HOUSE PARTY TOMORROW NIGHT HELP

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:45 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I'm attending a house party tomorrow, around 110 people are expected to turn up but we're in out late years of school so everyone has at least a slight idea of who people are and what they're like. I want to use whatever routines necessary for success at this party, but one slip up could land me a bad label throughout the rest of school life. But I have a few problems... I recently stopped seeing someone who is at the party, and also I am kinda shy so I struggle to approach and open with girls who I would consider out of my league? Looking for kiss closes rather than # closes, so can anyone come up with a plan of action which could sort me out for tomorrow?????? :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:13 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Assuming you're not already at the party... There's not much you can do right now. You can't click your fingers and automatically be confident and the approaching type in a day.

The only suggestion I would give is to go out, use the environment as a field for practice and work on your approaches. Just grow some balls, go up to women and use a canned line to open on them to get comfortable talking to women and approaching.

Start with something like "Hey, I want your opinion on something. I have a friend who's really shy and can't talk to women very well. He asked for my advice and i've tried but he just doesn't seem to get >IT<, you know? I've tried telling him women are generally nice and won't bite.. unless you want them to*grin*.. but he just can't bring himself to have a normal conversation with a woman. He's too nervous. Should I give up or should I stick it through?" They'll say "Stick it through" and you can say something like "Yeah, that's what I was thinking. He is my best bud after all." then just ask how they would go about getting him to come out of his shell.

Just have fun with and learn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:16 am 
Dedicated Member

All you can do right now is dress elegantly and convince yourself that you don't care about rejection.

Rejection becomes an issue when you over-think it.

You get rejected? Don't show it and don't trap it inside either, there's a lot of fish around you. Keep approaching until you get one kiss close right.