock facial hair...but after about 1 year of being clean shaven...having facial hair disgusts me for some reason...idk why lol.

#3. Always have your shoes shined!

If your anything like me and are into fashion, you will begin to check out the details of other people! And idk why, but where I am located and for my age group girls ALWAYS check out shoes first and then hair! After about 1 million times...hearing feedback from women the top 5 things I always hear is shoes and hair.

Well anyways those are just some simple takes of things that have worked for me in field! Hopefully they work for you guys to!

Click here to get your FREE report now!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:29 pm 
English Muffin

Fundamentals are often neglected, nice post , especially in the PUA "looks don't matter" world.

However, I disagree with the clean shaven part.

Girls love a good stubbly, masculine well groomed face, depends on your look. But defo add a fee points to a man's overall look.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:40 am 
Dedicated Member

For sure.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:45 pm 
Dedicated Member

Hairstyle and facial hair style are very important. It doesn't matter WHAT you have as such, but it does matter whether is suits you. If you can't afford to go to a proper salon regularly, I would make sure you go at least once every two or three haircuts and ask for it to be styled properly - a cheaper barber may be able to touch it up, but you getting the style and advice which comes from a proper salon can make you look so much better.

As for facial hair, I would advise having it in all situations unless; you have a perfectly symettrical face, which is either round or square jawed. Pointy jaws, or slightly wonky faces will look a lot better with facial hair. Also, don't have stubble if it grows out in patches on your face, or if it grows out whispy. But otherwise, I would have some degree of hair on your face. Length depends- I have mine quite long as it is quite fair, so I need it longer to make it look darker. But I trim it before it starts to curl. Dark haired people will often look better with very short 5 o clock shadow stubble.

As for shoes, they are extremely important to finish off the overall look. Again it depends on the type of shoes - smart shoes should be well shined. A pair of desert boots you can't shine, but they should not be looking old and tattered.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:16 am 
Dedicated Member

Yea man I totally agree with all your points! Especially if it suits the person! There is no point in really doing this if you don't like the feel of them or if you don't feel comfortable wearing something or trying it! But it is always worth trying something new, you may never know what works until you try!